Max Payne 3 finally announced!

"It's been rumored for years and now Take Two Interactive's Rockstar Games' brand has finally made it official: a third Max Payne game is in development. This time the creative team isn't Remedy (who made the first two games and are now working on Alan Wake) but Rockstar Vancouver, best known for their work on Bully.

Rockstar has revealed little about Max Payne 3 other than it will feature you playing have "more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction."

The press release adds, "Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out."

The game is due out in the winter of 2009 and a teaser site is already online. While there is no PC logo on the site, the official Max Payne 3 press release does mention the PC as one of the platforms the game will appear on."

Source: http://news.bigdownl...nounced-for-pc/

This is the original Max Payne 3 website: http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/

Neither Remedy is making this nor Sam Lake is the writer. The story of Max Payne ended with part 2. It's better to let it as is and create some other story with other characters though with similar game play and bullet time.

In my idea (I am fan of both episodes of Max Payne), it's not just the game play but the story of Max Payne that make it special, of course bullet time too.

Well, let's wait for third episode. I don't have high hopes but let's see whether it is of same caliber as Max Payne 1 and Max Payne 2.

^ You're right but hopefully the storyline would be good enough.

But i am sure about one thing, the graphics in this game would be extremely higher than 1 and 2 due to the big time difference.

hey

my pc specs are:

e7400 core 2 duo

3gb ddr2 ram

9800gtx 512mb card

p5ql motherboard

will it play max payne in future

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

hey

my pc specs are:

e7400 core 2 duo

3gb ddr2 ram

9800gtx 512mb card

p5ql motherboard

will it play max payne in future

[/quote]

Ask from Rockstar Games

I think the requirements would be almost as same as Gta IV.

Pc Requirements of Gta IV:

Minimmum:

* OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz, AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4Ghz

* Memory: 1.5GB, 16GB Free Hard Drive Space

* Video Card: 256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

Recommemded:

* OS: Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz

* Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 2.5 GB (Windows Vista)

* 18 GB Free Hard Drive Space

* Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870

GTA IV is the most unoptimized game ever ported to Windows. EVER!

I hope that will not be the case with Max Payne 3.

Looks like bunch of Pakistanis and Indians did the job of porting GTA IV to Windows. Maybe somebody at Rockstar Games secretly or not so secretly out-sourced the porting of GTA IV to South-East Asia :P

^ LOL'z :D

Rockstar rocks! nice to hear as maxpayne 2 was outclass, but it does not clearly state wether it'll be released for pc or not. As for Gta Series its outrageous.

waow! It has been nice to hear about Max payne 3....! Although MP2 did not make a good business in its era but still i like MP2 much bcoz of its Story based Game! i.e. the combination of Love...Fight...and...Disguised Enemies!

haha yea ture!

It's a Rockstar North Games like Grand theft auto.

i am member of Rockstar Nroth Socail Club and GTA Modicate/modder..

bad news is no max in max payne..a bald character with beard is max payne :(

^ I agree, first they did this on GTA IV & now this. (I DONT like the character in Gta IV)

That max in Max payne 2 was better and suit with role. This character is much boring and not even suitable i guess.

first they did this on GTA IV & now this. (I DONT like the character in Gta IV)
[/quote]

Gta IV is real outclass! but its true they shouldn’t have change the chracter.

max in Max payne 2 was better and suit with role
[/quote]

Max was the most suitalbe person. With that voice and story it was a perfect character!

I remembered that i was So sad on the death of Mona Sax in MP2...! :( MP2 was great!

/\And i was happy to see Mona survive in MP2.

How could they release a game so soon, when no demo or trailer was shown?

So Finally a teaser trailer is out for Max Payne 3..Check it out at Gamespot..Lets you have a Glimpse at bald,tornapart Max payne