Malware Comes to Android

Recently Android users have been targeted with a sophisticated Malware that is capable of recording all the calls of the user. The Malware, which actually is an app is quite a malicious tool. On installation, it asks for certain privileges and then it is all set to go. Normal users generally tend to grant all the accesses an app asks for while installing it, which is generally quite a bad habit. This fact is actually implemented in this malicious tool which can target a novice user quite easily. After recording calls in the amr format, the application connects to the internet and uploads all the audio recorded to a server. It is however still unclear, why the app records call and then uploads them online on a server.

More details in the following article:

http://thetechnofreaks.com/2011/08/02/new-android-malware-records-your-calls-without-consent-uploads-them-to-online-servers-redmond-pie/

People should be very careful what they are installing in their devices.

That was bound to happen. I mean how hard it is to review and approve apps before they are uploaded to the app market. Now every kachra app is in the maket. Android market is like a flea market. No control and regulation over apps but Google only taking a "bhatta" to allow people to use the market.

Sorry. Duplicate post. Now deleted.

On Opera Mini.

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:3, topic:15232”]

That was bound to happen. I mean how hard it is to review and approve apps before they are uploaded to the app market. Now every kachra app is in the maket. Android market is like a flea market. No control and regulation over apps but Google only taking a “bhatta” to allow people to use the market.

[/quote]

Absolutely correct…I have extensively used Symbian and same is the condition of the Ovi Store - I mean there are completely useless apps lying down there and one can’t help but think that why on earth Nokia approves them into their stores.

The beat thing one can do is to check the comments and ratings of users before downloading the app...

[quote=“deffury, post:6, topic:15232”]

The beat thing one can do is to check the comments and ratings of users before downloading the app…

[/quote]

Good Advice… +1