Magic jack?

hi, i just moved to islamabad and have a magic jack usb port with me. it worked for outgoing calls only for awhile, but now it doesn't work at all. can anyone help me through this/?? since i am new here, i am really missing talking to my family. thanks!

Do you have the service period left? AFAIK, Magic Jack only comes with 1 year's service for calls to US and Canada. If you still have service left and it has suddenly stopped working, I think the best thing to do would be contact their support dept.

i have spent many hours with live chat tech support with them. they told me that wateen has blocked ports 5060 and 5070 and wateen said they, in fact, have not blocked any ports. wateen has also told me they won't help me fix this problem.

5060 and 5070 are blocked in Pakistan . .. the legal reason is PTCL license for voip in pakistan till 2011 .. after 2011 they may b opened.. so either switch to new port if possible or use a USA proxy client in pakistan

Hi Lashback, thanks for your post. How can I switch to another port or use a USA Proxy client in Pakistan. I am not THAT tec savvy so any and all instruction would be helpful. Thanks!

port change isnt offered by magicjack...end of story

using proxy outside PK may solve issue..if any1 knows they shud post it here ..

Would something like Hotspot Shield work - its a VPN app that effectively acts as a US-based proxy. It's quite simple to use, just download install and run, wait for it to connect to their network. You'll get an IP from the US, then you can try using your Magicjack.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

5060 and 5070 are blocked in Pakistan . … the legal reason is PTCL license for voip in pakistan till 2011 … after 2011 they may b opened… so either switch to new port if possible or use a USA proxy client in pakistan
[/quote]

maybe iam not as tech. oriented as others, but ive been using magicjack for the past 1 yr. here in khi. and it works perfectly fine, infact my subscription just ended after a yr. and id definatly be renewing it.

iam using maxcom dsl by the way.

best of luck with yr magicjack, and if there anything u wanna ask me feel free.

I use Magic Jack in office and it works fine on PTCL DSL. Doesn't work on Multinet though so I asked our network support about it and they said the device was purchased through PTCL and they have binded it with PTCL network so it won't work on others.

But device directly purchased from USA will work on all networks I guess.

Well , From My Past experience and research ,

Some users Facing port Blocking on PTCL and Some Not . and same thing on LinkdotNet

mean they are blocking for only users who are continuously use it .

In our Ofice . We use sip devices for calling all parts of the world , aprox daily 6-8 hours for each line to UAE , INDIA and UK .

we have one ptcl connection and one LDN , first our port 5060 blocked on ptcl , and after few days same thing happend on LDN ,

Then Its My job to do thing rite for these sort of troubles

it takes my Too much time to setup 2 different server for VPN Tunneling for VOIP

and now we have more latency and bit delayed voice , but it is better than to pay ptcl 30-40K daily

Would something like Hotspot Shield work - its a VPN app that effectively acts as a US-based proxy. It’s quite simple to use, just download install and run, wait for it to connect to their network. You’ll get an IP from the US, then you can try using your Magicjack.
[/quote]

i had tried Ivacy VPN service they allow different location servers

UK

USA

RUSSIA

and the result was terrible from all locations .

Even i bought b/w based packages,

I use Magic Jack in office and it works fine on PTCL DSL. Doesn’t work on Multinet though so I asked our network support about it and they said the device was purchased through PTCL and they have binded it with PTCL network so it won’t work on others.

But device directly purchased from USA will work on all networks I guess.

[/quote]

u might be absolutely right, coz i purchased my MJ device and no. in US, maybe thats the reason i can use it with maxcom here in khi.

i didnt know that u could purchase this device in pak. aswell.

i know someone who uses ptcl dsl and is also using magicjack, i dont know if they purchased their device in khi or US.

yes all are right PTCL support the MJ device. wateen does not support.

if you have wateen you will have to install http://www.anchorfree.com/downloads/hotspot-shield/

Now you can use Magic Jack in Pakistan any network

Let me know if u need any more help or magic jack in pakistan just send us an e-mail

tahseentak@gmail.com

can anyone tell me from where i can buy magic jack in karachi.

Magic Jack for sale:

i have 25 magic jack devices are available for sale, Price is Rs: 14,000/= any one intrested please contact asap limited stock only, one year free subscription and 100% money back guarantee...

0213-6833363

hi faiyaz-khan i need that device plz contact me as soon 0322-2026338.

Thanks n regards

$40 for magic jack device and 1 year free subs......

now 40 = 4200 Rs u can get around in between 5000-8000 Rs. in Pakistan

1 unit of Magic jack Rs 12,000

2 unit of Magic jack Rs 21,000

3 unit of Magic jack Rs 29,000

4 unit of Magic jack Rs 35,000

Please e-mail to tahseentak@gmail.com

This Magic jack available only in karachi we do not post the Magic jack

we deal head to cash

please let me if you need any help

I brought my MJ in US and have been using it here in Pindi for the last 10 days.So far it is working fine.

I have a 1MB connection at home.

Good News For All magicJack User

Now there is an Authorized magicJack Dealer in Karachi Pakistan website is www.call12.com

for any type of Support feel free to contact at call12@call12.com phone : 32039915