Mac vs. Pc?

if you have a chance to get a new machine what you will chose Mac or PC? and why

MacVsPC.jpg

linux runs on both :D so :P

what are the advantages of Mac?

Pros of a Mac:

-Mac viruses are rare compared to PCs, but mac viruses do exist.

-Very user friendly.

-Able to run both Windows and OSX.

-Great computer for professional applications such as business, photo editing, rendering, movie editing, etc.

-Unix based, thus more secure + stable.

-Good multimedia computer.

Cons of a Mac:

-Upgradeability is limited.

-Overpriced.

-Interface is flashy and childish, bullshit.

-People who switched from a PC to a Mac may be confused for the first few days.

-Many programs do not work on Macs. (unless you buy OSX software).

-Nearly ALL PC games DONT work on a MAC.

-Fixing macs is rather difficult than fixing PCs.

--------------------

Pros of a PC:

-Unlimited upgradeability.

-more than 95% of all the programs are compatible with PCs.

-Majority of the world uses PCs.

-Inexpensive, very affordable.

-Great for everyday use, and GAMING.

Cons of a PC:

-Buggy, unstable; especially vista.

-BSODs and crashes can be frequent if you don't give proper care.

-Viruses are out there for PCs, ALOT.

-Virus writers and hackers tend to go after PCs rather than Macs.

so, I think people like me who have little tech knowledge should always go for PC

If you are too rich then buy Mac. :P

I hate Macs for being expensive and PCs for being so unstable.

In personal computers, Mac or PC is a personal choice.

After years of evolution, Mac and PC are relatively stable. Each has its own problems:

* Windows (PC) has Blue Screen of Death

* Mac has Sad Mac

* Linux (PC and Mac) has Kernel panic and Linux kernel oops

Each personal computer machine has it's own pros and cons. The reason that Mac has less number of viruses is that Mac has less number of users than PC (Windows). If someday, 95% of users switch to Mac and only 5% people uses Windows then within few years there will be large number of viruses for Mac as currently there are for Windows (PC).

More number of users means that more hackers will target it.

Once again, anybody uses Mac or PC is a personal choice. By the way, I love BSD, in love with it for many years. And guess what it works on large number of machines :)

-----

This is NOT a rant. Shove it!

PC cuz its got better games...

Mac, it delivers the best performance

yes macs for pros and Richie richs

wht abt games...can v play latest games lik crysis, cod4 on MAC??

^ Macs do not have as good of a reputation when it comes to games, this is because of the minimal market share the Mac had in the past, and the limited capabilities of some of the older Macs. Since the switch to Intel however things have been looking up for the Mac; market share is ever increasing, Macs are on par with PC’s hardware wise, and Macs are now picking up on the game front too.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ Macs do not have as good of a reputation when it comes to games, this is because of the minimal market share the Mac had in the past, and the limited capabilities of some of the older Macs. Since the switch to Intel however things have been looking up for the Mac; market share is ever increasing, Macs are on par with PC’s hardware wise, and Macs are now picking up on the game front too.
[/quote]

if this is the case then i wil surely choose Pc

Mac ...all the way :)

wht abt games…can v play latest games lik crysis, cod4 on MAC??
[/quote]

I have COD4 on my Mac, runs better than on my friends PC. Since Mac’s now use Intel, the big gaming companies like EA are making Mac versions of their games. Need for Speed Carbon, Spores, COD4, Rainbow 6, there are tons of great games for Mac :)

Also, Mac’s are not overpriced, they just do not make low quality models like other companies do do for PC. The lowest quality Mac you can get is a Mac Mini. But for the price of a Mac, OS aside, the hardware is pretty much at par for what you pay for. Check this article for more info on that: http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyName=macintosh_os&articleId=9023959&taxonomyId=123

I chose Mac all the way. Why? Because I cannot find single thing that a PC can do that a Mac can’t. You can run any windows program using BootCamp or an Emulator (like parallels), so that is not a real issue (aside from buying the Windows OS - which you probably already own anyways).

I am not saying PC’s are bad, heck, I run Windows using Parallels on my Mac, and I get the best of both worlds :) I prefer the simplicity of Mac OS X tho; so easy to use. But that is my opinion, and I have nothing against non-Mac users ;) A Personal Computer is supposed to satisfy your computer needs… if it does that, then it is perfect for you; irregardless of the OS or hardware.

so, I think people like me who have little tech knowledge should always go for PC
[/quote]

Sure Zeeshan… My Vote goes for PC… I did not use mac… even dont have any how-know about mac…