Low speed on 4mbps on ptcl dsl

I am using 4mbps packg in our city mandi bahauddin, in modem settings its being show that my downstream is 4096 and ustream is 1023. but cannot get speed more then 120KBps. i have test my speed from speedtest.net and that is also showing 125KBps max.

i complaint it to 1218. but very next day a fone call come to me from my exchange. and he said that plzz reduce your packg to 1mbps with calling 1236. bcoz our telephone exchange doesnt support more then 1mbps. and now i do it. can anybody tell the cause of it.

how can i get 4mbps.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am using 4mbps packg in our city mandi bahauddin, in modem settings its being show that my downstream is 4096 and ustream is 1023. but cannot get speed more then 120KBps. i have test my speed from speedtest.net and that is also showing 125KBps max.

i complaint it to 1218. but very next day a fone call come to me from my exchange. and he said that plzz reduce your packg to 1mbps with calling 1236. bcoz our telephone exchange doesnt support more then 1mbps. and now i do it. can anybody tell the cause of it.

how can i get 4mbps.

[/quote]

post yr router statistics then i can tell u

Modem Status

Modem Status

Connection Status Connected

Us Rate (Kbps) 715

Ds Rate (Kbps) 4093

US Margin 9

DS Margin 14

Trained Modulation ADSL_2plus

LOS Errors 0

DS Line Attenuation 33

US Line Attenuation 15

Peak Cell Rate 1686 cells per sec

CRC Rx Fast 0

CRC Tx Fast 0

CRC Rx Interleaved 104

CRC Tx Interleaved 67

Path Mode Interleaved

DSL Statistics

Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0

Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

Your line noise margin is bad which is causing connectivity issues.Line attenuation is nice.Changing line pair will solve your issue.No need to downgrade to 1 Mbps.Ptcl CSR has no idea about your problem.

Now i have changed my pairs from DP. but the problem is same, here is my updated status of modem

Modem Status

Modem Status

Connection Status Connected

Us Rate (Kbps) 861

Ds Rate (Kbps) 4093

US Margin 12

DS Margin 13

Trained Modulation ADSL_2plus

LOS Errors 0

DS Line Attenuation 31

US Line Attenuation 14

Peak Cell Rate 2030 cells per sec

CRC Rx Fast 0

CRC Tx Fast 0

CRC Rx Interleaved 1

CRC Tx Interleaved 5

Path Mode Interleaved

DSL Statistics

Near End F4 Loop Back Count 0

Near End F5 Loop Back Count 0

Bro the problem is not with your line as SNR margins are quite OK. And the sync rate u r getting is of 4MB so what u need to do is to go to your exchange and meet DSL manager or DSL technician and tell him that you are subscribed to 4MB and modem is also showing 4MB but you are getting 1mb speed. Also tell him your SNR margin. Basically PTCL is controlling it's bandwidth with 2 methods. Firstly the port which provides you with the SYNC rate which is perfect in your case. Other control is by software which limits the speed on user name and password. This control is not from exchange so u need to contact your DSL manager so that he will ask their head office to increase the speed on your account.

^^^yeah thts exactly wats going to happen...and one thing more....to be on safe SNR margins change your modulation to G.DMT