Love shopping online

@Um3r: the above 2/3 posts were for people who wants to get the credit card charged at a physical store not online store. A real online store has to offer credit card, other then that they cant sell, so the all the charges are included in the price. And yes you are right online stores has to pay more charges then just credit card charges, but it is adjusted in the price because they dont have any other overhead required to run a physical store. So, to cut things short, the charges are either included in the price or are charged to the client, no business in world would pay it from pocket off course.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^ :)

Put cash + credit card on the payment counter and 99.99999999% merchants will pick up cash. Is there any disagreement on this point ? We as a nation, like to hide our sales/incomes and thus prefer cash over documented sales.

When I will shop from you, I will use credit card and you will not charge me extra 1.5-2.75% amount :P

[/quote]

Nice to see you smiling dear. Keep smiling, its an art. :)

100% agreed with half of your statement.

Petrol pumps, big stores e.g. Agha Super market etc would prefer to take credit cards to avoid cash handling. Yes, 99.999999% of small business ventures would take cash, but not for the reason you assumed. There are so many other reasons to pick cash over credit card.

Some could be like:

1. They will get the payment after 2/3 days. If they dont have bank account in same bank, then there will be a cheque clearing delay as well.

2. Most would pick cash to avoid the arguments over credit card charges they will have to do after finalizing the deal.

3. Then, If a credit card is charged, the merchant is required to keep the record for at lease 12 months. Its a pain indeed, coz the slip is on thermal paper and it goes blank after some period, so merchant has to make a photo copy of it for a more permanent record.

4. Further, bank may withhold the payment as well, there can be several reasons for that. One of my big payment was held for 6 months, nearing about 200,000/-, we had to do a complete follow-up, meetings etc etc and etc to get the payment back, which we got eventually. If you are interested to know the reasons, I can definitely post here.

5. Payment thru credit card goes into bank, if you need to withdraw cash, you pay charges to withdraw over 25000/- per day.

With Cash - You get the payment right away.

Now, be in merchants shoes, what you will pick, cash or credit card. :)

There are so many better ways to hide your sales/income. We all know that.

^ :)

When I will shop from you, I will use credit card and you will not charge me extra 1.5-2.75% amount :P

[/quote]

Hahahahaa …

Your profile says you are from Islamabad, cards cannot be charged from there. If you happen to visit Karachi, just give me the reference of this post and I will not charge any extra, but rest assured it will go from your pocket not mine. :P How, i do that, is a trade secret. :P

Kidding aside, you are more then welcome to shop from us, I will be the best I can. Its a Promise to all WP members.

Lets get back to topic. which was ONLINE Shopping.

It is so disappointing to say Pakistan is not a stable nation. Off course it is stable nation and we need to work to make it more stable. We can't make it stable by sending negative material and sharing negative thoughts about Pakistan. Everything has two sides why we can't see positive side. I experienced something and it was good . You can't say everything is bad.

People make a nation stable or unstable and somehow we all are the culprits I'm sorry if it hurts but everything happening here either bad or good is just because of us.

It is so disappointing to say Pakistan is not a stable nation. Off course it is stable nation and we need to work to make it more stable.
[/quote]

Stability is one thing and honesty is other thing. We were talking about online shopping expereince.

We can’t make it stable by sending negative material and sharing negative thoughts about Pakistan.
[/quote]

By sharing negative thoughts, what do you mean ? Do you want to say that I should not have shared my (brother’s) online purchase ?

You can’t say everything is bad.
[/quote]

Who said it ? At least it wasn’t me :)

--

People make a nation stable or unstable and somehow we all are the culprits I’m sorry if it hurts but everything happening here either bad or good is just because of us.
[/quote]

Not somehow exactly we are…we are living in mid culture of east & west which is unstable us and moreover these so called politicians are not came from US & direct from sky these are from us and we elected them to make us more unstable cuz they are bad people or money make them bad

--

Put Cash + Credit Card in a shop in the USA and 100% merchants will pick up cash... Its not only convenient, but CASH IS KING...true everywhere in the world. Tax is a very very small reason.... you think If we use credit cards, we'll have to pay tax?? you forget rishwat? you think zardaris bank account is small? even his !@#$ accounts are MASSIVE yet he doesnt pay any tax

so there is no corelation between card and tax.. but you are right, people prefer cash cause in a card, the shopkeeper gets his money very late, gets charges which reduce his margin etc etc

btw, I am no shopkeeper..

--

you victimized by the xtra zardari tax

--

Online shopping is very common in pakistan. i bought my laptop and some computer accessories through internet.... Online shopping is safe but if u want online shopping then 1st see site reputation and poeples reviews

Well guys i have seen this thread and other members comments. Well whatever we have or we don't have. what we really need to raise is patience, positivity, peace and happiness. We experience several things daily some are bad some are good . Somebody says all happened because of us . We really need to change ourselves we need to beautify ourselves very thing would be seemed beautiful and we will be experiencing great things.

^ Well this positivity has led this strange thread OP to 35 posts. Quite strange.

I've bought HTC Desire from homeshopping.pk, and it didn't include a SD card that it was supposed to. I don't really feel like shopping from them again.

P.S. I've shopped online for all sorts of stuff. Never really been cheated. Galaxy is the safest bet, then shophive, vmart, beliscity etc.

If someone is dealing in expensive gadgets on a big level, it's very unlikely that they are after your money.

Buy from reputable sources and you'll be safe.

I have a wonderful experience of online purchasing through goodshop.pk Their prices and quality are best than others in market.

i also have no faith left in online shopping