Lot of Disconnections

AOA Guys!

For the past few weeks, I have been facing a lot of frequent disconnections. As of now, the router is turned on for past 5 hours and it has been disconnected for about 27 times. When it disconnects, the DSL light goes OFF and then after a while once DSL signal is locked again, the Internet light doesn't come back ON most of the time for 5 minutes to many hours. Is this the problem on PTCL end (i.e. port at the DSLAM) or on my side with my wiring? I complained about this situation to 1218, but to no use!

Here are the ADSL stats:

16m5e9s.jpg

Particularly note the low "Upstream Line Rate" of 381, as it used to be 1024 at good times...

Dear MR. HyperSpeed

First check if your phone line has a proper way which is POLE >>>>> ADSL SPLITTER >>>> PHONE >>>> DSL MODEM

check if it matches and then change the wire by asking the line men of PTCL seems like the noise margin is a bit low you got..

thirdly change the ADSL modulation to G.DMT and uncheck the Automatic DNS ASSIGN to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

This may help you out..

Regards

bad formatting.

Edited and removed.

Quick answer - follow what ^ said :)

Tried changing the DNS to the one you mentioned, but disconnections are still there. P. S. with the name noise margin of around 15, it used to work with no disconnections at all for the past 3-4 months, but only recently has the problem started occurring. The phone line's way is also proper, as you mentioned. How can I change the DSL Modulation to G-DMT? There is no option for it in the router page. My modem model is ZTE ZXDSL831CII.

Type http://192.168.1.1/ in explorer. Type admin as user name and password. Click advanced, click on WAN, then click on ADSL. Select only G.dmt and apply. You are done.

[quote=“HyperSpeed, post:4, topic:16138”]

Tried changing the DNS to the one you mentioned, but disconnections are still there. P. S. with the name noise margin of around 15, it used to work with no disconnections at all for the past 3-4 months, but only recently has the problem started occurring. The phone line’s way is also proper, as you mentioned. How can I change the DSL Modulation to G-DMT? There is no option for it in the router page. My modem model is ZTE ZXDSL831CII.

[/quote]

I had the same problem. Which city are you from? I’m from Karachi and have the same modem (ZXDSL 831CII).

It seems, my line was perfect. But I started having disconnection issued (Sometimes 27 reconnections in under 8 hours!)…And then last week, it has been running stable since more than 140 hours…So I guess it’s a backend issue…