Looking for a team to develop a Facebook alternative

Guyz i'm here to talk with you people and ask everyone here to start some team work and make a website which can attract our own community and compete with facebook. No MillatFacebook and no PakFacebook, We need a genuinely build our own website. Totally targeted to our own community.

I need serious replies. Thanks. Looking forward to you guyz.

I personally thing that you cann't beat facebook. It is already used worldwide and the most popular site. The best thing will be to come up with a better idea and innovation in community websites.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Guyz i’m here to talk with you people and ask everyone here to start some team work and make a website which can attract our own community and compete with facebook. No MillatFacebook and no PakFacebook, We need a genuinely build our own website. Totally targeted to our own community.

I need serious replies. Thanks. Looking forward to you guyz.

[/quote]

Dude … There’s no way I am gonna entrust my ppl with my personal stuff… period.

just forget about the idea I say.

I certainly appreciate your intent and determination.

i think it would be better if you bring with an new idea or like an open source project,why don't you make a team and start an open source project. like business management/accounting system/school management system.

Here is a simple way to create a facebook like website all by yourself. It wouldn't be as good as facebook but can be quite close.

1. Install "Wordpress" on your server

2. After activating Wordpress install a plugin named "Mingle". You may search for it in the wordpress plugin directory

3. Now you know that facebook apps are very popular so you may install some games on your site. I recommend using a plugin called MyArcadeBlog

4. Voila! You have got a social network site in about half an hour. If you do a little further research you can greatly increase the functionality of your site.

There are a few free social networking php scripts that you can try. Boonex dolphin is one that I have heard about.

http://www.boonex.com/dolphin/

I think the OP has asked about something genuine not these scripts!

Another #$%# like Facebook you planning? Please don't be so cruel.

I am fed up with such regular invitations of "Be Social".

no matter what you do, people wont stop using facebook. However i am ready for the RnD

I've got an idea; Why don't we go with another social website (not like Facebook, another template)??? If you are ready, I'm 16 years old, even then I'll surely be part of your team.

Don't compete with Facebook as it has already got a *BIG Webmasters*.

I'm not competing cricinfo, even my website is very much similar to it.

If you are confident then go for it bro :-)