Look at WARID! Issuing post paid number on my name to unknown people

I got a call from an unknown person from another city that they have a franchise and that they have the same number I have with 0321 prefix and they would give it to me for 500 rs with 500 credit. To cut a long story short I did't send him my id card or claim the sim.. After a few weeks warid people called me enquiring about the sim which has been issued and may be asking for conformation or what. I told them to block the number imediately,and I DO NOT own the number.

Then a 2 year jump.. I am porting out to UFone.. And My reuqest is on hold till the 4th of this month. A few days back the helpline people told me there is a "related" number with outstanding dues.. It turned out Warid,without proper verification or "consent" for that sake have issued a "post paid" number with a "security waiver" on my name.. Since the port out is due on 4th and I am really sick and tired of people giving me missed calls at the middle of night(they apologize when I call back in the morning),I want to use Ufone's call block facility badly. And after the advice that the fraud enquiry thing would take quite some time and lamba procedure and it would be wise on my part to clear the dues (Rs.348)and forget the whole thing if I want to port out NOW..

To be honest they were very cooperative and candid. My cousin has the same problem,only the number was not the same number with 0322 code but a totally different number altogether. He registered a fraud complain but did't follow it. Now what the hell is this really..

I did clear the dues and ask them to convert the number on prepaid for which I paid another 100 rs.. Kher ..the point is..How hopeless is warid ..issuing a post paid number with a "security waiver" without an id card (in all probability) and billing address verification ..And despite the fact that I asked them to block the number as I never bought it,they blocked it as "stolen"...

It isn't a Warid specific issue, happens with all of the operators in some franchises and under some circumstances. But why did you clear someone else's dues?

Warid might be trying to rip you off by settling the matter under the table. You should have immediately contacted PTA to elevate the issue instead of paying them an extra penny. You did the latter which just encourages them to newer heights of ripping off customers.

On that note, is anyone familiar with section 236 of the Income Tax ordinance 2001 and applicability of any clauses for having no job or income but still being charged "advanced income tax" on a post paid connection from Ufone? I am sick of this and today I got a receipt for over Rs.500 being paid in income tax for the previous year to the government treasury.

That means that indirectly, I just gave Rs.50 to Zardari. :( :mad:

^ I don't know if its related or not, but on my Warid E-Bill, I get something like "Warid Telecome is exempted from deduction of tax at source under section 153(1) of the Income Tax Ordinance 2001. Copy of Exemption certificate can be found at waridtel.com" .

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Section 236 of the Income Tax Ordinance, 2001 provides that in the case of users of pre-paid telephone cards and subscribers of mobile telephones, withholding tax @ 10% of the amount of bill or sales price of pre-paid telephone card shall be collected.

In the case of mobile phone, withholding tax shall now be leviable @ 10% of the amount of the bill.

[/quote]

http://www.fbr.gov.pk/newdt/circulars/2002cir8.htm

http://www.paktax.com.pk/itord_2001.htm

http://unpan1.un.org/intradoc/groups/public/documents/apcity/unpan005032.pdf

http://www.accountancy.com.pk/docs/Income_Tax_Ordinance_2001.pdf

http://www.fbr.gov.pk/newdt/ITordinance/ITOrdinance2008/ITOrdnance2008.pdf

Warid might be trying to rip you off by settling the matter under the table. You should have immediately contacted PTA to elevate the issue instead of paying them an extra penny. You did the latter which just encourages them to newer heights of ripping off customers.

On that note, is anyone familiar with section 236 of the Income Tax ordinance 2001 and applicability of any clauses for having no job or income but still being charged “advanced income tax” on a post paid connection from Ufone? I am sick of this and today I got a receipt for over Rs.500 being paid in income tax for the previous year to the government treasury.

[/quote]

The thing is,I know I did a wrong thing. But I paid the price for peace of mind. My number is on cable …And the advertisment board…All the clients and potential clients have the number… And they are reasonable people,they don’t call me in the middle of night. I am sick an tired of the missed calls, lets just say I was vulnerable… I just need the Ufone call blocking service…

They way I see it…I payed for peace of mind…! Although I should have complained with PTA…Next time iif there is one… I would definately take the matter as far as I can…

Now… I just want to port out ASAP…!!!

It isn’t a Warid specific issue, happens with all of the operators in some franchises and under some circumstances. But why did you clear someone else’s dues?
[/quote]

I need to port out ASAP…I can not change my number…And some unknown people are giving me 5-6 missed calls every night…

With Ufone I can easily block any number after one missed call…

I have seen one other case…As far post paid is concerned… And that was a warid number too… Franchise pay normally naheen hota…

OR

get a cellphone with call blocking feature either a symbian phone with thirdparty softwares or a sonyerricson phone with call blocking patch

On that note, is anyone familiar with section 236 of the Income Tax ordinance 2001 and applicability of any clauses for having no job or income but still being charged “advanced income tax” on a post paid connection from Ufone? I am sick of this and today I got a receipt for over Rs.500 being paid in income tax for the previous year to the government treasury.

[/quote]

It is Central exise duty or you can say Withholding tax or Advance income tax is all the same and it is being charged by every teleco in this country. For prepay its the amount which normally deducts at loading of scratch card or easy load which is 10% and it reamained the same for prepay and postpay

i think cell phone companies pay the most taxes to the govt..also ufone has a certain edge regarding tax payment due to it having links with govt/ptcl etc

I also have suffered with warid. I had a warid postpaid number, i ported out to telenor prepaid in febuary. and i claimed for the security deposit from warid. they said is u have any other postpaid number , we will trasfer this money to that number and adjust its bill , as i had no other post paid connection in my family , i asked them to give me cash back . they said that ok this is a procedure of 40 working days. i said ok and waited for 5 months, coz i was out of pakistan . Last week i went to their business center again and asked for that security , the customer representative said that we r sorry , ur request cannot be processed due to an ISSUE , i asked what the issue was , they didnt tell me, she said there r two options , one that either i should wait again for 40 working days or adjust it to another postpaid number.

I have forgot that money right now. Ma aur zaleel nahi ho sakta apni security deposti k liye. This is what warid is doing .

@coolbouy

Why not you file complain to PTA, I know it is not easy to let PTA do some action but atleast you did what you have to. You must give WARID and PTA about your issue, if any wrong thing done on that number which issued on ur name than you will be in problem.

@coolbouy

Why not you file complain to PTA, I know it is not easy to let PTA do some action but atleast you did what you have to. You must give WARID and PTA about your issue, if any wrong thing done on that number which issued on ur name than you will be in problem.

[/quote]

u know dear , i have been behind these people for 8 months , i cant visit their office any more , and u knwo , i am really pissed off with this case , so i have decided that i will never buy a postpaid connection again.

why not you just file online comlain at http://www.pta.gov.pk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=275&Itemid=202 with your complete particluars of case, so, it would be treated as some one atleast filled complain with complete particlars and it would be easy for PTA authority to dig in it.

thanks for the link