Logitech made one billionth mouse

The world famous computer peripherals manufacturer Logitech of Silicon Valley made one billionth mouse.

It was shipped in November. There is incentive from Logitech, a global competition, that who ever find that mouse will win US $1000 worth of Logitech products. Logitech will release hints about it's whereabouts in company's blog.

In the same note, computer mouse is 40 years old. And few months back Bill Gates predicted the "Death of Mouse" in next 3 to 5 years (especially after the release of Windows 7).

However, some experts predict that computer mouse technology may survive in future, even after wide-spread of touch-pads in laptop and touch-screens of IPhone and desktops.

What do you people think about computer mouse technology? And especially about one billionth mouse with US $1000 prize :)

Full Story at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7751627.stm

i think if ones uses touch screen technology he gets tired a lot quicker as compared to mouse especially when screen is big, but i haven't used one myself

has anyone tried playing playing CS with a touch screen?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i think if ones uses touch screen technology he gets tired a lot quicker as compared to mouse especially when screen is big, but i haven’t used one myself
[/quote]

Biggest drawback of touchscreen with desktops or laptops is known as “Gorilla arm”. I won’t use it more than a minute.

One “mickey” mouse for me, please. :)

I think a "touch keyboard" would be more interesting (and practical)...

man mice will never die... atleast gamers are not gonna give up mice.. fps games are based on mice and no way mice can die out just like that... i ain't gonna give away my deathadder that easy:P