Login cookie expires, doesn't stay logged in to the forums

To Ko

This forum is a very useful place for insight into the pakistani tech world. Its a great place to find information on the ISP's in the country and all that lovely stuff. The problem I have with the forum is that the cookie doesnt last long enough :( I visit about once a day and each time im forced to log back in.

Kindly please extend the life of the cookies so that we dont have to keep relogging in :D Thanks alot.

P.S I dont see a remember me box if it exists.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

To Ko

This forum is a very useful place for insight into the pakistani tech world. Its a great place to find information on the ISP’s in the country and all that lovely stuff. The problem I have with the forum is that the cookie doesnt last long enough :( I visit about once a day and each time im forced to log back in.

Kindly please extend the life of the cookies so that we dont have to keep relogging in :D Thanks alot.

[/quote]

since i registered till today i have not logged in more than once so i think the cookie length is fine

since i registered till today i have not logged in more than once so i think the cookie length is fine
[/quote]

Same here, its been more than a month since i installed this windows on my system, I dont think i’ve ever been asked to login again… Skrinner, the problem is in your settings, make sure your browser accepts cookies.

Maybe a browser issue?

Try visiting http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums each time. (url with www.)

I haven't had to log in in forever.. browser issue ?

Browser or firewall issue

may be u r clearing history or deleting cookies every time.

check ur browser settings

I too don't have to login again n again, everything is fine over here. Scrinner problem is at your end try using a different browser.

if you using ccleaner add wiredpk's cookie to the exclusion list

i prefer to log in and logout everytime coz i don't like missing any post which you can sometimes if u keep logged in

if you using ccleaner exclude wiredpk’s cookie to the exclusion list
[/quote]

May be firewall blocking some cookies or cleaning periodically.

You're probably not entering the www. before the address because when i type the address without the www. i Have to login again.. But if i visit with the www. it works fine and i am logged in.

You’re probably not entering the www. before the address because when i type the address without the www. i Have to login again… But if i visit with the www. it works fine and i am logged in.
[/quote]

coz the web browser recognizes both as diff sites

nop never had this problem

try chkin ur browser ( as every one else in this thread suggested )

To Ko

This forum is a very useful place for insight into the pakistani tech world. Its a great place to find information on the ISP’s in the country and all that lovely stuff. The problem I have with the forum is that the cookie doesnt last long enough :( I visit about once a day and each time im forced to log back in.

[/quote]

There is a remember me box. The cookie does work, I never have to login.

There is a issue with the forum software, where if you login at www.wp and than visit the site without typing in the www’s the site can’t find the cookie and u have to relogin. This has been fixed in the latest version, but it will be released on june 1st, so the cookie issue should be fixed for good than.

coz the web browser recognizes both as diff sites
[/quote]

Yes, though generally the website figures it out, as you can test on just about any mainstream site.

yep it is a browser problem mainly in firefox i too have this probelm, the browser remember my name and password but doesnot log me in automatically and it happens with all the sites i have checked all the settings but all are fine dont know what is the problem. so reinstalling the browser might help.

Ah its probably the www problem. I'm one of those lazy guys that dont type in WWW. Ill give it another try.

And no its not CCleaner or my browser else id be signed out of everywhere. Ill check it with WWW

Could a change in ip at user's end cause this issue?

Could a change in ip at user’s end cause this issue?
[/quote]

no cookies were made for this exact reason they have no depency on ip address