Location of fuse box in SUZUKI MEHRAN!

Can anybody please tell me about the place where the fuse box is situated in suzuki mehran. A snap shot will be highly appreciated. Its mehran 2010

Try PakWheels for vehicle related questions. Lots of well informed vehicle owners there.

As far as I remember it is below the steering wheel, its behind the lever which you pull to open the bonnet. IT will be covered by a cover with text written on it. Explaining the fuse details.

This I am talking about is in the old Mehran, not certain if they have the same set up in the 2010 ones.

As Zazzyo told it should be at the extreme right side i.e under the bonnet lever. There would be different fuse there of different amps. But you can use 30amp fuse for all :)

^ditto

If not tempered :) as i have hanging fuse,

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

There would be different fuse there of different amps. But you can use 30amp fuse for all :)
[/quote]

There is a reason why different rating fuse is used in differnt electrical circuits of your car. Repalcing a 7.5A fuse with a 30A fuse, you are almost bypassing the fuse at all.

Fire accidents happen once in a blue moon, God forbid but would anyone like to get his car burnt up by fire just becasue he had used 30A fuse in place of a smaller fuse which did not do its job when it wasa required.

Fuse is not there just to operate something in car, it is there to protect.

There is a reason why different rating fuse is used in differnt electrical circuits of your car. Repalcing a 7.5A fuse with a 30A fuse, you are almost bypassing the fuse at all.

Fire accidents happen once in a blue moon, God forbid but would anyone like to get his car burnt up by fire just becasue he had used 30A fuse in place of a smaller fuse which did not do its job when it wasa required.

[/quote]

x2.

it is there to protect.
[/quote]

this made me smile, me and my friends were having just casual talk about cars yesterday, one friend of mine told me in USA any car manufactured starting 1992 can not come on American roads without driver and front passenger side airbags. irrespective of its the cheapest car or most expensive car. every new model introduced in USA needs to go through government own crash test.

now here we are in pakistan in 2011 selling pakistani made cars as high as 20 lakh rupees and brochures proudly talks about leather interiors and and sunroofs and there is no mention of as basic safety features as airbags. not even single car has been inspected in terms of crash test by pakistani government.

this made me smile, me and my friends were having just casual talk about cars yesterday, one friend of mine told me in USA any car manufactured starting 1992 can not come on American roads without driver and front passenger side airbags. irrespective of its the cheapest car or most expensive car. every new model introduced in USA needs to go through government own crash test.

now here we are in pakistan in 2011 selling pakistani made cars as high as 20 lakh rupees and brochures proudly talks about leather interiors and and sunroofs and there is no mention of as basic safety features as airbags. not even single car has been inspected in terms of crash test by pakistani government.

[/quote]

Crash tests apart, our cars come even without seat belts… may be car manufacturers think seat belt is a Luxury :)

I strongly believe that a Seat Belt saves you only once, you usually don’t get a second chance to again survive using a seat belt. Thus I always use seat belt.

Actually these are the jobs of our so called parliament - to make laws and get them implemented. They have too much pain for us in election days, but …

[/quote]

Tell this to you local mechanic, they follow the rule “جیڑا ہتھ آیا”

Tell this to you local mechanic, they follow the rule “جیڑا ہتھ آیا”
[/quote]

Instead of putting the matter to mechanics, first tell me if you agree yourself with what I have explained ?

But normally in Pakistan you don’t change fuse yourself so all depends on mechanics. :)
[/quote]

you said mechanic, so you are calling 10 years old kid called “chohta” a mechanic? ustad never does such minor things as change fuse, and do you think that 10 years old kid know what ampere stands for.

I do agree a little but can’t argue as i don’t know much about these things.
[/quote]

If you know little, then please don’t advise others on such issues. Have you ever seen me discussing or suggesting solutions in PHP, JAVA, FLUX BB ?

There is a famous saying “Neem Hakeem - Khatraa-e-Jaan” :)

^

Ijaz Ahmed = 10 points

MZC = Zero points

But normally in Pakistan you don’t change fuse yourself so all depends on mechanics. :)
[/quote]

OP seems car user/owner, not a mechanic and he is asking for fuse box location.

Please remember whenever there is some fuse blown, it is a clear symptom that some thing wrong had happened and needs proper diagnosis.

BTW: All this is to educate people, not to let down any one.

If you know little, then please don’t advise others on such issues. Have you ever seen me discussing or suggesting solutions in PHP, JAVA, FLUX BB ?

[/quote]

You are talking what’s written in the book, and i am talking about what’s normal practice. I hope OP got his answer - Though you didn’t answered his question rather started a pointless discussion to show your own expertise. :P

[/quote]

WIN! :D

LMAO @ the posts above :D

You are talking what’s written in the book, and i am talking about what’s normal practice. I hope OP got his answer - Though you didn’t answered his question rather started a pointless discussion to show your own expertise. :P
[/quote]

Do you think books are written by fools ?

I did not blame you for wrong practices - just mentioned the possible consequences of wrong practices.

Yes, I did not know the answer which OP was seeking but what help did you offer with a wrong and misleading suggestion ?

Pointless discussion ??? I did not jump into this thread unless you mis-guided the OP (and may be many others)

I have much more expertise than just fuses - and I have no time and any desire to express my expertise to those who are not willing to learn.