LINKdotNET Free DialUp Service..!

Dear Valued Customer,

LINKdotNET feels immense pleasure to offer ABSOLUTELY FREE Dial-up Internet for all.

Now, you can experience the premium Dial-up service without any fee or hidden charges. This service is being offered for the benefit of all Internet users. Whether you are a Dial-up Internet user or a Broadband subscriber, you can use WOL Dial-up Internet without any charges and hassle whenever and wherever you want.

By following three simple steps, you can use the service right away:

1. Click on Internet dial-up icon on your desktop.

2. For username and password, type: wol

3. Dial 13131313 and get connected.

Special Features:

• You can download WOL Super Speed (http://mylink.net.pk/Services/SuperSpeed.aspx) to get 5 TIMES FASTER Internet service and enjoy the blazing speed.

• You can subscribe to HELLO (a community service by LINKdotNET) where you can make lots of new friends, play games and send instant messages... Register (http://hello.mylink.net.pk) now to be a part of Hello community.

So Dial-in now and enjoy your FREE WOL connection to Internet independence!

For Dial-up configuration or any other assistance, kindly feel free to contact at our 24 hrs. helpline 111 600 111 or www.link.net.pk

LINKdotNET always looks forward to providing you with the best services and maximum convenience.

Regards,

Customer Care Services

LINKdotNET

An Orascom Telecom Company

NOTE: he users will only be charged local call tariffs for 20-minutes pulse by PTCL revenue for which shall be shared between PTCL and ISPs. It is expected that internet will now proliferate to every nook and corner of the country as internet users can be able to avail free internet services of any ISP of their choice without the hassle of buying prepaid cards.

good...

lets c how is the speed of this free service

thanks for info

gud work ldn...is this service absolutely free...ptcl is offering free dialup frm 10pm to 7am and 100 free hours for the rest of time per month....is wol free for 24/7??

LDN is the only ISP who's giving tough time to PTCL.Good JOB!

^it's not the LDN.

LDN might be the first hand shaker with PTCL in this initiative.

as DJNOMI said, revenue is shared by both. the ISP and the PTCL.

and this way I think both will get more profit then ever before as well as less hassle to customers.

edit:

@DJNOMI

Is there any news about the figures of revenue share between the ISP and PTCL. e.g. what percentage to both?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^it’s not the LDN.

LDN might be the first hand shaker with PTCL in this initiative.

as DJNOMI said, revenue is shared by both. the ISP and the PTCL.

and this way I think both will get more profit then ever before as well as less hassle to customers.

edit:

@DJNOMI

Is there any news about the figures of revenue share between the ISP and PTCL. e.g. what percentage to both?

[/quote]

well dont know exactly what ratio it will be either its fixed or what , but in my opinion as much as user connect to any particular ISP using their dial up like LINKdotNET formerly known as WOL have 13131313-14-15, if more people use this number then more user , more share LDN going to get , mean share will be divided on number of user connected to particular ISP :0

FINALLY!!! Well done!

I wonder if PTCL will retain their free internet plan thingi now... or maybe this is in conjunction with this... who knows.

djnomi u didnt respond to my query??????

gud work ldn…is this service absolutely free…ptcl is offering free dialup frm 10pm to 7am and 100 free hours for the rest of time per month…is wol free for 24/7??
[/quote]

yup its totally free.

more details

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4187

Great service! Now I don't need to get WOL scratch cards when my DSL is down. :)

There is nothing free FREE in capitalism. Or as Americans say "There is no free lunch".

It's capitalism. They are not donating. They are not running not-for-profit origination. LDN and PTCL, both are for-profit origination.

This dial-up offer appears free to fool simple Pakistani people. I am sure lots and lots of Pakistani people will go for this.

But it's not an evil scheme. It's good and benefits both customers and corporates. Now people don't have to buy internet card or pay another bill for internet.

I'll tell you later, but first, let's see, why I said that it's not free.

=== Some Years Back ===

Some years back, when someone uses Pre-Paid internet, he/she would pay like that:

(one local call to ISP) + (*Rs. 10 for internet card) = 1 to 4 hours of internet.
  • Average card rate.

Rs. 2.01 + Rs. 10 = 1 to 4 hours of internet.

Local PTCL call used to be Rs. 2.01 without taxes.

On an average, a user might pay Rs. 5 to Rs. 10 (with taxes) an hour for dialup internet usage (that includes PTCL local call).

=== Now with LDN “Free” Dailup Internet ===

PTCL has already changed pulse rates for local call (since last year). For local call, it is reduce from 5 to 3 minutes. For internet call (131 number), from one-unlimited-call to 20 minutes.

Now with LDN “Free” Dialup package:

(3 local calls to 13131313 number) + FREE LDN Package = 1 hour internet

3 x 2.01 + 0 = 1 hour internet

6.03 = 1 hour internet

I am not sure but after taxes the PTCL local call is about Rs. 2.5 (please correct me here, if I am wrong).

Therefore, with taxes (using LDN “FREE” Dialup package), you actually pay:

3 x 2.5 = Rs. 7.5/hour

Rs. 7.5 per hour (including taxes)

Now, how on earth this Rs. 7.5/hour (including taxes) is free?

Moral of story: You are still paying Rs. 7.5/hour for dialup internet but this time you are happy with false promise that it is FREE. However, after a month, you'll be amazed to see increase in PTCL bill. Because both LDN and PTCL are still earning from this "FREE" package.

What do you guys think? Free or clever trick by PTCL and LDN?

^ good job wampyr.

I already said that.

this way I think both(ISPs and PTCL) will get more profit then ever before.
[/quote]

There is nothing free FREE in capitalism. Or as Americans say “There is no free lunch”.

It’s capitalism. They are not donating. They are not running not-for-profit origination. LDN and PTCL, both are for-profit origination.

This dial-up offer appears free to fool simple Pakistani people. I am sure lots and lots of Pakistani people will go for this.

But it’s not an evil scheme. It’s good and benefits both customers and corporates. Now people don’t have to buy internet card or pay another bill for internet.

I’ll tell you later, but first, let’s see, why I said that it’s not free.

=== Some Years Back ===

Some years back, when someone uses Pre-Paid internet, he/she would pay like that:

(one local call to ISP) + (*Rs. 10 for internet card) = 1 to 4 hours of internet.
  • Average card rate.

On an average, a user might pay Rs. 5 to Rs. 10 (with taxes) an hour for dialup internet usage (that includes PTCL local call).

PTCL has already changed pulse rates for local call (since last year). For local call, it is reduce from 5 to 3 minutes. For internet call (131 number), from one-unlimited-call to 20 minutes.

6.03 = 1 hour internet

I am not sure but after taxes the PTCL local call is about Rs. 2.5 (please correct me here, if I am wrong).

3 x 2.5 = Rs. 7.5/hour

Moral of story: You are still paying Rs. 7.5/hour for dialup internet but this time you are happy with false promise that it is FREE. However, after a month, you'll be amazed to see increase in PTCL bill. Because both LDN and PTCL are still earning from this "FREE" package.

[/quote]

Good Job.

but obviously when you are doing business nothing they are going to offer you for free :) .. and as a business student .... i dont have to say enough but yes these are marketing tacts :) which not Only LDN or PTCL doing all companies do all over the world.

but i just can say at least its a good step for those who use dialup just for emergency or as a backup :)

There is nothing free FREE in capitalism. Or as Americans say “There is no free lunch”.

It’s capitalism. They are not donating. They are not running not-for-profit origination. LDN and PTCL, both are for-profit origination.

But it’s not an evil scheme. It’s good and benefits both customers and corporates. Now people don’t have to buy internet card or pay another bill for internet.

I’ll tell you later, but first, let’s see, why I said that it’s not free.

=== Some Years Back ===

• Average card rate.

6.03 = 1 hour internet

3 x 2.5 = Rs. 7.5/hour

[/quote]

very gud that 20mins bullshit is damn bakwas...otherwise it wud hav been a great deal

@DJNOMI

agreed! this is a business, and every businessman wants to get more profit from his business.

and so this is also good for user. "PAY only for what you USE". urgency thing is also good for customers. when ever you want, get connected.

Then don't call it free,we are already messed up.

is that 20 minute pulse only for ldn dial up or other dial ups too

i use dancom dial up

which is also bought by ldn but i dial the dancoms number not ldn's

^i m curious to knw the same as well...wat abt ptcl dialup..did ptcl implemented this 20min call system for their dialup??

^i m curious to knw the same as well…wat abt ptcl dialup…did ptcl implemented this 20min call system for their dialup??
[/quote]

AFAIK, yes. This was a part of the revenue sharing agreement if I remember correctly.

in one line " all dial up numbers normaly starts with 13****" their pulse is now 20 mints"