Link pc wid a digital satellite receiver

I ve got a technosat digital satellite receiver. I want to connect it to my pc without using a tv tuner card. I was told by a friend that i can do so by connecting both da sys by DVB cable. I couldnt find da same from pindi. Plz tel me a simple and better way of doing dis

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I ve got a technosat digital satellite receiver. I want to connect it to my pc without using a tv tuner card. I was told by a friend that i can do so by connecting both da sys by DVB cable. I couldnt find da same from pindi. Plz tel me a simple and better way of doing dis
[/quote]

You may need an RS-232 cable. Look in the manual and their website to make sure drivers are available.

The RS232 cable is only useful if you want to transfer settings, upgrade software etc. It cannot be used to watch digital satellite transmission on PC. The only way to do this is to buy a TV tuner card or a DVB PCI Card. (Which has built in digital receiver).

just buy an msi tv tuner internal card... they are very good

The only way to do this is to buy a TV tuner card or a DVB PCI Card. (Which has built in digital receiver).
[/quote]

Where can i get dA DVB-PCI card, how much it cost. Coz i have searched for it n pindi mrkt. Which is da better option performnc wise. Do u have personal experience of utilizing dese options. Coz i have used TV tuner card, its result is pathetic

Where can i get dA DVB-PCI card, how much it cost. Coz i have searched for it n pindi mrkt. Which is da better option performnc wise. Do u have personal experience of utilizing dese options. Coz i have used TV tuner card, its result is pathetic

[/quote]

few months ago i owned a new eternal DVB-T card KNC ONE it costs Rs4000 (http://knc1.com/gb.htm)

[/quote]

If you are planning to buy a DVB card, go for Technisat Skystar2. It has great support for plugins and its software upgrades and new plugins are easily and consistently available on the internet. Also be sure to buy the card without Common Interface support as you usually do not need it for DVB cards and it just costs more. The price in RWP will be in Rs.4000-4200 range.