Link Dot Net VOIP - SIP

After long hours of troubleshooting SIP/VOIP software I came to know that my ISP must be blocking VOIP. I called LDN to know that I have to apply for a license with PTA to get VOIP working with LDN.

That was a surprise. I just switched from PTCL and they had no blocks such as this.

Anybody knows a solution?

my VOIP device pap2t working fine with ldn , all voip ports are open

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

After long hours of troubleshooting SIP/VOIP software I came to know that my ISP must be blocking VOIP. I called LDN to know that I have to apply for a license with PTA to get VOIP working with LDN.

That was a surprise. I just switched from PTCL and they had no blocks such as this.

Anybody knows a solution?

[/quote]

Which software are you trying to use?

I am using Phoner Lite or Eyebeam from Counterpath. These are for SIP standard. IF voip is working for some then why LDN was saying VOIP is blocked?

@Hammad which VOIP provider are you using with your hardware?

Thanks

VOIP isn't being blocked by the ISPs as such, it's one of those gadgets installed by the PTA to prevent VOIP connections (by the name of Naurus... if I understood correct).

Head over to the Telecom Grid Pakistan group on Google Groups - there's loads on that group.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

VOIP isn’t being blocked by the ISPs as such, it’s one of those gadgets installed by the PTA to prevent VOIP connections (by the name of Naurus… if I understood correct).

Head over to the Telecom Grid Pakistan group on Google Groups - there’s loads on that group.

[/quote]

As I stated in in my OP that on PTCL the SIP phone worked fine. The problem started when I switched to LDN. Unless PTCL has some kinda arrangement with PTA I can only say that the problem lies with LDN.

Anyways thanks for the group link.

Well - what I did forget to write is "of course, I could be wrong, since I'm no expert". But no problem :) It's just that from what I read, those involved in voice chatting tend to have that specific IP address blocked for a while (the solution is to get another IP address).

But anyway - there's tons more on that link. :)

I don't think the problem is with LDN because I have read somewhere that PTA does not allow ISPs to give out VOIP services without going through policy and procedure first...it is kinda illegal to use VOIP services without taking the concerned authority in loop first. Many get away with using them without alarming either the ISP or PTA, but there is risk involved...