LG G2 Camera Problem

Dear WP fellows,

My LG G2 is unable to focus when taking pictures, therefore resulting pictures are blurred.

Camera Software does show auto focusing (gives green signal when done) but images remain blurry. Manual focusing also have no effects. It was working perfectly till yesterday night. No new applications has been installed, No damage/ accidental drop etc.

What I have tried so far;

Camera default settings reset

different shooting modes

Different Camera applications

Hard Reset

But problem remains, I want a second opinion before taking this phone for hardware repair.

when u do auto focus the lens moves in and out my friend had the same problem with iphone 6 plus now he needs to change the camera or may be some oiling in camera mechanical movement :P

try below

How to Fix an Out of Focus iPhone Camera : Tech Yeah!
http://playit.pk/watch?v=jFFu4C9ezqk

Clean the lense using glint squirted on a piece of cloth, never directly..

Any update buddy? I think I'm going to purchase a G2 for myself soon. I've had the device in my hands many times but I've never actually owned one, so am not aware of it's long-term usage issues. The camera issue seems like a faulty unit to me, as I've never heard any G2 owner make that claim before. Anyways, let me know how you dealt with the issue. :)

Was waiting for a miracle, that didn't happen. Its a hardware issue that appeared suddenly. Repair is planned in next week, will update surely.

[quote="Upsilon, post:4, topic:22038"]

I've never heard any G2 owner make that claim before.

[/quote]

Correct, didn't find anything on google

[quote="Upsilon, post:4, topic:22038"]

I think I'm going to purchase a G2 for myself soon.

[/quote]

Its slim design/ performance/ battery/ screen all good.

Didn't like its physical buttons on back. Speaker is little quieter. Comparing its camera with Samsung S3, I was disappointed with LG G2 result.

^ Your unit must have many faults..Read below and get them all fixed...

Buying Guide for LG G2 and G3..

i have 2x G2, and 1x G3 (mine) in my own home, and gifting one more G2 to a family member this week.... bought it just yesterday..Anyone who has used Knock On/OFF once, has shifted to lg, within 2 min of use, ditching their Grand 2, and iphones 5S.. :)

G2 has extremely superior build quality and a very long durable fixed battery of 3000mAH , great for android. lasts 2 days with average use and all time wifi on..3g 4g experiences may vary.

G2 speaker and call volumes are SOO DAMN HIGH that have to turn it down 3 points to stop the incoming voice from echoing in whole room...G3 is set exactly right by default.. its internal speaker has same bass boomy sound like HTC M8..

Still Camera is better than S3..Equal to S4, and less than all flagship phones..for casual photography, it is adequate.. flash is better than G3, as it is white instead of the dual tone than the G3... video is super smooth and stable and very accurate color capture...

G3 camera is excellent, still less than Samsung flagsips above S5.. their colors are better than all LG ... G3 has 4K recording too at LESS THAN HALF the price of Note 4.

The physical button at back are totally useless in all LG phones and best suited to the back.. with knock on, the only time EVER to use those buttons is when flashing a custom ROM.

A lot of custom roms, easily rooted before lollipop... and even the LG own stock skin is excellent, has tons of simplified shortcuts, fast smooth and stable, unlike samsung..a lot of options are as standard which require custom roms and xposed framework in other phones..

HTC still has the best interface though.

Size of the G2, is the perfect phone ever.. zero bezel, all screen is excellent for any task, movies games.. lack of true hardware buttons takes getting used to.,the only minor limitation,, still frustrating sometimes, but screen is top notch..

Never buy a G2 at 16GB, it has no sd card slot. always buy the 32GB.. price difference is inly 1-2k max..

G3 has Sd slot upto 128GB

Headphone audio is brilliant in G2, compared to G3.. G3 has overall much cleaner audio, same song from the crap samsung audio, to the supreme HTC boom sound, in the G3 sound even richer with even more new instrument sounds audible than ever before.. G3 has a much lower speaker and audio headphone output by default, which is easily solved when rooted, then the audio of G3 is on par with studio recordings.. G2 has louder volumes and excellent audio by default, even on google play music app.

Conclusion:

G3 is too large, if your hands can fit the G3, its a beast, that over heats, and has less battery life than G2... otherwise..its amazing device..has removable battery and an SD card slot..

G2 is the PEREFCT phone in its own price class and a lot above..

^ TL;DR :P

I just bought my G2 (D800) as well, it is the white 32GB at&t version. I know it's not a new phone anymore but I think I'm gonna write a streamlined review of it anyway, mainly because it's kinda popular on WiredPakistan these days. B)

Mubarik ho... :)

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:6, topic:22038”]

^ Your unit must have many faults..Read below and get them all fixed...

[/quote]

Yes my unit has faulty camera, but the comparison i was talking between LG G2 and S3 been notices on another unit which is perfectly fit.

BTW where is the FIX? Is it in your post or you are talking about a hardware repair?

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:6, topic:22038”]

Conclusion:

G3 is too large, if your hands can fit the G3, its a beast, that over heats, and has less battery life than G2... otherwise..its amazing device..has removable battery and an SD card slot..

G2 is the PEREFCT phone in its own price class and a lot above..

[/quote]

Correct.

I can safely reconfirm that the G2 has a brilliant camera. Outdoor result is amazing & indoor result is pretty decent as well.

I can also confirm that the G2 has a below average speaker, this is not just limited to my and Shafiq's unit, it's a general fact...

[quote=“Upsilon, post:7, topic:22038”]

^ TL;DR :P

I just bought my G2 (D800) as well, it is the white 32GB at&t version. I know it's not a new phone anymore but I think I'm gonna write a streamlined review of it anyway, mainly because it's kinda popular on WiredPakistan these days. B)

[/quote]

Oh Annee insaan..

upper review hi likha howa hai.. Zarorate rishta ka ishtahaar nahi.. :P

And that review is from personal use of AT&T, D802, original accessories and fake ones, and G3, along with experience with S3, S4, S5 and Note 3.....So .. Bring better than that to the table ;)

@Shafiq.

Those are hardware fixes required..

@upsilon.

both AT&T and International version have quite loud volumes on viber and call.... ringtone is above average..still sufficiently loud..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:12, topic:22038”]

upper review hi likha howa hai.. Zarorate rishta ka ishtahaar nahi.. :P

And that review is from personal use of AT&T, D802, original accessories and fake ones, and G3, along with experience with S3, S4, S5 and Note 3.....So .. Bring better than that to the table ;)

[/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's a big difference between a casual review and a professional one. :P

Burn! :lol:

^ Wadday professional.. never bought an LG phone and your review will be professional.. :P

Stick to qmobile and video games dude... thats your domain.. :)

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:14, topic:22038”]

^ Wadday professional.. never bought an LG phone and your review will be professional.. :P

[/quote]

Your ignorance coupled with your jealousy is rather amusing, although not surprising in the least, you've always been the "kid" of WiredPakistan, always going on with your childish arguments and immature way of writing.

P.S. Don't forget to apply cold water to the burnt areas. ;)

^ Lol... if that isnt the lowest level of immaturity with personal attacks, then there is no God..

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:16, topic:22038”]

^ Lol... if that isnt the lowest level of immaturity with personal attacks, then there is no God..

[/quote]

Just admit defeat already, you're not doing too well with your comebacks right now. :P

P.S. Don't mind too much, there's better things to care about. ;)

P.P.S. Don't waste too much water, we're running out of it. :lol:

i have no reason to make comebacks for you Log boy...

if you think that posting rubbish and personal comments about others on technology forums is a competition and you want to win at that at all costs, then be happy, i accept defeat..

Ary bhai log... The topic title is "LG G2 Camera Problem"

Thanks. :)

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:14, topic:22038”]

[/quote]

img_2-555_smile_lol.png