I know that no politics discussion is allowed. And it has nothing to do with tech either. However, our (at least mine) life is heavily affected with this. If mods can tolerate then I would like to discuss this show-down from non-political way, from a common man's point-of-view.
- Rawalpindi is locked downed.
- Islamabad is locked downed (haven't seen it myself).
- ARY has scrolled that telecommunication companies got written order to shut down their cellular services in Rawalpindi/Islamabad (BillaBadmash's thread for it http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=5318).
- Murree-Islamabad road is blocked.
- GT Road-Rawalpindi blocked, Murree Road, Peshawar Road, Mall, some round-abouts/roads are blocked with containers.
- Geo News is already blocked.
- Federal Minister Sheri Rehman resigned and prime minister accepted her resignation.
- Petrol/CNG station are closed for at least 3 PM of March 15, 2009.
- DCO Rawalpindi ordered local holiday for Rawalpindi. All offices and schools/colleges will be closed.
- 15,000 policemen are in Rawalpindi.
- Army and rangers are called in. (I have seen many army soldiers at many places).
- There is no way to get to hospitals in case of emergency (roads blocked with containers).
- Attock bridge is blocked. Hundreds of cars are stuck at Attock bridge and at Murree-Islamabad road blocks.
- Islamabad Airport locked down. Iraqi Prime Minister's plane landed in Karachi instead of Islamabad.
- Kashmir to Islamabad road blocked. Karrakum Road blocked (who is going to come from there? ). Jehlum Bridge blocked. Hundreds of cars stuck at Jehlum bridge.
- Motorcycles and two-wheelers are prohibited in Rawalpindi (ordered by Naib Nazim).
- (Aaj TV) Lawyers crossed Sutlej River by swimming (seriously? )
- (Royal News) Murree Road is additionally blocked at Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium too.
- (ARY One) Lahore-Rawalpindi Motorway blocked for all kind of traffic at many places.
- (ARY One) Azad-Kashmir Police blocked Muzafrabad Bridge (to Rawalpindi).
- (ARY One) Peshawar-Rawalpindi Motorway blocked for all kind of traffic at many places.
- All out-going routes from Lahore are blocked.
- Banks' ATMs will be shutdown from 4 AM today, March 15, 2009 (WTH?).
- Police raided on hotels, hostels, guest-houses in Islamabad and taken 80+ people under arrest.
- (Aaj TV) Qaid-e-Azam University's and Zarraye University's (and many other student hostels) Boys and Girls hostels are forcefully emptied. Universities have ordered students (including girls) to get out of hostels (without any future notice) otherwise in morning when police will come then they won't be able to help them.
- As per governments order, some cellular companies have blocked (since noon of March 15, 2009) sending of SMS/MMS from Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
I'll advice all fellow members in Rawalpindi and Islamabad to stay inside their homes and do not go to far to watch the "show".
Please keep updating with new developments. Please also keep this thread as much non-political as much possible. Thank you.