LED TV suggestions. HELP!

Hey Guys this is Hazy. :)

I've been wanting to get a nice decent "GAMING LED With efficency of playing movies to their best ". I've been really saving up cash big time for this NECESSITY and now I've saved up enough to go for one.

I Plan on watching movies, do casual browsing and stuff, AND YES SOME SERIOUS GAMING ON THIS DEVICE.

Yes I'm specially buying an HD LED for some real gaming and to unleash games' true beauties and graphics and to have the craziest fun possible and making the most outta my budget. * MY BUDGET IS RS 20,000 *

I have 3 Decent LEDS in my eyes that come into my budget.

LCD & LED Monitors - Asus VS248H Black 24 2ms HDMI LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 ASCR 50,000,000:1 in Pakistan for Rs.18500.00 | Computer Zone

ASUS VX239H

LCD & LED Monitors - ViewSonic VX2452mh Black 23.6 2ms (GTG) HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 50,000,000:1 (1,000:1) Built-in Speakers in Pakistan for Rs.19900.00 | Computer Zone

I want you good pals to help me decide if I should go for any one of these or there's one out there better than these 3 in the same price range, which could make a considerable difference.

by the way my personal favorite is the 1ST one. but still I'd wanna make a smarter decision if I can.

Please do response guys I've really been saving the cash for it for a long time and your suggestions could really help me.

Thanks in advance guys. YOU ALL ARE AWESOME. Stay blessed.

2nd link is broken.

IMO 3rd one looks better than 1st

like you,i had also tried to buy a full hd led or at least lcd.searching so many monthes for a better one,i finally bought an LCD which is Dell 2408wfp....with almost every video inputs on its back panel.Vga,hdmi,display port,dvi and AV.its native resolution is 1920x1080....means full HD..only at 8200 rupess from pindi college road.it is 24 inch...

like you,i had also tried to buy a full hd led or at least lcd.searching so many monthes for a better one,i finally bought an LCD which is Dell 2408wfp....with almost every video inputs on its back panel.Vga,hdmi,display port,dvi and AV.its native resolution is 1920x1080....means full HD..only at 8200 rupess from pindi college road.it is 24 inch...

Hello!

Congratulations on saving up!

Coming to your desired usage for the Led backlit lcd Monitor ... watching movies and gaming may stand at opposing ends ... for watching movies one might prefer good color reproduction especially black/darkness (such as a -VA or -IPS Panel) with good viewing angles (if not sitting direclty in front) ... whereas for gaming one might prefer faster response times (TN Panel)

Coming to your 3 choices:

- ASUS's VX239H has the best viewing angles thanks to 2nd gen AH-IPS ... but at cost of slower response times

- Others seem to be TN Panels

If you could find any -VA (MVA or PVA) based monitor, it would offer the middle ground between TN and IPS ... a nice balance of the two ... but you may have to search for it! There is also Samsung's own Super-PLS tech but I didn't find it that impressive in its first release!

Regards,

Ahmed

[quote=“shafiq, post:2, topic:21932”]

2nd link is broken.

IMO 3rd one looks better than 1st

[/quote]

Hey Bro the link to that led is http://www.czone.com.pk/lcd-led-monitors-asus-asus-vx239h-23-inch-widescreen-ips-monitor-black-pakistan-p.2620.aspx

BTW apologies for the bad link Bro. I didn't actually realize.

[quote="jaliltarnab, post:4, topic:21932"]

[/quote]

Right but I wish I was somewhere near pindi so I could kinda drop nearby you and we could go there togather and check the led out you suggest me. But I wanna make this first-display-ever-bought experience *decent* and wanna have some peace of mind Cuz I'm not typa the guy who really prefers doing spending over and over again.

l really go with this famous adage.

( sasta roe bar bar, Mehnga roe ek Bar, I HOPE YOU GET MY POINT GOOD FRIEND ) But still it wouldn't have killed me to If I checked your led out. wish I were somewhere near Pindi.

[quote="ahmedfarazch, post:5, topic:21932"]

Hello!

Congratulations on saving up!

Coming to your desired usage for the Led backlit lcd Monitor ... watching movies and gaming may stand at opposing ends ... for watching movies one might prefer good color reproduction especially black/darkness (such as a -VA or -IPS Panel) with good viewing angles (if not sitting direclty in front) ... whereas for gaming one might prefer faster response times (TN Panel)

Coming to your 3 choices:

- ASUS's VX239H has the best viewing angles thanks to 2nd gen AH-IPS ... but at cost of slower response times

- Others seem to be TN Panels

If you could find any -VA (MVA or PVA) based monitor, it would offer the middle ground between TN and IPS ... a nice balance of the two ... but you may have to search for it! There is also Samsung's own Super-PLS tech but I didn't find it that impressive in its first release!

Regards,

Ahmed

[/quote]

Thanks Bro I really really appreciate your feedback on my topic. Your post is indeed very informative and gotta admit I never knew so many things bout LEDS n' Displays like you do ( since I never had a decent LED ).

I studied a little after your kind information for the types of leds out there. to be honest given there marketing tricks and stuff, I doubt I can really understand what To go for. But I've put my sights on the first one.

One reason for it is that IT PERFECTLY COMES INTO MY BUDGET + the point that you made of tn panel. I think such types are with better response times which encourages better gaming.

And second it, On world's mega online store this make (Amazon), Asus VS248H has got 4/5 stars and has got 4,553 customer reviews and is the

#1 Best Seller is on that mega online store. link is right below

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS248H-P-24-Inch-Full-HD-LED-lit/dp/B0058UUR6E/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1424539008&sr=1-1&keywords=Asus+VS248H.

really my Jack Sparrow's kinda compass is driving me right to this LED right now. And have been putting my sight on this one for a very long time. and was making my decision right away but still thought of listening to other people with unexcited mind if you know what i mean.

and one more thing you added of ips and tn. I think thats also go to do with color shifting. tn has apparently the draw back of Color shifting.

But they provide ( I hope its not a markeeting trick ) a new feature which apparently makes up for this color shifting problem.

Smart viewing Technology. description is right below

Versatile viewing positions with Smart View Technology

When you would like to watch movies upward lying down, Smart View Technology can adjust color parameters to deliver the same image quality and colors with straight viewing.

So I really hope It'd be a smart move to go for the 1st one. cuz I'm planning on doing mad gaming on it and also I will watch lots of movies. But I really really hope that Smart veiw technology won't be a let down. BUT bROTHER pLZ i'D STILL request you to add something that You might come up with after this response of mine. please do add it cuz I open to suggestion and I do wanna make the right decision. Thanks

Hey Guys Thanks a ton. I didn't actually expect that much response. I really appreciate it.

first of all, I'm really pissed for not being able to edit my post cuz the link to 2nd led is broken so, unwillingly I'm having to put down the link here in this post.

http://www.czone.com.pk/lcd-led-monitors-asus-asus-vx239h-23-inch-widescreen-ips-monitor-black-pakistan-p.2620.aspx

i m from mohmand agency now livin in chitral in connection to my job…Bhaee!if you are living anywhere near to a big city of pakistan like Peshawar, quetta,lahor, multan or Faisalabad,you can get it there extremely handy and easy.you will not have to live there in computer marts…:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: lol…just joking…for complete spec of Dell 2408 wfp,simply bing or Google it.you will be fully informed there in great images of LCD.moreover it is not so cheap as you got it.i have described its second hand price which almost come here to Peshwar or pindi via CONTAINER WALA MAAL.

Hello Again!

You are welcome!

And yes, it's a good sign that they are aware of the issue and have come up with a solution ... with so many people satisfied, it must be working well! Definitely a good choice!

I believe that what "jaliltarnab" is trying to say is that you can also get largely imported 'used' ones here for cheaper ... some being in pristine condition ... commonly referred to as 'lot ka maal' ... that seemingly work well in most cases!

To each his own! Happy Gaming!

Regards,

Ahmed

IMO, Do not buy old Dell "Dabba LCDs" under 100$, They are simply obsolete stuff and are not sufficient for your needs.

I will prefer #2.

Asus VX239H 23-inch Widescreen IPS Monitor

Thanks Brother and i might buy the LED tomorrow.

And thanks A ton for being so nice and helpful. I really truely appreciate it.
stay blessed friend. See you around.

[quote="ahmedfarazch, post:8, topic:21932"]

Hello Again!

You are welcome!

And yes, it's a good sign that they are aware of the issue and have come up with a solution ... with so many people satisfied, it must be working well! Definitely a good choice!

I believe that what "jaliltarnab" is trying to say is that you can also get largely imported 'used' ones here for cheaper ... some being in pristine condition ... commonly referred to as 'lot ka maal' ... that seemingly work well in most cases!

To each his own! Happy Gaming!

Regards,

Ahmed

[/quote]

[quote="makhan, post:9, topic:21932"]

IMO, Do not buy old Dell "Dabba LCDs" under 100$, They are simply obsolete stuff and are not sufficient for your needs.

I will prefer #2.

Asus VX239H 23-inch Widescreen IPS Monitor

[/quote]

Yeah my friend has it. And he's pretty happy with it. But I'd like to have 24 inch at least. I mean it doesn't make much size different if I go for either of these, But I'm really so much inclined to it. Really by heart wanna go for the first one.

Thanks for the response btw. Have a good day Bro.

Thanks Bro. I read the specs of the Dell Lcd you suggest. Boy I gotta say I was pretty impressed with its various features.

But I've decided to go for the LED that my hearts directing me to. And its ASUS VS248H. I'm truely so inclined to it.

And It has pretty much all the things that I need plus the satisfaction, newness, and the Branding ASUS. My God.

I'm Buying something this expensive after a long time and I wanna make it very very special. wanna cherish the decision so I think I'm buying this LED HOFEFULLY tomorrow.

BTW Thanks very very much Bro for the suggestion. I would've gone for if I wanted to save the money. But I really wanna have some peace of mind.

Thanks. i'll see you again.

[quote="jaliltarnab, post:7, topic:21932"]

i m from mohmand agency now livin in chitral in connection to my job...Bhaee!if you are living anywhere near to a big city of pakistan like Peshawar, quetta,lahor, multan or Faisalabad,you can get it there extremely handy and easy.you will not have to live there in computer marts...:-) :-) :-) :-) lol....just joking....for complete spec of Dell 2408 wfp,simply bing or Google it.you will be fully informed there in great images of LCD.moreover it is not so cheap as you got it.i have described its second hand price which almost come here to Peshwar or pindi via CONTAINER WALA MAAL.

[/quote]

One thing i see in LED,s is that they are very energy compliant.in most cases it consumes hardly 40 watts power which is a blessing in a country like ours.LOOAD SHEDING K SATAYEY HOWEY LOGO KO BHULA LCD SE KIYA FAIDA HOGA…so i really liked your ultimate decession.one striking thing is led,s are its DC input mostly 12 or 24 which i think is DARYA KO KOZEY MAY BUND KARNEY WALI BATH HAY:-)

Best of luck for your purchase and please post unboxing pictures and share your reviews here with us :)

[quote=“makhan, post:13, topic:21932”]

Best of luck for your purchase and please post unboxing pictures and share your reviews here with us :)

[/quote]

Sure Bro. But i seem to have a little problem to have the LED shipped. As soon as i receive it. I'll try to upload unboxing of my brand new Led.

Thanks for the response anyway