LDN... good or bad?

just moved from ptcl to ldn two days ago... so far its been crap... torrents are throttled... trackers usually time out...(i usually use private ones)... browsing is ridiculously slow... facebook and google specially takes 4-5 refreshes before they load... but weirdly all problems seem to melt away off peek hours like at 3 or 4 am... so far i think its been a bad decision to move to ldn... my old ptcl 1mb connection was much much more reliable than this load of dung...

i have however logged in my complaint.. lets see what happens...

does anyone else have the problems i am facing??

thats what i wanna show the ppl

ptcl has

1) bad customer care

2) not equality

but it has

1)batter speed then others

2) almost exact all the times due to havy backup

All others use its sublines so they never can give batter than ptcl

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

just moved from ptcl to ldn two days ago… so far its been crap… torrents are throttled… trackers usually time out…(i usually use private ones)… browsing is ridiculously slow… facebook and google specially takes 4-5 refreshes before they load… but weirdly all problems seem to melt away off peek hours like at 3 or 4 am… so far i think its been a bad decision to move to ldn… my old ptcl 1mb connection was much much more reliable than this load of dung…

i have however logged in my complaint… lets see what happens…

does anyone else have the problems i am facing??

[/quote]

get on 2M package

1mb package sucks…

there are too many users on 1mb package

no package can beat the ptcl its my experience

i hate ptcl but it is my MAJBOORI because it can give u best speed of all others.

I am using PTCL 1 MB package and so far I am extremely disappointed, here are the reasons:

1, The browsing is very bad, You have to hit enter 2 - 3 times before even google actually load properly.

2, The ping is very high with online gaming (NOTE: I am not talking about local PTCL servers, I am talking about gaming on Tunngle with friends who are in Karachi having different services, we play games like C&C Generals but usually I disconnect all the time because of high ping and RTOs) I had MaxCom 1 MB previously and never faced a ping issue, I shifted from MaxCom because my area has line quality issues so I switched my landline to fiber and took PTCL and so far I am regretting the decision.

3, Worst customer support ever, I have called them many times but they simply don't listen, all they know is how to make customers fool and nothing else, they are non-technical and don't even understand the basic terms of networking. Like I requested them that I am an online gamer so I like to have fast-latency type but they have given me interleaved latency which is not good for gaming but they simply don't understand what I am talking about and the ones who understand simply try to make me fool by saying Sir please email to our gaming admin who's name and email is XYZ. Whenever I email the email simply return to my mail box i.e fail to deliver.

I don't understand when they cannot provide good after sale services then why launch so many products and services ?

I can switch my line back to copper from fiber and take MaxCom services but unfortunately MaxCom is also part of PTCL now so I know what to expect from them, now my question is that can anyone tell me how LDN is ? I mostly use my connection for online gaming and some normal downloads nothing else. I bet its better than what PTCL is offering but advice from someone who has personal experience will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Anyone ???

love ptcl :D

I see no single reason to love PTCL, they are like typical government departments who have tons of resources and money and everything but they don't know how to put them to good use plus they had the worst customer support ever. Response and solution are two different things, customer support does not always mean response. PTCL customer support provide response yes ! but they don't have solution to your problems because they simply don't understand what problem a customer is facing or they are simply ignorant because they know that they are the biggest service provider in country.

If somebody tell me the overall quality of LDN I will make my move quickly because I am tired of this lousy PTCL service.

I see no single reason to love PTCL, they are like typical government departments who have tons of resources and money and everything but they don’t know how to put them to good use plus they had the worst customer support ever. Response and solution are two different things, customer support does not always mean response. PTCL customer support provide response yes ! but they don’t have solution to your problems because they simply don’t understand what problem a customer is facing or they are simply ignorant because they know that they are the biggest service provider in country.

If somebody tell me the overall quality of LDN I will make my move quickly because I am tired of this lousy PTCL service.

[/quote]

i have told u if u can not get batter in ptcl then u even will not b able in ldn

ldn uses ptcl’s sublines so they can not give u batter if u having problem then get technical help in this forum or ask from ptcl lazy guys but still in pakistan this is the only place which can give u batter than all

i have told u if u can not get batter in ptcl then u even will not b able in ldn

ldn uses ptcl’s sublines so they can not give u batter if u having problem then get technical help in this forum or ask from ptcl lazy guys but still in pakistan this is the only place which can give u batter than all

[/quote]

You are right that PTCL has access to the best resources available because all the exchanges, fiber backbone etc are the property of PTCL and other companies borrow the bandwidth from PTCL but I don’t agree that PTCL provides the best because I was user of MaxCom from about 4 years, I started from their 128 Kbps connection which was available in 1800/- Rs at that time and in 4 years they keep on doubling my connection and finally it reached 2 Mbps. I was very satisfied with MaxCom service as well as their customer support plus they have given me fast-latency type which is necessary for lag-free online gaming but in the end the line quality of my area’s exchange gone very bad and MaxCom apologized that they cannot do anything about it because PTCL people in exchange are not very cooperative with other companies so I decided to move to fiber line instead and take PTCL but PTCL is no way near MaxCom in terms of quality and customer support and that is why PTCL have purchased MaxCom because it was a good competitor. Rather than improving their own quality they purchase other companies who provide better services, what a strategy…

get on 2M package

1mb package sucks…

there are too many users on 1mb package

[/quote]

had 2mb package… it still sucked…

thats what i wanna show the ppl

ptcl has

1) bad customer care

2) not equality

but it has

1)batter speed then others

2) almost exact all the times due to havy backup

All others use its sublines so they never can give batter than ptcl

[/quote]

you are right i realized that after switching to LDN… so now ive moved backed to PTCL… 4MB babayyyyy… =)

hello sk90y,

What is your ping quality with 4 MB connection, I might switch on 4 MB too if LDN is not an option, I will appreciate if you post some of the results obtained from www.pingtest.net and what type of latency they have given you with 4 MB connection, interleaved or fast type ? Please answer.

Thanks

omg link.net is not good...or may be there was a prob with ma line...:D

overall it was working fine in the start but after some months it was terrible, disconection,,latency,no response

but their coustomer suport is prety c0oL...xD

BUT i wil go for peetCl ..:D

You are right that PTCL has access to the best resources available because all the exchanges, fiber backbone etc are the property of PTCL and other companies borrow the bandwidth from PTCL but I don’t agree that PTCL provides the best because I was user of MaxCom from about 4 years, I started from their 128 Kbps connection which was available in 1800/- Rs at that time and in 4 years they keep on doubling my connection and finally it reached 2 Mbps. I was very satisfied with MaxCom service as well as their customer support plus they have given me fast-latency type which is necessary for lag-free online gaming but in the end the line quality of my area’s exchange gone very bad and MaxCom apologized that they cannot do anything about it because PTCL people in exchange are not very cooperative with other companies so I decided to move to fiber line instead and take PTCL but PTCL is no way near MaxCom in terms of quality and customer support and that is why PTCL have purchased MaxCom because it was a good competitor. Rather than improving their own quality they purchase other companies who provide better services, what a strategy…

[/quote]

okz

but i agree in this all

1) ptcl bad guys in its exchanges

2) in 1236 and 1218

3) no one is cooperative

but i agree 2 in

1) ptcl has high speed data which no one has

2) ptcl shares its ip but not the speed

3) other companies can just do manual support to u but can not give batter than ptcl (in speed related)

all is well but ptcl guys are bad

one who has no problem in line and technical problem will experience other are giving half than ptcl

now i m once again IMPRESED by LDN..

i moved to lahore.. applied for LDN 1mbps..

got in two days...

and speed is full 1mbps only for 735/month..

no ifs no thats...

i wud say LDN is way awesome...

I see no single reason to love PTCL, they are like typical government departments who have tons of resources and money and everything but they don’t know how to put them to good use plus they had the worst customer support ever. Response and solution are two different things, customer support does not always mean response. PTCL customer support provide response yes ! but they don’t have solution to your problems because they simply don’t understand what problem a customer is facing or they are simply ignorant because they know that they are the biggest service provider in country.

[/quote]

ditto… i also need LDN reviews… and i wont take a sec to switch from ptcl…the day they doubled the bandwidth from 2 - 4Mb my circuit constantly gets sync/unsync…:@

i found LDN best in front of PTCL DSL....

m using it since 4-5 months but nvr had any single issue .... nvr till now MashaAllah :)

^ Show your modem stats please.

hi all!!

i just read couple of starting posts and just want to share my opinion.

I am a user of Link Dot Net since 2 Years and never found any serious issue. except the 10 days up-gradation period they took.

In my view, it really depends on the area, location, and your equipments.

You cannot say that if PTCL is good in Lahore Cantt it will also be in other areas.

so before deciding your broadband service, take a small feedback from your area from existing customers then choose.

and feedback must be from your surroundings .. not Internet.. feedback of a user in Karachi cannot be a decisive one for the customer in Lahore.

PTCL,LDN,WorldCall or whatever services exist.. they strive to provide you the best available. Simply they cannot do it for whole Pakistan.

hope this will be helpful...