LDN current rates

What are LDN current rates, are they still rs. 2000 for 2 Mbps connection?

I have seen some people taking discounted packages (without student id card). Is this possible?

I'm interested in getting a 2Mbps discounted package, and looking in options how to get it.

Yes you can easily get discounted package without any student card/ University authorizing letter now :P You just have to tell them you are a student.

You don't even have to lie. You can get the discounted pricing even if you are NOT a student.

Do I need to go through some specific CSR or promotion guy to avail this? If anyone has any such contact, that would be helpful.

You just need to conatct the Link Dot Net service centre. Check this link for details:

http://link.net.pk/English/Linkcorp/Contact+Us/

Is discount available on new connections only or old ones too? I want to upgrade from 1mbps to 2mbps and get 30% discount.

The price of 2mb package is 1295/-. Their website is not updated. LDN discount is for everyone whether he is a student or an illiterate person.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The price of 2mb package is 1295/-. Their website is not updated. LDN discount is for everyone whether he is a student or an illiterate person.
[/quote]

Good. Since I already own the modem and pay Rs.1050 instead of Rs.1200 for 1mbps so I guess in case of 2mbps after discount I will be paying 1295 - 150 = Rs.1145!

I sent an email to LDN (info@link.net.pk) at 12:30 pm today regarding discount and I got call from them at 1:10pm...I am impressed!!

The CSR told me after discount and modem cost my rate for 2mbps would be Rs.1295 but I don't know how they calculated it because it seems a little higher so I have emailed them again asking detail.

Ok I got it. On this page http://www.mylink.net.pk/Services/Tariff.aspx they have mentioned rates WITHOUT modem and I was calculating it as WITH modem therefore the confusion.

Without modem rate for 2mbps is 1850 which means after 30% discount it comes to Rs.1295.

dont know why they are not advertising their discounts? they can easily steal customers from PTCL with these rates.

@TechMan

for how long u've been LDN customer. i m thinking to become one. How woud u rate it?

dont know why they are not advertising their discounts? they can easily steal customers from PTCL with these rates.
[/quote]

Maybe their discounts don’t leave them much room for an advertising budget.

In my limited experience LDN sucks. They outsource their installation teams to PTCL and these guys encourage customers to switch to PTCL :)

@TechMan

for how long u’ve been LDN customer. i m thinking to become one. How woud u rate it?

[/quote]

I have been LDN customer for more than 2.5 years. They are perfect for my need, no disconnections, no speed issues, no downtime. I don’t remember the last time I called their customer support to complain about service. May be 2 months back!?

I am another satisfied LDN customer. Have been using it for more than a year and never faced an issue. Whenever i need it to work it simply does. But the service level may vary from in different areas dependent on the line coditions, number of users etc.

Asif

I sent an email to LDN (info@link.net.pk) at 12:30 pm today regarding discount and I got call from them at 1:10pm…I am impressed!!

The CSR told me after discount and modem cost my rate for 2mbps would be Rs.1295 but I don’t know how they calculated it because it seems a little higher so I have emailed them again asking detail.

[/quote]

The 30% discount is applicable on the Internet charges minus the modem rental. For 2 Mbps package Internet charges are 1850 plus 150 as modem rental. So 1850 minus 30% comes out to 1295. In short if you already have a modem you play 1295/moth other wise the cost will be 1445/month.

Asif

Well LDN is the best. I have used each and every broadband/dsl/isp providers! But LDN is the One which is best for all my needs. Their customer support is great and price is also awesome.

LDN complaints to ptcl (the mother of internet in Pakistan) that they are offering cheap rates to user than private companies. so that's the reason LDN is not advertising lowest rates on net or media. i am using LDN 1mps for Rs. 735 without modem charges from last 7 months. i will upgrade it to 2mbps tomorrow.

Is the upload same as download?

^divide download speed with 4