Lcd Screens

Yaaro I want to ask that how to clean lcd"s properly???????? I dont think that lcd cleaning kits are avaliable in Pakistan.

1. Get a bottle of distilled water (supermarket).

2. Get a clean spray bottle.

3. Get some lint-free microfiber cloth (Bazar, electronics store,)

4. Turn the set off and let it fully cool down.

5. Fill the spray bottle with distilled water. GENTLY spray the screen to moisten it. Do not allow water to drip down into the set at the bottom of the screen.

6. Gently wipe the screen in a circular motion with the cloth until it is clean and dry.

7. If you need to moisten the screen a second time, spray the cloth rather than the screen.

If you have a mark on the screen that you can’t remove by repeating the above process several times, get some isopropyl alcohol with a purity level of at least 98% (pharmacy, or see Here for an on-line example). Note: do NOT use common medicinal (rubbing) alcohol, which has a purity level of about 70%. Moisten a clean microfiber cloth with the special alcohol and gently wipe the mark. Repeat as necessary.

If you cannot remove the mark with the above procedure, it’s probably not going to come off without additional aggressive measures that will permanently damage the screen.

OR

watch this http://bitcast-r.v1....-small.h264.mp4

QuickTime required

[quote=“armada, post:2, topic:15778”]

1. Get a bottle of distilled water (supermarket).

2. Get a clean spray bottle.

3. Get some lint-free microfiber cloth (Bazar, electronics store,)

4. Turn the set off and let it fully cool down.

5. Fill the spray bottle with distilled water. GENTLY spray the screen to moisten it. Do not allow water to drip down into the set at the bottom of the screen.

6. Gently wipe the screen in a circular motion with the cloth until it is clean and dry.

7. If you need to moisten the screen a second time, spray the cloth rather than the screen.

If you have a mark on the screen that you can’t remove by repeating the above process several times, get some isopropyl alcohol with a purity level of at least 98% (pharmacy, or see Here for an on-line example). Note: do NOT use common medicinal (rubbing) alcohol, which has a purity level of about 70%. Moisten a clean microfiber cloth with the special alcohol and gently wipe the mark. Repeat as necessary.

If you cannot remove the mark with the above procedure, it’s probably not going to come off without additional aggressive measures that will permanently damage the screen.

OR

watch this http://bitcast-r.v1…-small.h264.mp4

QuickTime required

[/quote]

Thank you very much dost

A chemical sold under the brand name of '' Revive All '' can also be used for this purpose.

I have seen people in computer markets using Kerosene oil in place of Water + Alcohol and it cleans but smells for quite some time.

Never use surf or any other abrasive type cleaner like surf powder etc.

What about Glint? Is it harmful for LCDs?

[quote=“scuzzy, post:6, topic:15778”]

What about Glint? Is it harmful for LCDs?

[/quote]

Can be used.

I would take a cloth like cotton, dip it in water, wipe the screen and the body of lcd and TADA done. no worries!

Thank you all of you for your replies.

I have seen some people at computer shops using some sort of a universal cleaning agent, though I forget the name. Does anyone know of it? It's more like a code for a name, something starting with R perhaps...sorry for being vague.