LCD monitor as TV?

Can I use LCD Monitor 22" viewsonic (for my computer) to watch TV(using TV device). Is the result good? Pros & Cons ?

Guys Please guide, isn't this forum is for this purpose?

i have been using my Samsung 2232 BW with PC and as TV since 2 months. It works fine. just you have to buy PCTV for LCD. easily available in Hafeez center / Hall road lhr

"wizard" Thanks for your reply atleast there are some persons who care to help/guide others. I am from Islamabad. Can you tell me which brand/model you bought and at what price.

I use a Dany "LCD Device" with a 17" LCD monitor for TV in my room and it works pretty good.

If you intend to use the LCD for PC too, then go for it or else go for an LCD TV if it's for the sole purpose of watching TV.

i am using device from DANY. you can ask galaxy to ship it to you in isb. do not have any info about markets in isb. Price is around 2k

"Asad_N" & "wizard"

I want to use LCD for computer and also if result is good than watch TV on it also. Well LCD TV is very expensive 60K for 32" LCD, where as 22" high definition viewsonic LCD is for 19K.

as i told before....i am using it for both purpose....with computer and also for TV. results are v.good for TV.

"wizard" Thanks for your help.

you can also get a TV tuner for this purpose.

Be advised that the TV devices for LCDs and CRTs (i.e the normal monitors) are different, or at least that is what has been told to me by the local computer market vendors.

According to them it is because of compatibility issues. So get some first hand info before investing.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Be advised that the TV devices for LCDs and CRTs (i.e the normal monitors) are different, or at least that is what has been told to me by the local computer market vendors.

According to them it is because of compatibility issues. So get some first hand info before investing.

[/quote]

Thanks!

^ LCD compatible devices are a touch expensive too.