Lays Chips - ULAMA CRITICIZED JUNAID JAMSHED FOR GIVING A FATWA

Please tell me what should I do, I have not eaten Chips for last on month after this HALAL thing going on.

Is it true, that they are not Halal.

Any positive update and input is welcomed.

lol, battle of the mullahs

funny what fame and money can do. so much for brotherhood, ha!

ridiculous

Lays is Halal, at first i thought it was not but now i know, it is.

Reminded me about the story of Mongols, when Mongols were about to invade Iraq, the Iraqis were debating weather a CROW is Halal or Haram! These !@#$%^& Mullahs should also teach the hypocrite society that lying, tax evasion, hypocrisy, back biting, overcharging, black marketing etc all are HARAM.

Halal swimming at Halal beach? :/

ha.jpg

the_last_tragic_moment and 40 mbps

wonderful views

First Ulema's (some of them, not sure how authentic they are) were objecting that the chip manufacturers use oils/ingredients which are not allowed, now they are objecting that who is junaid jamshed to research and then come on tv and term it as Halal. guess they wanted their share of fame and money :P

even if its Haram, but the seller sells it as Halal then dont worry you wont be doing a major gunah, as the seller will be questioned on the judgment day and not you, though you maybe questioned that did you do your research, but still, its common sense really. jeez Islam is so flexible, still ppl make so much fuss out of nothing.

Propaganda machine at the works here folks. The scholars are I think, and yes I have seen this before in the UK that the ulema are being manipulated or being lead astray by others (mostly their own young nojawan students).

Also the article's authenticity is at question as well.

@/\ /\/ /\ /\/\

Where did you get this from?

My cousin email it to me.

REFERENCE

ROZ'NAMA UMMAT KARACHI

JUNE 12, 2009

I tried to post the big copy, but the www.tinypic.com readjust the size.

I don't get this. The 'Ulemas' above only seem to be con-

cerned with protecting their self-proclaimed 'right' to call

something halal or haram for the rest of us. They seem

to be unanimously piqued @ Junaid Jamshed because he

has abrogated their exclusive turf.

Instead of trying to ascertain the facts, through a proper,

thorough and transparent investigation and presenting

their conclusions to the public, they have allowed others

to spread rumors and propaganda. Just because you have

memorized reams of religious texts, does not automatically

make you an authority on everything, including potato chips.

That's absurd and any business has a right to come back

with a rebuttal. Barring any comprehensive and conclusive

report from their end, based on documented facts, their

opinion has the same weight as any Joe or Jamshed out

there. Even less so, since most of their old guard frowns

upon science as a western creation and a bad influence.

Sheikh 'OK, I Admit it, I Eat Lays' Chilli

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

11 posts here

what is hallal and haram , its not all about just saying allah akbar, the major concept is cleanliness. but if you look at what cleanliness you have here in pakistan then from islamic concept of hallal and haram everything in pakistan is haram 100% (for example butcher shop it starts out as perfectly hallal way then then after word with so much unhygienic way its slaughtered by man and handled and put openly in butcher shop with flies and mosquitoes buzzing on it then from islamic defination it becomes 100% haram)

[/quote]

wonderful statement

you clean out everything

Bravo!

I am just wondering,

Are they manufacturing LAYS Chips in Pakistan?

or like many multinational comapnies they are manufacturing in Dubai, China or Thailand and small packaging in Pakistan.

First of all, didn't Jamia Binoria declare Lays Halal. And Binoria is one of the foremost madressahs of Pakistan. Secondly, Junaid Jamshed is no aalim, no mufti. I repeat, he's not a mufti. So anything he says wasn't a fatwa at all.

As for his criticism, yes, the moment I saw his ad a month or so back, I knew that it wouldn't be well-received by the respected ulema. Why? Simply because all the Lays manufcturers are doing is using his bearded and religious appearance to sell their product. Without any thought to his actual credentials.

These mullahs and members of the so called "ulema" have no authority over Islam and hence you should take whatever they blare out with a grain of salt. God has given you the necessary functions within you for rationalization. Use it:

[17:36] You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.

You do not need these hypocritical mullahs telling you what to do and not to do. Research the Quran yourself. How ever will you be able to strengthen your faith if you do not question what you have researched and learned by observing the world around you?

The most clear statement "if it contains haram ingedients it is haram"(now every can use his common sense). And if you want to know that either can you eat this chips or not. Then in my oppinion you can. Because the company says it is 100% halal and if they are lying then you will not be held responsible for eating haram at the judgement day because it was not done by intention.

The most clear statement “if it contains haram ingedients it is haram”(now every can use his common sense). And if you want to know that either can you eat this chips or not. Then in my oppinion you can. Because the company says it is 100% halal and if they are lying then you will not be held responsible for eating haram at the judgement day because it was not done by intention.
[/quote]

but that does not mean if someone says it not haram then i should start eating and company will be answerable and the of judgment , ( i dont know either that its haram or halal ) but some how i dont eat lays that much , so as a responsible person we should investigate issue or either on safe hand we can stop eating it …

LOL @ so-called Ulema's fearing someone approaching their turf... Fools.

Someone here was offering certificates from the manufacturer of the ingredients that the ingredients are all Halal. I have it somewhere in my inbox.

Anyway, I fully support Lays. For all we know, Super Crisp might have hurled this allegation at Lays because they lost a lot of business to them.

LOL @ so-called Ulema’s fearing someone approaching their turf… Fools.

Someone here was offering certificates from the manufacturer of the ingredients that the ingredients are all Halal. I have it somewhere in my inbox.

Anyway, I fully support Lays. For all we know, Super Crisp might have hurled this allegation at Lays because they lost a lot of business to them.

[/quote]

yeah there are chances that other companies are doing this but ASAD if you have such proves then it well better for us here on forums :)

For all we know, Super Crisp might have hurled this allegation at Lays because they lost a lot of business to them.
[/quote]

That seems to be the most plausible reason.

Whether Super Crisp or not, it does sound to be the work of a local manufacturer.

Lay’s is not the only snack product available out there. There’s Pringles, Doritos, Cheetos, Fritos and so many more, which are not even made in Pakistan unlike Lay’s and are imported from all around the world and are readily available everywhere.

So how come Lay’s is Haram all of a sudden?

And when we talk about imported products, then we can include Jams, Cereals, Candy, Chewing Gums, tooth paste and so many more consumable which may be argued as being Haram on some level or the other.

This is is simply hypocrisy and ignorance at it’s best.