Last Smartphone Virgin seeks advice on new smartphone

With due embarrassment and unwarranted pride, I admit it. I have never had a smartphone. Sure, there were the times when I almost got one, but I wanted it to be special, to mean something. Years have flown by and everyone I know has bumped digits and even swiped, twisted sisters mostly left, blue boys always right, . Now, I just want to get it out of the way. I guess I am a little frustrated, I do have a cell phone and still play with it sometimes, but I want to go all the way.

The question remains, what can a smartphone do for me that I can't do for myself with a laptop computer, an internet connection and a cell phone set to vibrate? So far, I have looked down on those lost in their haptic zombulism, and maybe, a ph/t/ablet is what I need to finally hop on the tactile taint train.

I have already started flirting with the possibilities, I find the phones in the region to be like the people, too many bad choices, and mostly low quality ones at that. I hear the praises of the LG G2 often. It has the Nissan Skyline halo about it, and let's just say it's aroused my interest. Someone recently offered me a romp with a LG E970 for Rs. 17000. Seemed high.

The asking price for G2s is around 17K to 18K, but no box. So how much more do I have pay for a new G2? Is there a problem with the AT&T, etc. US models compared with the "international" versions? I expect to use the device for at least 18 months so it has to last that long.

I know I should offer a price range or what I expect the phone to do for me. Except the Nokia Standard - signal strength, clarity both ways, battery - has to be extended. This is still the rule I use to judge phones. Anything that falls short (average or below) in even one of those 3 areas for the category, I won't consider. Assume there are 4 categories by either price or user type.

For smartphones, what makes it feel like the first time? Is it near perfect haptic operation, or multi-tasking with x number of apps or, or picture quality, or flash memory, or build quality, or durability, or something else?

I don't understand smartphones, it's gone too far too quickly. Given the current state of the smartphone market, which attributes cannot be compromised on below a certain threshold?

Personally, I would like a device that can store and play lossless audio. But if a smartphone can't do that, I would not remove it from my consideration based on that one factor. So which factors are make or break for smartphone?

And which 4 (remember this is arbitrary) categories are there in the smartphone world in 2015 by price or target user?

The lengths at which people go to just to get some attention...

Just go ahead and get the G2, it is literally the best device to get in a <20,000 budget. (Owning the frigging box doesn't change the phone or it's internals one bit)

Or you could also get an S4, One M7, or some other non-flagship device from these manufacturers. Just make sure you're buying the right stuff at the right place at the right price.

Wire Dude....

Get the Lg G2 and STF U...!!!

G2 is the THE BEST phone in market.. from where are you getting it in 17k? i need one too, but its price for the set only is 20k.. and that too for the american version, LS.. i would suggest only getting the AT&T version D801, or the international D802....all other have the knock on feature issue.

I've been using Nokia 1100 for 9 years now. Although not proactively searching, I'd keep my eyes glued on any recommendations in this thread.

Off-topic, I like your writing. If our youth can, to quote this one poster in this thread, go to "lengths at which people go to just to get some attention.." through literary means and not frivulous amusements, or lavish indulgences, then dare-I-say we're 'going to be allright'

Good job Wire.

Buy lenovo k3 note <20K

lenovo is indeed the second best option overall, and the TOP option when buying boxed new phone.

^While Lenovo is a second tier international brand (a Chinese MNC which picked up IBM's small computers business and mobiles from Motorola Mobility), I would rather go with a LG.

I have checked out the various mobile malls. The slimy salesmen can smell my innocence. Can someone recommend a shop or two? How much should I expect to pay for a used G2 in great condition and how about a new one?

And how the heck do I check if the used mobile's condition. Remember Jimmy, I am not experienced.

Commander We gotta a live one here..

Duude... unless you tell where you live besides, you can always buy the best condition , totally secure purchase from,

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Always somewhere

[/quote]

[quote=“jamalkhan, post:5, topic:22053”]

Buy lenovo k3 note <20K

[/quote]

yo bro , where can i buy a lenovo k3 note ?

kindly suggest a shop please!

[quote=“yaxir123, post:9, topic:22053”]

yo bro , where can i buy a lenovo k3 note ?

kindly suggest a shop please!

[/quote]

Not avliable in Pakistan and chances are will never be.... I have just requested (a lot of mintein tarlay :D ) my relative in dubai to bring this for me because it is available in Dubai ........ So if you have some contact in USA or DUbai ask him to buy it for you ....

Lenovo has its presence n pakistan now.. with warranty.. many sets are making there way here..

i know about a display center on walton road where you trun toward defense in middle at the 1st signal.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:11, topic:22053”]

Lenovo has its presence n pakistan now.. with warranty.. many sets are making there way here..

i know about a display center on walton road where you trun toward defense in middle at the 1st signal.

[/quote]

oh boyeee! i hope they make the K3 note available here.

BTW , Farhan bhai , i have a question...

you have been a diehard Lenovo follower/fan for sometime now , can you tell me a bit about their release date frequency , by which i mean , how long do they take to release a phone here which they have already released in China.

take for example ... K3 note released in mid-april , so how long will it take to come here ?

[quote=“yaxir123, post:12, topic:22053”]

you have been a diehard Lenovo follower/fan for sometime now , can you tell me a bit about their release date frequency , by which i mean , how long do they take to release a phone here which they have already released in China.

take for example ... K3 note released in mid-april , so how long will it take to come here ?

[/quote]

I'm happy to see another K3 note fan ..... :D

Some interesting facts regarding K3 Note.....

K3 note was initially planned to release in China & USA only but looking at its specs Indians gone mad for it and they make thousends of calls at their local sales center and now lenovo decided to release it in India in couple of months ....

By the way it is avliable at Aliexpress.com and they are saying its orignal ......

K3 note has another version with a big speaker at back but its little expensive....

Lenovo-K3-Note-price-Release-date.jpeg

[quote=“yaxir123, post:12, topic:22053”]

[/quote]

Oh,, well... i am not a Die hard fan :) Comparatively i like HTC ONE series and the new LG a lot.... its just that lenovo have excellent build quality for a much lower price and a lot of useful features in their launcher, that you literally scream why anyone else has never thought of them..

i was using them when they only were available in dubai.. now they are expanding to india, meaning PK deliveries are only a few months in pipeline..i dont know about any exact launch dates for future sets...

the one i am looking forward to the Vibe Z2 pro.. this phone has everything a perfect android android phone have.. Dual sim.. 6 inch screen,, ultra battery.. 4k video recording and every lenovo top notch feature there is..

and probably it will be priced right...

[quote=“jamalkhan, post:13, topic:22053”]

I'm happy to see another K3 note fan ..... :D

Some interesting facts regarding K3 Note.....

K3 note was initially planned to release in China & USA only but looking at its specs Indians gone mad for it and they make thousends of calls at their local sales center and now lenovo decided to release it in India in couple of months ....

By the way it is avliable at Aliexpress.com and they are saying its orignal ......

K3 note has another version with a big speaker at back but its little expensive....

Lenovo-K3-Note-price-Release-date.jpeg

[/quote]

ehehe.... im more a a Budget Smartphone fan , but its true that LEnovo have made a very sincere effort to enhance the quality of the Low-End market.

thats why im a big fan and i'd REALLY love to get my hands on this beast and check it for :

- its LOW LIGHT photography

- FHD screen Quality

- Multitasking capability based on RAM

Aliexpress.com is a kinda risky place to buy and pair that with the notorious Local Customs who ALWAYS want a cut for releasing your mobile , its almost impossible to seamlessly import a smartphone... i HOPE it comes to Pakistan as an official product of lenovo at a kind price

[quote="farhan_ds, post:14, topic:22053"]

Oh,, well... i am not a Die hard fan :) Comparatively i like HTC ONE series and the new LG a lot.... its just that lenovo have excellent build quality for a much lower price and a lot of useful features in their launcher, that you literally scream why anyone else has never thought of them..

i was using them when they only were available in dubai.. now they are expanding to india, meaning PK deliveries are only a few months in pipeline..i dont know about any exact launch dates for future sets...

the one i am looking forward to the Vibe Z2 pro.. this phone has everything a perfect android android phone have.. Dual sim.. 6 inch screen,, ultra battery.. 4k video recording and every lenovo top notch feature there is..

and probably it will be priced right...

[/quote]

Few months ?! well , that alottta time and probably a better phone will be released in that price range (or even LOWER!) .... if Lenovo want to be a success here, they should make prompt releases here..

hopefuly they will.. :)

they should.. cz oppo failed here.

I would advise not to buy Lenovo since it is MediaTek Chipset with a poor built quality.

Any device above 15k with a MediaTek Chipset is not worth buying.

LG G2 is far by the most decent phone under 20K, The only disadvantage of buying these open boxed phones is the Week Battery.

I would suggest take a look at

MT chips are doing fine , and very well.. as well as having sorted all issues of wifi problems from 2 generations ago..fast speedy and cheap, you get the best of the money you spent in limited buget..

when buget no issue, buy the 70k Note 4..

PS: many lenovo phones come with snapdragons for those who value the stamp on the phone chip..

Generally speaking, You get what you pay for. No one has unlimited budget and we all are on a tech forum so we should discuss technical details too.

Most people buying these Mediatek based so called Octoacore phones just look at paper specs. In reality they can not even compare 2013 models of high end branded phones.

[quote=“makhan, post:19, topic:22053”]

Generally speaking, You get what you pay for. No one has unlimited budget and we all are on a tech forum so we should discuss technical details too.

Most people buying these Mediatek based so called Octoacore phones just look at paper specs. In reality they can not even compare 2013 models of high end branded phones.

[/quote]

as much as i'd hate to argue here ... BUT just go to gizchina.com or gizmochina.com and ASK , how are the CURRENT GEN MTK chips in contrast to CURRENT GEN Snapdragons...

come back and tell me your experience...