Laptops with Dos or Windows 7?

Guys tel me when u buy a new laptop, do u prefer Dos on it or Genuine Windows 7. Coz i hav heared that when u install windows 7 on a system, its not genuine or a trial. soo wat is better dos or windows.. And what is the price difference, i mean b/t Dos rate and with windows 7 genuine.

1. Never go for Windows 7 home edition which usually comes with laptops nowadays.

2. Find price of both with DOS or Win7 and compare it to the bucks in your pocket. If you don't have nough money then go only for DOS. Patching is easy.

Yeah You should check the price difference !

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

1. Never go for Windows 7 home edition which usually comes with laptops nowadays.
[/quote]

Most, almost 90% of laptops you will find with preinstalled o/s will be with windows 7 Home Premium edition.

whats wrong with it ?

Most, almost 90% of laptops you will find with preinstalled o/s will be with windows 7 Home Premium edition.

whats wrong with it ?

[/quote]

I think, due to difference in price nothing else.

Connecting to networks easily and Domain Joining will be a problem in home edition.

Windows XP mode is also not available in home edition.

^ Home Edition is not meant to join domain.

OK you may take it. It will be your own headache in future. :)

I heard from many people that buy laptop with DOS and then install pirated OS on it, so that you don't have any problem regarding Microsoft Office and other Microsoft products in the future! :P

^^ In addition why spend 100$ more when u can get pirated windows for 20 rupees....hehe :)

--

The way we are dicussing this topic, Microsoft will surely get angry. :)

Surely you can pirate win7 later. Win7 home edition is fine too if you don't plan to get too geeky about stuff.

I wish Win7 Pro/Ultimate came with mid-level (i3/i5) laptops. I don't want an expensive high end machine just for my work and Home Premium sucks as far as working in a domain environment is concerned. Failed strategy on the part of laptop vendors. :/

I wish Win7 Pro/Ultimate came with mid-level (i3/i5) laptops. I don’t want an expensive high end machine just for my work and Home Premium sucks as far as working in a domain environment is concerned. Failed strategy on the part of laptop vendors. :confused:
[/quote]

O/s is offered as per machine class / series.

1. Home entertainment series comes with windows 7 home basic or home premium.

2. Business class machines comes with windows 7 Professional.

3. Very High end machines comes with Ultimate.

For example HP Pavilion, Dell Inspiron etc are home entertainment machines, on the other hand Dell Latitude, IBM Thinkpad etc are Business class machines. There are many machines comes with dos, which are open, you can buy/install the o/s of your own choice.

So, select the machine as per your requirements.

p.s.

1. O/s is not the only difference between business class & home entertainment machines.

2. Home Entertainment Machines are referred as Consumer Class.

^

lol

you have to sale thats why you arguing.

^

I am not arguing, just putting the facts.

Here is what you do not get in windows Home.

^^ In addition why spend 100$ more when u can get pirated windows for 20 rupees…hehe :)
[/quote]

windows 7 also in pirated ??

^ Long live China :)

--