Laptops - iPod Touch 4g - iPhone 4 - Ipad Also Available now

After getting the approval from the Mod., I feel pleased to announce my website here i.e. http://IconSourcing.com

We deal in Laptops, doing business for past 8 years, have outlet in Karachi @ Clifton Centre, Ground Floor. We deliver Pakistan wide and by the grace of Al-mighty Allah, have satisfied clients in almost all major cities of Pakistan.

Please visit the site, any suggestions, ideas, queries or advise please feel free to contact as under:

by email: info@iconsourcing.com

website contact page: http://www.iconsourcing.com/pages.php?pageid=3

phone: 9221-3-5831171-2, 0321-2187000

@ Icon We Promise : Honest Dealings.

Addition on 22-October-2010

iPod Touch 4g - iPhone 4 - Ipad Also available now, for details please visit our website.

MSN Chat: icon-sourcing@hotmail.com

Wanted to offer special pricing for WP registered users, but mod didnt like the idea so I dropped it as well.

Addition on 19-January-2011

USED MacBook Pro in 15" & 17" are now available. Got different configs i.e.

o Core 2 Duo 2.2, 2gb ram, 120gb Hard Disk

o Core 2 Duo 2.4 2gb ram, 160gb Hard Disk

o Core 2 Duo 2.4 4gb ram, 250gb Hard Disk, 256mb nVidia.

Good to see another local store, and even more heartening to see the quote "We promise: Honest Dealings".

That said I was just curious... What is Icon Sourcing's general warranty policy? On the website, laptops do come with a local and international warranty which gives peace of mind until the customer runs into a problem. So i wanted to ask do you have your own repairing facility such as a lab and a qualified team of professionals? How long does it take the warranty claim to get processed? And does the customer have to pay for the freight for shipping abroad and back for repair in case of international warranty?

I am just curious because of a few bad experiences ordering a few expensive laptops from local online stores, which revealed that the local warranty was in fact a scam. There were no repairing facilities and a some what hidden chart was pasted in the office which read:

warranty for CD drive is 3 months, hard drive 15 days, and different for other components which left me wondering that what is the 2 year local warranty actually for? The body only? lol

Please don't take it as a criticism. It is just for the sake of judging service quality and informing others not to fall prey of the ordeal I had to go through!

Best of luck with your store! I hope you will avoid the mistakes others have committed!

Thanks for the reply, and the quote "We promise : Honest Dealings" is not just a jargon we actually mean it. We avoid false commitments and any intentional lies just for the sake of selling.

Re warranty: The concept of the warranty is misunderstood widely and may due to many false statements by the local sellers. I try to explain it here.

Local Warranty: If any one claims local warranty, it only means that the manufacturer (not the seller) is offering warranty services within Pakistan. In case of any claims you dont have to contact the seller but will go to the manufacturer's services outlet directly. Machine should accompany manufacturer's warranty card in this case. All parts are covered unless burnt or broken.

International Warranty: Means, the machine was not launched by the respective manufacturer in pakistan e.g. HP may have 100 models in DV6 model, HP pakistan wont import all of them but very few. Other importers then import them by their own and as HP Pakistan isnt involved so the machine carry international warranty. In case of claim, case varies but very few times it happens that machine is actually sent abroad for warranty claim. All is done locally. Most of sellers do charge for freight regardless they send the machine abroad or not. Everything is covered as well unless burnt & broken other then charger & battery.

We at ICON: do not charge for warranty claims what so ever. We also deal in laptop repairs and have our own lab setup with people to handle all kind of repairs.

Which warranty you should go for: Well, in all cases, Local warranty is better, but it costs you. Machines with local warranty are expensive then international warranty machines, reason is simple, margins adds up. You will get higher specs yet lower prices with international warranty and comparatively lower configs yet higher prices with local warranty.

Hope i was clear, yet any questions you may ask.

That seems quite reassuring and reasonable! I hope honesty becomes your USP which would steer you towards success.

Good Luck

Thanks but it really make you sadden when you guide someone really honestly and they still believe upon the lies market has to offer. Anyhow, we are content with what we are getting and Alhamdolillah have satisfied clients around Pakistan.

Yes that is very true, something that we at Pak Servers face very often. The reason is that our market dynamics are quite different from what you find abroad. In my observation mostly people do not pay attention to factors such as after sales support, quality and reliability. What they look for instead is cheapest and anything with the word free.

These becoming ingenious ploys used by the canny to lure people towards them and sell them low grade or defected products without backing them up.

Most people learn stuff the hard way!

Paying slightly more for a quality product saves you a lot of head ache and money, giving you the bang for your buck.

In my own experiences I have had many clients switch over to us after having experience with misleading companies and being thoroughly frustrated.

The deal is to treat the customer as a customer not merely with the intention to siphon his money. But do not worry if will take sometime to establish your goodwill. The key is to have high morals and operate honestly refraining from attaching any strings or frills! Take care of the customers you have and they will take care of you, spreading your reputation.

A satisfied customer means that you are successful!

True & Agreed too.

Agreed too.........

check out www.hafeez-centre.com for prices of mobile phones, laptops, iphone, PC and more

do you offer laptops on monthly installments ?

No sir, sorry but we dont deal in installments.

Its a nice concept! but your site doesn't look professional as you suggested that you are more than 8 years old in Laptops Business! the Portal should look something eye-catchy for the visitors

On your site, why the sony vaio models numbers are incomplete ?? ????????????????????????????

I tried to load your website few times (In last 1-1.5 hours or so) but it ended up with "Can not connect to host" error.

working fine here.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Yes that is very true, something that we at Pak Servers face very often. The reason is that our market dynamics are quite different from what you find abroad. In my observation mostly people do not pay attention to factors such as after sales support, quality and reliability. What they look for instead is cheapest and anything with the word free.
[/quote]

While true, the local market is changing. Heck, it’s already changed. Look at how much money the sellers competing solely on price make v.s those delivering service. There is a growing segment which cares about service, quality and reliability.

Years ago when Galaxy started listing prices online I switched over to them for the sole reason that I could at least see a fair price and all their products listed. Despite all their flaws, it was the only place I knew of for years which did that. They seem to have done really well out of that policy. I still haven’t found another local seller with such a comprehensive website. Although of course after buying from them for many years now I still can’t get Galaxy to reply to an email in time, so I’m still looking for better service.

So it’s good more computer stores are getting online! It’s about time! Next step - better websites!

Its a good resourceful website! but while browsing the websites i checked the rates of every single product is touch expensive that the market rates of leading store in Karachi

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Its a good resourceful website! but while browsing the websites i checked the rates of every single product is touch expensive that the market rates of leading store in Karachi
[/quote]

Without taking any names, some of leading stores tend to mislead people in many ways. I am not claiming that you will always get THE lowest price in market. We all know that prices vary a lot and sometimes on daily basis, but number of time it has happened that a client of us referred us a lower price in market and upon investigation it revealed that it was a different product.

Latest experience was from a leading store, where they mentioned “FREE LOCAL Warranty” which is misleading from the products which carry “Manufacturers Local Warranty”.

Any how, we try our best to keep our margin reasonable and try to guide and inform the client with complete honesty.