Laptop vs desktop pc

I was just going through their prices when i noticed that there's a huge difference in prices of the two. So i wanna know a few things.

1. Which has the better price to performance ratio??

2. What about the heat issue of both means which one runs cooler??

3. Which one is better for gaming, i know that desktop is easy capable of gaming but can laptop handle today's games???

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I was just going through their prices when i noticed that there’s a huge difference in prices of the two. So i wanna know a few things.

3. Which one is better for gaming, i know that desktop is easy capable of gaming but can laptop handle today’s games???

[/quote]

1) the desktop no doubt

2) It can go both ways but with a desktop there are many things u can do to keep it cool with a laptop theres not much

3) a laptop can handle games 2 but that will depend on how much u are willing to spend

I was just going through their prices when i noticed that there’s a huge difference in prices of the two. So i wanna know a few things.

3. Which one is better for gaming, i know that desktop is easy capable of gaming but can laptop handle today’s games???

[/quote]

1.Desktop

2.Desktop runs cooler but the cpu is still hot.

3.Desktop because hardcore gaming laptops are very expensive.

There are different type of laptops, low-end and high-end.

1. Most laptops come with 5400rpm hdds are low in performance when compared to desktops.

2. Laptops generally run hotter.

3. Desktops are better for gaming. Moreover, a 40k desktop will be rock-solid for gaming while a 70-80k laptop would hardly suffice.

well it depends on your use!

if you want to use it for gaming go for desktop!

coz it will be cheaper plus you can easily upgrade!

well this topic is pontless cuz there iz no comparison between dekstop and laptop.... both are unique and important in there own way....

and abt the price difference i dont think its bigg nowadays.... it use to be huge a few years back but now its almost the same.... if you want to chk go to alienware.com and design yourself both and ull c that the difference is not big...

I agree with sk90y. This is a no brainer. A laptop will be more expensive than a desktop offering equal and even higher performance. Reason being the various limitations of size and portability which the laptop has to be designed around. As a general guideline, if you won't be moving your computer around and it will never leave your desk then buy a nice desktop and save yourself a bundle!

well due to 5 hours a day loadshedding i am using my laptop furiously, i am doing all the downloading on my laptop, i just checked the system up time and its 1 day 2 hours and 23 minutes.

but thats only for loadshedding period, otherwise desktop is way better as every body is saying especially if you like to do gaming. good gaming laptop will cost you at least 100000+, but they increased the duty charges on all electronics again so that will also effect the prices.

if you looking for best performance and less heat back laptops then just look at HP Laptops

i have a HP dv6810 less heat good for game 2 GHz expandable ram 2 GB to 4 GB and great for game and every day use..most of my friends said with different notebooks we can't hold notebooks at our laps because its heats mostly Acer and Dell

most of my friends said with different notebooks we can’t hold notebooks at our laps because its heats mostly Acer and Dell
[/quote]

well wth the point of callin it a lap-top when you cant even put it on your lap… then its just anouther tablet pc…

Laptops/notebooks/portables are the future though, just as cellphones have all but driven the old landlocked sets to extinction.

..or, a more relevant parallel, how the room-filling mainframes of 30 years ago have been replaced by today's desktops.

Laptops/notebooks/portables are the future though, just as cellphones have all but driven the old landlocked sets to extinction.

…or, a more relevant parallel, how the room-filling mainframes of 30 years ago have been replaced by today’s desktops.

[/quote]

dude mainframes are still PARRALLEL and still can b room filling… it depends on the requirment…

although the power of one single unit has increased dramatically.