Laptop (Rs. 80,000 Lahore)

I want to buy a new laptop (willing to spend around 80,000 or little higher if i find a good deal) these are my minimum specs.

C2D >= 2.0 GHz

RAM >= 2GB

Battery Life (3 hr+), and charging time less than 2 hr.

It should be able to play HD (1080p) movies (will watch them on another monitor) and HD encoding.

I searched internet and found Acer Aspire 6930 but that wasn't available in Hafeez Center.

I have found two that meet above requirement at galaxy

Acer Aspire 6920

LG E500 (haven't heard anything about LG notebooks so am hesitant to buy one)

Has anyone used any of these and how was your experience, if you know any better laptop that are available please let me know.

One last thing, It should last at least 2 years, I will keep it running 24/7 (will only turn off screen when not using). The reason I am buying is load-shedding, i don't care about weight and portability.

Also how can i make sure that i get brand new laptop, have heard that most of the laptops sold as new are refurbished.

I have a 5920 G, it's perfect. You don't need anything else. No laptop will play 1080p though, well inside the Rs. 150,000 price range anyway. 720 is your best bet and at 15 inch or 17 you won't notice the difference at all.

You have not mentioned the GPU requirements, in your desired specs. Considering that you want to play High Definition movies, I think you do need a GPU. However I think laptops by design are not equipped to play high end graphics, such as required by a HD video. You may however consider buying a HP Pavillion series Notebook which is in the price range as you mentioned.

However if you want to exactly match your desired specs, I recommend buying a HP Compaq 6720s Notebook for a price in the range of PKR 60,000/-. Compaq 6720s comes installed with either 1 GB or 2 GB of RAM. The models available in Pakistan I think all have 1GB of RAM. However you can upgrade by buying additional 1GB memory.

This laptop is designed for the business class, and should suffice to the requirements of most computer users. It should also playback movies widely available on the internet with good results. However it does not have a dedicated GPU.

For more details please visit http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=3442832&prodTypeId=321957

Acer 5920G or 6920[G].

Screaming solid machine.

1080P HDTV Output, Blu-ray Disc Reader/DVD Burner, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600+ for under 1 lack = 5 out of 5 stars