Laptop Price suggestion

I'm getting a used HP NC6000 with following specifications.

# 1.6-GHz Pentium M processor, 2MB L2 cache

# 14-inch XGA (1024x768) TFT Display

# 64 MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9600

# 512x1 MB RAM

# 40 GB, 5400 RPM hard drive

# CD-RW / DVD-ROM combo

# Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG

# Blue tooth

# No bettery

# Operating System - Microsoft Windows XP Professional

I'm getting the charger and laptop looks clean to me. No such big scratches or anything. Only problem is that it works only with charger. Owner throw-ed the battery because it was useless and putting weight on it. lol So he didn't buy the new batteries.

Here are some pictures. Not the original pictures as I can't take pictures right now but took it from internet.

fyzw_200579113144_UYDxK0pEoaUZ.jpg

Do let me know If I should I buy this laptop. What are the possible upgrades as this will be my primary computer most of the time so I will definitely upgrade it.

Price suggestions please.....

Regards

around 15-18k max ...its battery will cost you something around 4-6k and that battery wont give u backup which original does

instead of upgrading this one , you should go for a mid-range performance laptop , if you are in islamabad i can arrange one for you

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

instead of upgrading this one , you should go for a mid-range performance laptop , if you are in Islamabad i can arrange one for you
[/quote]

Thanks but I’m not in isloo.

What other laptop should I go for. My budget is 20k.

By the way he is insisting to keep 512 ram and giving me 256. Should I go for that laptop ? Is it worth buying ? And I was expecting not more then 10k :(

Bump*

Sorry for bumping again but I need some real quick suggestions. :S

# 1.6-GHz Pentium M processor, 2MB L2 cache

# 14-inch XGA (1024x768) TFT Display

# 64 MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9600

# 512x1 MB RAM

# 40 GB, 5400 RPM hard drive

# CD-RW / DVD-ROM combo

# Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG

# Blue tooth

# No bettery

# Operating System - Microsoft Windows XP Professional

[/quote]

You didn’t mention for how much you are getting this? I think 15-18k is perfect price for this. 19k is just OK price for this. but 1st check why he throw battery (will new battery even work?). The reason he gave don’t satisfy me atleast!!

if by just changing 512 with 256MB if you can get it for 10k, then don’t go, but run for it. Buy it on spot!!

Oopss missed last line… well, if you are looking for upgrade then this isn’t worth it. Since, upgradation can cost you around 10-20k, and in that price you can get good condition dual core.

^ Thanks for the advice. Well He has 3 NC6000 and the guy is giving me both laptops for 20000. What you say ?

SMS me his number, I also want to buy his 3rd NC6000 for Rs.10,000/-.

Thanks.

i think 15k is fair price for that laptop ..

^ Thanks for the advice. Well He has 3 NC6000 and the guy is giving me both laptops for 20000. What you say ?
[/quote]

well, i already mention if you are looking for upgrade then it isn’t worth-it. But if you wana continue with this laptop for atleast 1 yr then you can buy it around 19k (Max), any thing less will be extra benefit. Also, if you are buying two laptops then i think you have some investment plans, then don’t go beyond 17k… since it will take some time you find right purchaser for this laptop. After all this HP, not Dell, which you could sell on spot.