Laptop or Computer ? Suggestions Needed

Hi guys,

Due to load shedding *hit I am looking to buy a laptop because I need consistency of work which due to load shedding I am not able to.

Should I buy a laptop or a UPS for computer ? Can a UPS for a computer give me back up of at least 2 hours ?

Suggestions are welcome :)

if you are lightweight computer user like facefcuk chats emails movies songs forums etc then you might go for netbook it gives pretty much battery backups or if you are in graphic designing gaming then chose some high end Laptops with greater Graphic chips

UPS is totally crap only some imported branded UPS works but those are quite expensive (and not suitable for our voltage system) its better to go for Laptop OR netbook

I do internet marketing, and I need a screen of around 15.6 or minimum 14" cause I need to stare at it the whole day almost ...

Thanks for the info about UPS

Underwent the same decision a few weeks back. Got a higher-spec laptop over a desktop. :)

[quote=“Asad, post:4, topic:15563”]

Underwent the same decision a few weeks back. Got a higher-spec laptop over a desktop. :)

[/quote]

Great, so where is the treat? :angry:

@Seomate, laptop off course, desktop computers these days are only for video games lovers, graphic designers, animators etc, for a guy doing internet marketing, even a Netbook is sufficient.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

I have new dug to more new choices .

1. A Brand new laptop

2. A Used Laptop (core 2 duo) but problem is used laptops are mostly fauly

3. netbook ( I love these but their screen size is very small :( )

[quote=“Seomate, post:7, topic:15563”]

Thanks for the suggestions :)

I have new dug to more new choices .

1. A Brand new laptop

2. A Used Laptop (core 2 duo) but problem is used laptops are mostly fauly

3. netbook ( I love these but their screen size is very small :( )

[/quote]

todays many netboook comes with hdmi out which you can connect your netbook to TV & Monitors for larger screen :lol:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

todays many netboook comes with hdmi out which you can connect your netbook to TV & Monitors for larger screen
[/quote]

But then there would be still the problem of connecting the monitor to a UPS :D

I think there is one thing that you should keep in mind if you're buying a laptop. In my experience all laptops develop problems 1-2 years down the line and need to be repaired for one problem or another. I don't know why that is but this is what happens. Maybe they're not designed for very heavy use. Desktops on the other hand will rarely ever give you a problem even if you squeeze the life out of them during 5 -10 years of use. Just my experience.

[quote=“Keanu, post:10, topic:15563”]

I think there is one thing that you should keep in mind if you’re buying a laptop. In my experience all laptops develop problems 1-2 years down the line and need to be repaired for one problem or another. I don’t know why that is but this is what happens. Maybe they’re not designed for very heavy use. Desktops on the other hand will rarely ever give you a problem even if you squeeze the life out of them during 5 -10 years of use. Just my experience.

[/quote]

True +Rep, but keeping the loadshedding point in mind, also the ever increasing costs of electricity desktops are not recommended.

I think there is one thing that you should keep in mind if you’re buying a laptop. In my experience all laptops develop problems 1-2 years down the line and need to be repaired for one problem or another. I don’t know why that is but this is what happens. Maybe they’re not designed for very heavy use. Desktops on the other hand will rarely ever give you a problem even if you squeeze the life out of them during 5 -10 years of use. Just my experience.
[/quote]

You are cent percent right

but keeping the loadshedding point in mind, also the ever increasing costs of electricity desktops are not recommended.
[/quote]

Yes, that is the problem … Actually, I can easily buy core 2 duo used for around 22K and mini Brand new. But for a new core i3 laptop I have to wait a little.

So in your recommendation, should I wait ? or should I buy core 2 duo used or mini