Laptop heatup and fan voice issue

It's summer here and my laptop fan turned on often how can i fix this issue? I think this is laptop heating issue, right?

i un-plug then for couple of minutes it works ok

Blower it well.

whats blower and how to do

Google how to clean laptop. Dust can block air vents and fans restricting air flow. If problem persist, get external laptop pad with fans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

[quote=“zainabali, post:, topic:”]

It's summer here and my laptop fan turned on often how can i fix this issue? I think this is laptop heating issue, right?

i un-plug then for couple of minutes it works ok

[/quote]

In what alternate universe do you live where there is summer in lahore on 17 january?

@topic

if you know how to open and repair electronics then read on, otherwise get the fan professionaly replaced

with dust and time, all internal fans become stiff, noisy and often slow.. therefore it is necessary to wash them throughly.. i do that with my psu Which become extremely noisy and vibrate and slow.. i disconnect them, and wash them in hot water with liquid cleaners and blow dry with airblower and then reinstall.. viola. dead silence and speed of cooling.

there are also better and new laptop fans available wich are easily just fitted in if you canot risk washing and drying and risking hazard with electrical equipment. just get a new fan replaced.

also, since you didnot mention, sometimes all a processor needs is a little bit of thermal compound to keep it fresh and cool again, but that is only something a laptop repair professional should do.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:5, topic:20690”]

In what alternate universe do you live where there is summer in lahore on 17 january?

[/quote]

Was about to say the same thing.

I think he means that his laptop fan is working overtime in winters... that happens due to to the reason there is no air circulation in the room (room fan is off). Turn on the room fan and see the laptop fan go quite in a while :) ... One would actually think that laptop will run cooler in winters, but that is not 'all' true, while it may run cooler for a while, but after sometime the air around the processor will gain temperature like it does in summer... the only thing that changes is that the air that was being circulated in the room because of the fan is not being in the winters.

Its summer in southern hemisphere

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Heatsink vents get blocked with dust over time. Once they are blocked, air won't pass through and laptop won't cool down easily, which will result in fan working harder than normal to keep the temperatures down.

So as a rule of thumb, i always disassemble my laptop once in a year and clean the heatsink vents and fan.

Just last week i did my brother's lappy.

Before

After

this is the bEST before and after surgery pic comparison i have ever seen .. :o :o :o :o

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:5, topic:20690”]

@topic

if you know how to open and repair electronics then read on, otherwise get the fan professionaly replaced

with dust and time, all internal fans become stiff, noisy and often slow.. therefore it is necessary to wash them throughly.. i do that with my psu Which become extremely noisy and vibrate and slow.. i disconnect them, and wash them in hot water with liquid cleaners and blow dry with airblower and then reinstall.. viola. dead silence and speed of cooling.

there are also better and new laptop fans available wich are easily just fitted in if you canot risk washing and drying and risking hazard with electrical equipment. just get a new fan replaced.

also, since you didnot mention, sometimes all a processor needs is a little bit of thermal compound to keep it fresh and cool again, but that is only something a laptop repair professional should do.

[/quote]

Completely agree with you there. On several occasions i have washed the Chassis/ Casing fans and PSU fan. However, for entry level users, this is a risky step :) What if they end up washing the entire unit.!!!

Anyhow, washing is very effective and also when you lubricate the fan with machine oil, it works flawlessly for months.

Now coming to the laptop topic, I, too, have run into similar issue. First time, i took the laptop to the retailer. He charged me 2,000 for a so-so service. However, i was keen enough to notice the entire mechanism. After one month! Yep, one month, the laptop started churning out whirring noise and it would get awfully loud and hot.

Here are 3 things that i did:

1) I disassembled the entire laptop at home and opened the fan bay. Cleaned it up, oiled it and reinstalled it.

2) Use blower ONLY when your laptop is open. Don't worry, the electronic components will not fly off or anything. If you are going to be blowing the blower through the heat vent while the laptop is closed, it will only be a temporary measure. The dust will clog somewhere inside the machinery and after 2 weeks or 3 weeks, the problem will come back.

3. Also buy a small laptop coolant. It is nothing special, just a big USB fan that sits at the bottom of your laptop. It is effective in keeping the temperature down, and in helping the laptop to avoid overheat because when you have the machine sitting on a flat surface, it gets warm quickly. The USB base fan not only creates a distance between the laptop base and the flat surface, but also provides extra air flow to keep things cool.

It has been 6 - 7 months and my laptop is silent. The temperature is within limit and things are going great.

PS: using a nozzle vacuum is a much better option than blowing air in..

if your laptop is heating UP just buy a cooling fan for it if you don’t want to open it and clean the fan .............

^ With such dirty and clogged fan, no external fan can do any magic unless one relocates to north pole.

USB Cooling fan is the best option for this problem. That Fan will provide the extra air flow for laptop and also maintain the temperature of your machine and it will help it to work smooth you can buy cooling fan From http://alazizonlie.com at discounted price.

Ensure to blow the dust from a distance if u are cleaning that way. I ripped apart my laptop's fan when i applied a pressurized air jet. It broke to pieces and they are still inside

My Desktop have loud noise of fans.its problematic.

^ change fans..!

No external USB fan can help you when internal situation is like this :D

Time to go in deep...

Good for another year :)