Laptop giving me shocks


#1

I have a HP dv2680ee, hardly 3 months old. Now its having a strange prblm. When i am using the computer,it smetimes gives me electric shocks (not much,just a pinch) from the right edge, just above the dvd drive. I cant find any scrapped paint in that area.So what might be wrong and what shud i do. it happens only when the notebook is plugged in.

9gv5hc.jpg


#2

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have a HP dv2680ee, hardly 3 months old. Now its having a strange prblm. When i am using the computer,it smetimes gives me electric shocks (not much,just a pinch) from the right edge, just above the dvd drive. I cant find any scrapped paint in that area.So what might be wrong and what shud i do. it happens only when the notebook is plugged in.

http://i27.tinypic.com/9gv5hc.jpg

[/quote]

the charger for ur notebook may not be grounded thats why u maybe gettin the shock


#3

it shouldn't happen

an earthing issue i guess


#4

Use a grounded cable.

It seems your laptop might not like you. Reformat and sell ASAP. ;):P


#5

I used to have this problem with the Notepal (The laptop cooler thing) whenever I plugged it in USB to get it powered. LoL. Could not figure out why. I just stopped using its fans. Notepal works even when its fan are not ON so I am cool with it.

As for your problem, umm, you have not faced any crashes or slow behavior from your system? If not then just sit on a carpet :P


#6

i also get shocks from my ipod when i plug it in my computer USB


#7

I can buy that "shocking" laptop any day :P


#8

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i also get shocks from my ipod when i plug it in my computer USB
[/quote]

Isolate their devices.


#9

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Isolate their devices.

[/quote]

i believe its an earthing problem with my computer that affects it


#10

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i believe its an earthing problem with my computer that affects it
[/quote]

Correct Sir… its the earthing problem

Midhat something might be wrong with ur power source where u plug in the adapter… mu suggestion is to use a servo-motor stabilizer. It lets the current flow properly and u wont get ‘shocked’ up again i hope.


#11

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i also get shocks from my ipod when i plug it in my computer USB
[/quote]

i too get shocks from the metal body of my cell phone when i plug in usb

it is really high shock but i heard that usb has only 5v current


#12

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i too get shocks from the metal body of my cell phone when i plug in usb

it is really high shock but i heard that usb has only 5v current

[/quote]

this happens when ur computer is not grounded

it happened to me to but the thing was i was gettin shocks from my audio ports


#13

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Correct Sir… its the earthing problem

Midhat something might be wrong with ur power source where u plug in the adapter… mu suggestion is to use a servo-motor stabilizer. It lets the current flow properly and u wont get ‘shocked’ up again i hope.

[/quote]

i am using a servo motor stabilizer and it happens with me too :)

try replacing your adapter


#14

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i too get shocks from the metal body of my cell phone when i plug in usb

it is really high shock but i heard that usb has only 5v current

[/quote]

well any electric shock feels too much to us