Laptop buying Suggestion?

well below are three LAPTOP models given with full detailed specs , i m in UCP and UCP this time getting feedback before introducing any one of them so according to you which one is better ?

ACER Extensa 5630.

Approximate cost.

Down Payment:Rs.9900/-.

24 installments: Rs.2920/- per month.

OR 12 installments: Rs.5230/- per month

Warranty: 2 yrs, Battery 1 yr.

Three months internship/training and issue certificates to 20 students who purchase Acer laptops, One Gold Medal for student who purchased Acer laptop and has highest score, One Acer cap with every laptop, Free 5000 hours of IT training (Windows, MS word, Excel & Power point).

DELL Vostro 1510.

Approximate cost.

Down Payment: Rs.9900/-.

24 installments: Rs.2940/- per month.

OR 12 installments: Rs.5270/- per month.

Warranty: 3 yrs, Battery 1 yr.

Free T-Shirt, Gold Medal One student.

TOSHIBA Satellite L300.

Approximate cost.

Down Payment: Rs.10700/-.

24 installments: Rs.3200/- per month.

OR 12 installments:Rs.5730/- per month.

Warranty: 2 yrs.

50% scholarship for 2 students for year 2009, Goldmedal with Rs. 10,000/- for one student for year 2009, Free 5000 hours of IT training (Windows, MS word, Excel & Power point).

buy dell

Apparently all three looks same. Now it depends that on which manufacturer you trust most.

Keep this in mind that if you are planning to run Vista on any of these laptops then you are going to add more RAM. As they have Core 2 processors, you can run 64-bit Vista, for that you should have 4 GB RAM.

My general observation is that in Pakistan, people go for looks of laptop rather than what's inside in it. That's why you should see them physically and the one that attract you most, buy that one.

One more thing, you should also consider the resale market of the laptop that you are going to select. In Pakistan, Dell and Acer has better sell-off price than Toshiba.

Don't rush. Wait for other wiredpakistan users to comment and help you make decision.

Good luck.

what is UCP? and are these available to outsiders on installement.

all are the same but dell got good reputation.

are you gonna buy on installments or up front.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

what is UCP? and are these available to outsiders on installement.
[/quote]

UCP… university of central punjab… i think nomi is doing BBA or MBA.

The Dell one has alot of issues

the build quality isnt so good like it literally is bendable most of its part are made from cheap plastic and the DVD drive in it plain sucks. Further more the same thing applies to the Screen overtime with use the hinges give up on you and eventually the screen cant hold up on its own.

I suggest you go with the Acer one

Hmmm...

if it was an option I would suggest you to go for a macbook, the newer models are just wow!

...but as you don't have an option, i would suggest you go for the Toshiba. sure it doesn't enjoy good after-sale here but you probably aren't gonna sell it in the next 4 or 5 years after such a heavy investment. i say so because toshiba's have, in my opinion, a very god reputation for building solid machines (incl laptops) and they look good too (of course not as good as the macbook :))

best of luck in whatever you choose.

i would say go for the toshiba one i have heard they are more durable/reliable and have a good repo because the others don't have a good repo :D

so no votes for ACER :)

what is ur budget ?

im with ACER Extensa 5630.

Toshiba is best,bcz my friend using that and its too good by work and looks smart shiny black,But i heard about Acer is better than others,

Anyway these prices for all of us ?? or just only for students ??

Toshiba is best,bcz my friend using that and its too good by work and looks smart shiny black,But i heard about Acer is better than others,

Anyway these prices for all of us ?? or just only for students ??

[/quote]

only for students of UCP ( University of central Punjab) PCBA/PICS :)

dell toshiba and acer build very bulky and Heater laptops i owned a hp 6700t less heat than others and very stylish also suitable for carry with

what are the market prices of these laptops???

The university must be taking interest on these laptops????

what are the market prices of these laptops???

The university must be taking interest on these laptops???

[/quote]

no interest at all for sure as we got laptop before from HP Compaq and got it too the price is very reasonable as we get it on installment and its interest free

^thats fantastic..my UET must give this opportunity to its students!!!!

Have u availed this opportunity yourself and which one u bought!!???

i vote for Acer!!