Laptop build quality discussion

Guys, I have been roaming on internet reading reviews about different brands and their series. But no solid information was I able to gather regarding the build quality comparison.

I am interested in purchasing a laptop for general purpose. I aim is for a laptop that would last me for around 4-5 years.

I also want to use it for some light gaming like League of legends, dota2 and stuff.

I have selected on the following few models. If anyone has some experience of anyone of them. Kindly share your experience with us.

I am interested in buy a core i5 base laptop. with discrete GPU. RAM and HD don't bother me.

Screen size 15"

1. Dell Inspiron 15 7537 (a bit expensive, also its i5 has WXGA screen instead of full HD present in i7 processor machine)

2. Dell Inspiron 15 5537

3. HP ProBook 450

4. HP pavilion (any model suggestion and comment regarding its quality)

5. Asus

6. Fujitsu

7. Dell Inspiron 15 7520 ( it was launched by dell in 2012, Is it still a good idea for me to buy a 2 year old laptop ???

I would suggest not to buy old 2012 tech.

what is your budget for the laptop you are looking for?

Sorry for late reply. I didnt receive an email about response from anyone on this thread.:o.

I am also reluctant to buying 2 year old laptop i.e. the 7520 inspiron. But i am also reluctant to buy a laptop that won't last me for atleast 2 to 3 years. It wont bother me if it won't be able to run the latest games of next year or 2. But it shouldn't start having hardware issues like keyboard lcd ports not working etc.

Anyways my range is 80,000 approx. can go upto 82,000 not more.

I have the HP envy, from 2013 but it blows anything "dell" out of the water even in 2014 and I got it for about 50k. Specs are in my sig.

[quote=“Ezee, post:, topic:”]

Guys, I have been roaming on internet reading reviews about different brands and their series. But no solid information was I able to gather regarding the build quality comparison.

I am interested in purchasing a laptop for general purpose. I aim is for a laptop that would last me for around 4-5 years.

I also want to use it for some light gaming like League of legends, dota2 and stuff.

I have selected on the following few models. If anyone has some experience of anyone of them. Kindly share your experience with us.

I am interested in buy a core i5 base laptop. with discrete GPU. RAM and HD don't bother me.

Screen size 15"

1. Dell Inspiron 15 7537 (a bit expensive, also its i5 has WXGA screen instead of full HD present in i7 processor machine)

2. Dell Inspiron 15 5537

3. HP ProBook 450

4. HP pavilion (any model suggestion and comment regarding its quality)

5. Asus

6. Fujitsu

7. Dell Inspiron 15 7520 ( it was launched by dell in 2012, Is it still a good idea for me to buy a 2 year old laptop ???

[/quote]

so whats the big deal you have to check this site they'll help you in choosing rite laptop for you

http://cabnet.pk/

check it out if you need

All the laptops are same quality the only difference in between brands is warranty coverage and tech support... That's why in some regions hp dell could be popular and in some regions toshiba acer.... Being in Pakistan you must chose hp dell because they have workshop in here and parts/accessories are easily available for laptops...

From what I have seen, the Probook has better build quality than any of the other ones you mentioned. Sure the probook is not the best looking laptop around, their build seems more solid than Inspiron, Asus etc. I would not rate fujitsu, asus anywhere on the top. Inspiron seems just OK.

NEVER go for pavilion.

Always go for business series models . Usually expensive but can withstand alot more.

[quote="EngineBlock, post:7, topic:21109"]

From what I have seen, the Probook has better build quality than any of the other ones you mentioned. Sure the probook is not the best looking laptop around, their build seems more solid than Inspiron, Asus etc. I would not rate fujitsu, asus anywhere on the top. Inspiron seems just OK.

[/quote]

Absolutely right bro. Looks would only be noticed for a week or so. A solid build is what matters.Also opt for extended keyboad setup( with numlock keys). They can be of great help.

If you want absolute best build quality and reliability, get Lenovo ThinkPad series.

They're military standard tested rugged laptops. Top of the line stuff, not for average user.