I have PTCL Landline connection which I currently use for residential purposes. I also have 2MB Broadband DSL along with it.
I am thinking of using Zong's 4G connection along with a mobile application to make and receive calls. Before that, I've tried using PTCL SmartLink app, but it's very sketchy and not reliable, plus it was last updated by PTCL in April 2015. So, I'm thinking of making my own solution, which is a bit more reliable.
So, these the things I would be using (Everything is registered under my name and cnic.):
1) FXO Gateway : To connect my traditional PSTN with SIP.
2) Bria mobile VOIP application for call handling.
3) Active DSL connection : for forwarding call via SIP
4) PTCL Landline : to forward calls to FXO gateway
5) Smartphone with 3G/4G enabled : to receive calls
So, my FXO gateway is routing all of the incoming calls to SIP address in my phone. I am using callcentric to receive inbound calls on my mobile phone via Bria mobile app as theirs is the only one working. Not to my surprise, it's working a lot better than PTCL's app. Battery drainage is still an issue because app would have to be kept on in background to keep the connection alive.
So basically, I wanted to know if I can use this kind of setup for my personal usage?