LAN setting Issue between 2 PCs

I have two pc one is branded and another in unbranded, My main pc which i mostly use is branded P4 and i am using PTCL DSL now i want to connect both pc with one DSL.

I get cross cable but my branded pc has no port for inserting cross cable in it. Then some ppl here suggested me i should select lan switcher, i have no idea how it will work or after getting lan switcher how i will setup LAN connection between two pc. Now do i need to send this pc to someone who can setup LAN in it. (which pc will go)

It will much better if u will suggest me a way in which i can use cross cable.

This lan switcher is 4 port http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:fECbtkMJKF-NoM:http://files.ip-phone-forum.de/foschi/horstbox%2520standard/IMG_0024.jpg and its like my DSL modem.? ZTE 831 series blue color.

u dont need any setin, its plug n play...

as i said in http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=97541#p97541 u will just conect all three thins 1st pc + 2nd pc + ur ptcl with simple cat5e cable with 100mbps pairing....

n yeah i forgot.....

7942538_48903e3585.jpg

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

n yeah i forgot…

7942538_48903e3585.jpg

[/quote]

Google is my friend but i do not like networking so much and i need this done urgently since morning its 2nd hour in which electricity is present.

u dont need any setin, its plug n play…

as i said in http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=97541#p97541 u will just conect all three thins 1st pc + 2nd pc + ur ptcl with simple cat5e cable with 100mbps pairing…

[/quote]

What is cat5e cable and 100mb pairing in cat5e? btw 1000 rs is not low for me.

What is cat5e cable and 100mb pairing in cat5e? btw 1000 rs is not low for me.

[/quote]

u in khi right???

u can get 2nd hand switches in coprative market… cat5e is type of cable u will ask d dukandar… or u can just go to the near by local cable wala and ask him to make three straight wires…

here is the 100mbps pairing

cat5_color.gif

this is the pairing we setup in the small rj-45 clip… u know the one which goes into ur lan card n look like telephone one… but no need worry abt tht cuz i dont think u have the playyer do to it its better to go to your local cable wala…

if u dont want to buy a switch u will make one of ur pc a server… u will need two lan cards for tht… it will work like this…

modem --> 1st pc --> 2nd pc

but tht wud be too difficult 4 u and even if u achive thet u will need both pcs turned on every time u need to use the net on the second one…

my option buy a switch… n ask any local cable wala or any near by computer shop to make you two pair of straight cables. u already have one which probably ptcl provided with your modem…

This lan switcher is 4 port http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:fECbtkMJKF-NoM:http://files.ip-phone-forum.de/foschi/horstbox%2520standard/IMG_0024.jpg and its like my DSL modem.? ZTE 831 series blue color.
[/quote]

no this is not a lan switch the picrue is of a wifi router which also has 4 lan port built in…

simple lan switch looks like this 10_100M_Ethernet_Switch_Hub.jpg

hey btw does your modem has usb out?? if yes then your life will become easy… you can connect one pc with usb and other with normal lan…

hey btw does your modem has usb out?? if yes then your life will become easy… you can connect one pc with usb and other with normal lan…

[/quote]

it will b sumthin like this:

no this is not a lan switch the picrue is of a wifi router which also has 4 lan port built in…

simple lan switch looks like this 10_100M_Ethernet_Switch_Hub.jpg

[/quote]

How to check ? my ptcl dsl modem has only on/off button , ethernet, and splitter ports in it and ethernet port is going in my branded pc USB port ( i think so, its attach where USB port is neighbour of ethernet port.)

No i am from LAHORE

u in khi right???

u can get 2nd hand switches in coprative market… cat5e is type of cable u will ask d dukandar… or u can just go to the near by local cable wala and ask him to make three straight wires…

here is the 100mbps pairing

cat5_color.gif

this is the pairing we setup in the small rj-45 clip… u know the one which goes into ur lan card n look like telephone one… but no need worry abt tht cuz i dont think u have the playyer do to it its better to go to your local cable wala…

if u dont want to buy a switch u will make one of ur pc a server… u will need two lan cards for tht… it will work like this…

modem --> 1st pc --> 2nd pc

but tht wud be too difficult 4 u and even if u achive thet u will need both pcs turned on every time u need to use the net on the second one…

my option buy a switch… n ask any local cable wala or any near by computer shop to make you two pair of straight cables. u already have one which probably ptcl provided with your modem…

[/quote]

1000 Rs is not a big money but way must be easy because i do not have info. about networking (i’m girl) and no interest in it but basic info is necessary.

So i will get LAN Switcher but why i need two pair straight cable? [ARE u talking about that ethernet cable which is going in pc USB Port? where these cable will use?

After getting LAN Switcher and 2 cables i just need to plug modem and pc or anything else.

(i’m girl)
[/quote]

not a good enough exuse… lmao…

usb cables are differnt from lan cables…

usb cables look likes this:

USB.GIF

lan cables (ethernet cables) looks like this:

rj45xover.jpg

if your modem does have usb + lam connectivity then u can use usb for one and ethernet for anouther pc…

if not you will need to buy an ethernet switch with 3 ethernet/lan cables

one for modem to switch conectivity

one for switch to the 1st pc

one for switch to the 2nd pc…

ARE u talking about that ethernet cable which is going in pc USB Port
[/quote]

there are no such things as usb to ethernet net port (i think) but anyways even if they are they arent your requirment…

I get lan cable and connected two pcs but see when i start 2 pc at once ( just turning power on) modem dsl ethernet light goes off or start blinking.

Turning one computer shut down does not work if i will unplug one pc then ethernet light will be stable and another one will start browsing.

I also check cabling is perfect and working in case any one pc is off , i also check power supply by using diff switches.

hey Sky90y tell me how to set Ips if i want to use more then i pc for ptcl dsl, manual configuration required.

guys, i bought ptcl evdo usb and now i wan a pc2pc networkng. i also bought cat5 wire of requird length(120 feet). i dont know abt routers.plz sugest me whethr i should buy a switch also or i can get consistent speed with only wire. remembr,im gettng 60-70KBps downld speed on one pc. m worryng that after networkng,speed would drop.

thanks in advance