Lahore twin blasts

LAHORE: Several people are feared dead as a result of twin blasts in Lahore, eyewitnesses said. The death of 12 people has been confirmed so far.

One blast occurred at Lahore model Town Block-F near to Bilawal House and residence of Lahore City Nazim Amir Mehmood. The other blast occurred at FIA Office near Mayo hospital at Temple road.

According to the preliminary investigation it was suicide attack at FIA Office. The attack occurred at about 9:20AM.

Over 15 bodies and dozen

SOURCE: GEO TV/WEBSITE

Blasts were so powerful that I heard them at home almost 8 to 10 km away. It was scary. Don't know who the hell are these people. One easy response is to blame extremist talibans but last week our interior minister raised finger towards India & United State for these blasts. India's ambition is to destabilize things in Pakistan and America's purpose is to make sure Pakistan's continuous involvement in so called 'war on terrorism'.

Today Australian Cricket Team finally canceled its tour to Pakistan declaring Pakistan an unsafe place.

In eight golden years, we earned this image for our country.

i was sleepin and booom my window shaken lyk hell oh man why us why us what we did to deserve this why they bomb their self by not hurting anybody damn bombers

Damn #$%# !

Its very sad. :(

These blasts are very powerful.I live in Cantt, Lahore and i was able to hear them.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Blasts were so powerful that I heard them at home almost 8 to 10 km away. It was scary. Don’t know who the hell are these people. One easy response is to blame extremist talibans but last week our interior minister raised finger towards India & United State for these blasts. India’s ambition is to destabilize things in Pakistan and America’s purpose is to make sure Pakistan’s continuous involvement in so called ‘war on terrorism’.

Today Australian Cricket Team finally canceled its tour to Pakistan declaring Pakistan an unsafe place.

In eight golden years, we earned this image for our country.

[/quote]

This is exactly what is wrong with this country. Blame everyone one else, but yourselves. Before you point the figure at those outside of the country, take a look at those who constitute the Pakistani population. We lack civility. Blame India, blame America, blame the Taliban, after all, blaming them has only got us to the place we are now.

Open your eyes and ears; think critically.

This is exactly what is wrong with this country. Blame everyone one else, but yourselves. Before you point the figure at those outside of the country, take a look at those who constitute the Pakistani population. We lack civility. Blame India, blame America, blame the Taliban, after all, blaming them has only got us to the place we are now.

Open your eyes and ears; think critically.

[/quote]

Yes, i agree with your opnion.

^^ Honesty starts at home. Be honest to yourself to start the process of getting out of trouble.

@Asad

Exactly. People need to take a hard look at themselves in the mirror before preaching to others. Hypocrisy, is the biggest ailment of this nation; the various political parties fight for democracy, but they depend upon the vaderas for their political strength. These are the same vaderas (feudal lords) who benefit from poverty, illiteracy and backwardness that collectively defines the antithesis of modern democracy. The paradoxical situation boggles the mind.

What's worse is that the educated, the supposedly enlightened classes still go out and vote for the very same individuals. These are the same masses which, conveniently, decry the continued hypocrisy of each successive regime.

The root of Pakistan's problems does not lie in the people or the system, it lies in both. Do we have any individual in this country who is willing to politically slit their own throats and their pockets without asking for the world in return? The concept of sacrifice, the concept of caring for others have been long lost in this country. We do little but pay lip service to the tenants of civility.

A tragedy indeed for a country that was birthed with such pain, founded on a basis of a religion which holds these concepts in such high regard. You can almost taste the bitter, gray irony of our state.

On the same forums it was discussed in detail and most of us already spoke our minds out about this. And it is believed that we (I if someone object) understand where we lack and where we worth. We know our problems. We criticize ourselves. We try to rectify ourselves. It is very clear to members (at least to old members) of this forum because we analyzed in full detail the whole phenomena going around us. On this esteemed forum, all of us have some superiority over the masses because we are learned people. We browse around different sources of knowledge. So when something is said here... try to negate it with arguments. Don't please undermine the collective wisdom of us.

Now come to the lines, I wrote above. United States is no doubt a super force in the world. Even an ordinary government official can't speak carelessly about US. So if Minster of Interior said something strange about US, it surely shows some thing is cooking behind. It might be soft alert to US. US embassy was quick to respond and they issued a statement denying Minister's statement and then contacted the Minister personally for clarification. We, the students of international relations, take our lines from these diplomatic reactions. These are sometime pressure tactics and sometime real warnings that we know what you are doing in our backyard.

Explained just bcz it seems someone took my brief lines as a 'chaney wala's comments'.

23 people have been expred in the bomb blast in lahore(updated info)

@Raza

Your second post definitely have some valid points.

Two things:

(1) Civility requires humility; we have little. Let's get real about who, where and why we are here. Answer those questions and then decide what needs to be done. I believe the Pakistani identity, as of yet, remains unresolved. Define yourselves as people, your goals, your needs and then we can talk about progress.

(2) We, the members of this group are not enlightened or a cut above the rest, on the basis of education. What we are is informed. I truly believe that if you are able, in an unbiased fashion, present the facts and issues of the current situation to anyone, even the 'chaney wala', he too will come to the same conclusion. We have failed miserably in this venture. The 30 "news" channels on television have failed miserably in this endeavor.

Listen. Watch. Think. Think. Think. Speak. Repeat, rise and dry.

Quite sad the blasts today. The shock wave of the blasts was so intense that my windows were shaking and the noise was just like a loud rumble before a big earthquake. And I live in DHA 8 kms away from the blast site.

This is really affecting women and children. Things are only going to get worse from here. Did I mention how a friend working for the MI told me who these guys are and how are they trained ?

@Abbas

Please do tell!

@Raza

The way you speak... I am impressed. I like people doing reasoning. But digging the reality to a level where people become 'naturist' is not adequate. 'Who, where and why we are' is the biggest question of one's life but in any case you can not tell absolutely what needs to be done because of extremely dynamic nature of life. You devise one solution today and tomorrow parameters will change. Life ends but need to rectify things never ends. This is the way it is.

I seriously believe that if we make our tone a bit optimistic and positive then there is a lot we can do. You can speak a lot and so can I. You can not convince me neither can I At such a point one comes out in an endeavor to shift things from one place to another. Because elders say 'If you are not left with anything positive start shifting things from here to there and soon you will get a positive which will lead you to the final good'. That is why educated people come out to vote. Their decision may be wrong but at least they did something practical instead of writing blogs like me.

When we give definitions to things, it mostly depends on our power to look into it and the place from where we are looking at it. It is hard to give a true definition of anything whether it is enlightenment, education or impartiality. All we can do is define things with a frame of reference. I am stick to this rule.

You very rightly emphasized on thinking. I also have the same opinion that instead of debating (like college teens do) we should think and analyze things as per available frames of references and bring out a solution from within. Rejecting the whole universe won't reap anything.

Quite sad the blasts today. The shock wave of the blasts was so intense that my windows were shaking and the noise was just like a loud rumble before a big earthquake. And I live in DHA 8 kms away from the blast site.

This is really affecting women and children. Things are only going to get worse from here. Did I mention how a friend working for the MI told me who these guys are and how are they trained ?

[/quote]

Yeah, my house windows were shaking too (I live in Cantt, Lahore).

sad :\

@ahmadnaveed

I completely agree that optimisim and forward thinking is critical to societal and cultural progress, however, we *must* first establish where we are as a nation (people) and a country (state) before we start talking about where we want to go and where we want to be.

I think the most significant problem Pakistan has is that, we never really thought (collectively, individually) about who we are as a people, what are aspirations and most perhaps most importantly, where we are today (then and now).

You can plot a path to success or lay the ground work for progress without taking inventory of ourselves, today. We *must* realize that as great as the trappings of modernity are (and we do all enjoy them), that the majority of country is still starving and struggling. It is not progress for Pakistan for 10-20% of its citizens to open more malls, drive better cars, enjoy better food and become more learned while the majority struggle and starve. If anything, what we define as "progress" is social regression in the form class polarization.

I am not a dyed in the wool Pakistani, in fact, the past two years is the only real time I have spent in Pakistan so I may be come across as preaching and naive, but I think there is something fundamentally wrong with how the progress is taking place in this country. Until, we, and by we I mean Pakistanis, all build some consensus on who we are and where we need to go, this angst will continue and only result in violent acts like those we witnessed today.

Does it not blow your minds to realize that we have *every* possible fruit of modernity available in this country yet we cannot walk the streets without constant fear of muggings, kidnappings, bombings etc..? At what cost is this progress coming? The poor are getting poorer, the middle classes are spending themselves into debt and rich are getting richer.

Some times, in between black outs, bombings, assassinations and strikes, I ask myself, "Raza, how would you start fixing this country?" and for all my ideas I have no idea where to start. So criticize as I might the politicians and drudgery of the regimes past and present, I have no answers to the questions I pose.

Roosevelt said we have nothing to fear but fear itself and this is perhaps the mind set we need to achieve. I know for one, I, have yet to reach it.

Edit: I hate the fact I have taken this entire topic completely off its intended course. Let me say this, I live in Karachi and although I live hundreds of kilometers away from Lahore, every time I hear of such atrocities, the windows and walls of my mind shake in unison with your fears and hearts. My condolences go out to the victims of yet another unnecessary tragedy.

Edward R Murrow said "No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices." Take it to heart, first shed your tears for those who are no longer with us, then rouse your anger against who perpetrate these inhumane acts. This is anger justified. This is national pride.