Kitten help ! :)

Im a new kitten owner :P. Had bought 2 kittens and they are now 3 months old. If anyone else has kittens as their pets please answer the following questions..

When and how many times do i need to get my kitten vaccinated? Where in karachi can i take them for vaccination? I've never taken these kittens to the vet before and have had them for around a month.

Secondly, Please point me to some pet shop in karachi where i can get a proper traveler cage for my kittens? Also i need to buy a proper litter box as well.. How much would these cost?

Thanks !

Go to : Pakistan Animal Welfare Society webpage http://pawspakistan.org/

And join their Facebook page, you will get all the information in the world their really helpful bunch of people.

I thought we had already recommended Dr. Isma Gheewala on 26th Street? Haven't you taken them yet? She will give you a vaccination card for the kittens, and the schedule of vaccinations. Dont know about a travellers cage, but you can get a plastic basket which can be locked for the kittens - available in the market. as for the litter box, any plastic tub would do. -- Easy to clean.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I thought we had already recommended Dr. Isma Gheewala on 26th Street? Haven’t you taken them yet? She will give you a vaccination card for the kittens, and the schedule of vaccinations. Dont know about a travellers cage, but you can get a plastic basket which can be locked for the kittens - available in the market. as for the litter box, any plastic tub would do. – Easy to clean.
[/quote]

Which market?

And yeah, I had to go to Isma Gheewala but got a little busy and forgot all about it. Anyway, Do you need to make an appointment with her or you can just take your pets to her?

could help u if u in pujnab provience.

better to call before... sometimes they don't have the vaccine and then it will be a wasted trip.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

[

Which market?

[/quote]

I think he’s talking the same 26th street market

try the TURBO plastic shop. I think they should have the baskets and the tubs.

http://www.myoffstreet.com/Photo/712

I went to badar commercial today to buy some stuff for the kittens.. The prices were too high ! A travelling cage for 4000rs ? :o.. Clippers for 800 Brush for 550 :|

Any other pet shops?

if you are travelling with your kitty i would recommend you to buy the picnic basket available at usual plastic shops. This eid me and my family were going to lahore for a month or so nd we took our Cat and her 3 two weeks old kittens by air in tht picnic basket... It went alryt.. and we even brought one kitten back to khi in tht same basket :)

I asked many shops about the pet carrier cage in my area but cud not find one.. the basket costs only Rs 400-500

Hope this helps. Here is a link to Karachi pet stores and vets w/addresses and phone numbers. Call ahead for prices

http://www.karachisnob.com/pet-stores-veterinarians-karachi.htm

as i suggested earlier, the plastic (picnic) basket will do just fine. no need to spend Rs.4000 on a cage! prices ARE too high for pet stuff, unnecessarily so. You can buy a normal bristle brush from the market for them. as a new pet owner, i guess you are wanting to do the best for them, and want to s p e n d -- but you know, people stuff will do just as well on them :) !

go to the url below, you can see the type of basket i am talking about, its the first (red) one. it is available in the market, also do try the Turbo shop.

http://www.indiaplasticproduct.com/plastic-baskets.html

^^ Na the basket in stores is prettier and with less fancy designs than the one in the above link.. i hav a red one aswell :)

i attached the pic just so that he'd know what we are talking about -- he seems to be at a loss otherwise :)

Thanks !

Also another question.. What to do about the litter sand? I bought the litter sand from the supermarket and its pretty darn expensive.. 450rs per bag.. and the bag lasts like around 1-2 weeks. So i end up spending 1-1.5k only on litter sand per month.Is there any cheap alternative to kitty litter?

I have this plastic tub full of sand which i borrowed from the main road's greenbelt :D.. Yes borrowed cuz im gonna return it back to the not-so-green belt when it is full with nutrients left by my kitty ;D.. (now this is a genuine example of being a gud citizen and makin ur city green)

However a friend of mine had trained his cat to do his stuff in dere own toilet loo (the floor ones im talking about.. not the 'camode?' ) , which i think is gross.. ba u can train ur kitten for that by taking her to the flush [by hand] whenever she is doing it sumwhere else...

the only difficult part here is to train ur cat to flush the toilet by herself ;D

i wouldn't advise sand as it has a lot of other insects and sometimes yr kittens could get bitten or worse... my sisters cat got some strange rash when she was using sand --- but then again, its a matter of choice. you can, however, prolong the use of the kitty litter -- keep it in the sun to remove any odours, throw out the 'used' bits -- but, like i said, it's your choice.

Finally took my kittens to Isma Gheewala. Shes a nice lady. Small shop though, There were lots of other pets there aswell.

Congratulations! :)