Kindly suggest me better DVD Drive for ma PC

AOA ..

friends i wish to purchase a DVD drive for ma PC .. kindly suggest me the better Brand and do mention its price ...

Looking forward for Rapid Response ...

Regards ..

ASUS DVDROM 18X E818A Rs1575

SAMSUNG DVDROM 16X SH-D162C/RSBP Rs1500

At http://galaxy.com.pk/

Nothing's better than Asus IMO. Sony, Samsung, Creative all crap out soon. Asus keeps on running. Google which model though, some are better than others.

Thank you very much friends ....

you should get a dvd writer... not a ROM as there are many cds these ROMs cannot read but the writers can... and ofcourse you can write as well...

^yes it's a better option.. only spend a few hundred rupees more and get a DVD writer

go for ASUS all da way!

They keep on running where others give up.

I would like to share one thing here. I bought some software DVD recently, but it didn't work. The problem was that my PC could not copy the contents of that dvd(http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=65627#p65627). I checked that dvd with 3 DVD-roms. Two DVD-roms (Sony DVD writer and Benq Combo) and one in my HP laptop. but unsuccessful.

I was surprised when one of my friend copied the data from the same DVD, through the same model of Sony dvd writer(4 years+ used) he got at his home! :o

Does it mean that my 3 DVD-roms have weaker lens power as compared to my friend's one?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I would like to share one thing here. I bought some software DVD recently, but it didn’t work. The problem was that my PC could not copy the contents of that dvd(http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=65627#p65627). I checked that dvd with 3 DVD-roms. Two DVD-roms (Sony DVD writer and Benq Combo) and one in my HP laptop. but unsuccessful.

I was surprised when one of my friend copied the data from the same DVD, through the same model of Sony dvd writer(4 years+ used) he got at his home! :o

Does it mean that my 3 DVD-roms have weaker lens power as compared to my friend’s one?

[/quote]

This happens with me as well,some time a software dvd does not work in my Toshiba laptop’s dvd writer while the same dvd works fine on Sony Dvd writer in my desktop.

Are software dvds also region locked like the movies dvds?

well this due to extremely substandard cds or dvds...

i have just bought HP Super drive for 2200 , its got , but the only drawback as compare to Asus super drive is that Hp makes a lot of noise just like i m driving a truck ,while asus super drive is totally quite but its price is 2800 in hafeez center lahore

i also want to buy not only DVD but which also writes.what its price.

Go for ASUS only.

I have two drives in my pc, ones a samsung combo drive and the other an asus dvd writer, i actually had 2 samsung optical drives before and both would always be stuck and wouldnt open unless u use a pin which is very annoying. I replaced one with asus dvd writer and it hasnt given any problems till now,its almost a year old.

@1y2w

dvd writers cost about rs.2000-2500.

Go for Asus or if you're buying combo drive then go for LG.

go for SONY

i'm using Sony DRU-840A DvD-RW+ very reliable....

got for 2500