KESC's electric shock for citizens in form of arrears

"Sources told Daily Times that consumers received inflated electricity bills with an increase ranging between Rs 7,000 to Rs 30,000 in the second week of June, without prior information or notice by any KESC department."

"Another consumer Asif Mehmood told this scribe that he received Rs 15,000 in arrears without any notice from the KESC. He visited the nearest IBC, where one KESC employee demanded bribe to 'fix his bill'."

http://dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010\06\17\story_17-6-2010_pg12_9

Prior notice was there when NEPRA approved it. These arrears are to be billed in installments.

I am in a fix because ground floor of my house is rented out. Last tenant left in Feb. New tenant refused to pay these arrears. Now I will be paying for what I didn't consume. You can feel my pain. :(

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Prior notice was there when NEPRA approved it. These arrears are to be billed in installments.

I am in a fix because ground floor of my house is rented out. Last tenant left in Feb. New tenant refused to pay these arrears. Now I will be paying for what I didn’t consume. You can feel my pain. :(

[/quote]

you should ask for a security deposit from the current tenant incase something like this happens again

It's the end of the fiscal year and they need to show the people that they have the money which they've actually stolen or whatever, I guess that's why they're overcharging.

6-17-2010_35063_1.gif

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

you should ask for a security deposit from the current tenant incase something like this happens again

[/quote]

It doesn’t happen that way. Security Deposit is reimbursed once premises is vacated and utility bills are paid. Here its NEPRA’s fault who took 10 months to decide for an increase. Bloody red tape bureaucracy. Wish we could offer hem red carpet funeral.

just got my electric bill they added arrears 12000 bucks!!

:-o Despite SHC stay orders. Strange!