Kesc expects a profit of 2.15 billion in the current financial year

http://tribune.com.pk/author/105/faseeh-mangi/

KARACHI:

The Karachi Electric Supply Company (KESC) has projected that it will switch to a profit regime in the outgoing financial year after a gap of five years. Despite all problems surrounding the company, a profit of Rs2.15 billion is estimated for financial year 2011, more than the total amount the company made in the last ten financial

years.

The power distributor witnessed a profit only twice in the last twelve years. Moreover, it took the controversial new management of Abraaj Capital less than three years to switch it into a profit making company. The financial statement for the outgoing year has still not been announced. The company sees its profits swelling seven folds to Rs14.1 billion in the current financial year 2012.

extreme loadshedding helped them. They have not been running any thermal powered power generator to avoid Loss.

thats good for people of karachi. I wish the same for gepco,lesco,fesco, iesco etc etc.

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:3, topic:15177”]

thats good for people of karachi.

[/quote]

How?

I hope better profits will lead the company to produce better and one day karachi "might" become loadshedding free, but i've lost the hope for rest of pakistan in terms of electricity. :)

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:3, topic:15177”]

thats good for people of karachi. I wish the same for gepco,lesco,fesco, iesco etc etc.

[/quote]

IESCO is already earning profit.

Its time to privatize it as sooner or later it will also become another KESC.

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:5, topic:15177”]

I hope better profits will lead the company to produce better and one day karachi “might” become loadshedding free, but i’ve lost the hope for rest of pakistan in terms of electricity. :)

[/quote]

considering all the electricity being stolen and unpaid bills (gov institutions) its surprising they aren’t running at a loss. i think load shedding is their golden goose, especially in areas where there’s a lot of theft.

i sincerely doubt we’ll see an end to load shedding anytime soon, unless of course they incrementally triple the current electric tariff.

[quote=“Ahmsun, post:5, topic:15177”]

I hope better profits will lead the company to produce better and one day karachi “might” become loadshedding free, but i’ve lost the hope for rest of pakistan in terms of electricity. :)

[/quote]

Well… i don’t see that happening anytime soon, but i must say, i like the thought of that. B)

in last 5 years there were no plants built by kesc nor upgraded, what they are talking about is their own profit interests. nice but you cant make us fool anymore.

[quote=“Sumair, post:9, topic:15177”]

in last 5 years there were no plants built by kesc nor upgraded, what they are talking about is their own profit interests. nice but you cant make us fool anymore.

[/quote]

IMO every bill we pay, we are made fool yet another time.

Unfortunately we don’t have any other viable option.

[quote=", post:10, topic:15177"]

[/quote]

we do have viable options, problem is no one wants to rock the boat with holes in it.

[quote=", post:10, topic:15177"]

[/quote]

we do have viable options, problem is no one wants to rock the boat with leaks in it.

Thats nice. I think the only way to end electricity theft is to keep the electricity wires underground. All the civilized cities of the world have done that.