KESC Excess Bill Issue

From last 3 months, KESC sending me excess billing. We usually get average billing of 1000-1500 but from last three months, they are sending bills of Rs 5000+, we have paid bill of last two months, but it seems they have decided to torture us.

I checked my meter reading, it is 500 units less than the units written on my bill. I complaint to 118 but they said they don't deal billing issues, go to local kesc office. but Local kesc office is closed due to Union issues... Can anyone suggest me what to do?

Do you have sufficient/recorded proof of excess billing?

I can show my previous bills, and Meter is the biggest proof...

[quote="Faisal, post:2, topic:14964"]

Do you have sufficient/recorded proof of excess billing?

[/quote]

@ ImtheKiller

From the past couple of months KESC workers have been on strike if you look at your bill closely you will see

Remarks - "Meter Not Read"

they are billing customers on average basis and not by meter reading...

"Meter Not Read" was mentioned in last month's bill only. and this is no reason you can send huge amount of bill in the name of union strike.

[quote="highway, post:4, topic:14964"]

@ ImtheKiller

From the past couple of months KESC workers have been on strike if you look at your bill closely you will see

Remarks - "Meter Not Read"

they are billing customers on average basis and not by meter reading...

[/quote]

If the KESE staff is not helping you is on strike, that's not your problem. You should take it to court with proof. I can't think of anything else....

same is here in Peshawar

my meter is 1200 units ahead . its been an year .they keep adding the units and now the difference is 1200.

after complaining repeatedly nothing happened.

what the hell.

I am afraid KESC is deliberately pushing its subscribers to the wall. If they have outsourced meter reading/bill distribution etc then why meters are not read and why people run from pillar to post to get their bills corrected which unfortunately cannot be done due to strike. Now that PM/CMs committees have failed miserably in solving KESC/CBA conflict; Supreme Court should take notice.

[quote=“ImtheKiller, post:5, topic:14964”]

“Meter Not Read” was mentioned in last month’s bill only. and this is no reason you can send huge amount of bill in the name of union strike.

[/quote]

My Friend the purpose of this post is not to De-motivate you…

Entire Karachi is overburdened with “KESC Bills” and share the same emotions you have including me …

Your post on Wired Pakistan will be read by the few hundred Literates out of 20 million people living in Karachi…

Going to KESC alone will not result in anything fruitful…

Just look around in your neighborhood how many residents are willing to accompany you to KESC ( no offense but my guess would be 3% out of the total number of households)

(I cannot think of a single house hold in my neighborhood who would be willing to accompany me to KESC)

The question is if you take a stand against KESC how far are you willing to go.

If you take a stand against KESC you should have resources and a good number of people to support you.

My driver Lives in Korangi and he says he has not payed his electricity bill for the past 3 months and KESC does not dare to go to his neighborhood to cut the connection…

I agree with you but there should be way to sort-out such problems, that's why I posted this.

If you decided not to pay the bills, how long you will not pay, one month, two month or six months...that's it. At the end you have to pay with penalties.

[quote="highway, post:9, topic:14964"]

My driver Lives in Korangi and he says he has not payed his electricity bill for the past 3 months and KESC does not dare to go to his neighborhood to cut the connection..

[/quote]

LAHORE – Almost every consumer of the ‘most efficient’ Lahore Electric Supply Company except its own employees would have to visit the office of the concern XEN or SDO after two or three months for the correction of over-billing.

Despite the fact the consumers have been charging extra units in order to balance the electricity theft and line losses in a division.

The Lesco officials repeatedly say the over-billing is a human mistake, but interestingly this mistake always goes in the favour of the Company. One can also see the innocent consumers demanding relief from the SDO, XEN and meter reader at their offices for the correction of the bill, but they do not bother to solve the genuine problems of the consumers.

http://nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/Regional/Lahore/05-Jul-2011/Lesco-swindles-people-thru-overbilling

Bro its happening everywhere.....

You can read the statement on the bills that average billing is going on.....

But once all the issues will be resolved your units will be adjusted and then for one or 2 months you will be getting 0 Rs bill as it has happened with me before.....

KESC charged more than then meter reading and then sent us a 0 Rs bill next month as we already paid them for the units that were billed.....

This is how it works ! Hope it helps !

0 Rs Bill, no line rent and taxes?

[quote="decent_lavishing, post:12, topic:14964"]

Bro its happening everywhere.....

You can read the statement on the bills that average billing is going on.....

But once all the issues will be resolved your units will be adjusted and then for one or 2 months you will be getting 0 Rs bill as it has happened with me before.....

KESC charged more than then meter reading and then sent us a 0 Rs bill next month as we already paid them for the units that were billed.....

This is how it works ! Hope it helps !

[/quote]

Nops thats because they adjusted that in the previous bill !

Each and everything !

I hope they also do same with me. Thanks for the info.

[quote="decent_lavishing, post:14, topic:14964"]

Nops thats because they adjusted that in the previous bill !

Each and everything !

[/quote]

This month, I got bill of 9000 PKR. I live in 3 room appartment. My average bill should be 1500 max but they are sending me average bill of 4000+ from past 4 months.

[quote=“ImtheKiller, post:16, topic:14964”]

This month, I got bill of 9000 PKR. I live in 3 room appartment. My average bill should be 1500 max but they are sending me average bill of 4000+ from past 4 months.

[/quote]

Was your meter read this time before sending bill ? Or was it average ? I think you should go and consult KESC now ! Go to any of their office branch !

And if your meter was read this time then check if your electricity has not been stolen !

[quote=“ImtheKiller, post:16, topic:14964”]

[/quote]

that maybe electricity price increased from past few months and they keep rising?

[quote=“decent_lavishing, post:17, topic:14964”]

And if your meter was read this time then check if your electricity has not been stolen !

[/quote]

if someone stolen or made illegal joint behind the meter main Power cable does it effect power consumption in bill?

They are sending me an average billing for past 3 months because of union issues. Meter not read clearly mentioned in the bill.

I already checked there is no electricity stolen issue.

All KESC offices are closed, but KESC 118 says, we can't do anything regarding billing issue, you have to pay the bill.

[quote="decent_lavishing, post:17, topic:14964"]

Was your meter read this time before sending bill ? Or was it average ? I think you should go and consult KESC now ! Go to any of their office branch !

[/quote]