Keeping money overseas, before Doglion comes!

The last time PML-Nawaz was in power, and Nawaz Sharif was Prime Minister, foreign bank transfers were blocked, foreign currency accounts frozen. This was caused by the extreme strain on balance of payments Shahbaz Sharif had raided the Supreme Court and intimidated the judiciary. When General Musharraf took over, his motorcade was spontaneously applauded by ordinary people. By 2002, the economy had stabilised, but confidence was never fully restored because of what Nawaz did.

These are facts, not lacuna in my memory.

I distrust Sharif people more than PPP. Unfortunately, given the vote bank in "Punjab", I fear Nawaz and his lion (looks more like a jackal actually) will return to power, a THIRD term.

Given the extravagant spending expected by the next government, continued massive corruption, and soon to be harsh IMF terms imposed for lifeline loans, is it advisable to keep some money abroad?

I've talked to a couple of people who work in banks, and are well placed enough to report recent massive foreign exchange transfers to offshore accounts. Some of this is likely by PPP "jiyalas" who won't waste time here for the next term, and are moving to places like Dubai, London, etc.

But for ordinary working people, is there a way to guard against asset seizure and confiscation by a morally bankrupt regime at home? It happened in Cyprus.

Why don't you vote for PTI on 11th and keep your fingers crossed for another day or so. May be the outcome is different than what most are expecting. After all it is not going to happen overnight (the raid on your assets). I have also postponed my immigration application for the same reason, to see if there is any hope left for Pakistan.

My choice will be clear after 11th, to stay or leave.

But I am VERY VERY clear on one thing. Sharif brothers cannot save this country. In fact, they are not here to save us.

We need pervez musharaf again, to put pakistan in same track, strong economy.

[quote=“unikorn, post:2, topic:19342”]

Why don't you vote for PTI on 11th and keep your fingers crossed for another day or so.

But I am VERY VERY clear on one thing. Sharif brothers cannot save this country. In fact, they are not here to save us.

[/quote]

I could have kind of believed the Sharif brothers were different this time, IF Shahbaz's daughter hadn't set her goons on the assistant in the bakery, and then his *son in law* hadn't grinned like a Cheshire for the cameras, and then the charges hadn't been voided, and then they hadn't retained the gigantic security retinue for the Sharif biraderi even after the prorogation. Not that the expense and diversion of resources for the service of this princely clan was justifiable to begin with.

[quote="Yousaf_Burki, post:3, topic:19342"]

We need pervez musharaf again, to put pakistan in same track, strong economy.

[/quote]

I agree with President Musharraf's mother, he's the dimmest of her sons. Coming back to Pakistan was a bonehead move. Not resigning in 2006 or even 2007, major political mistake. Frankly, his time in politics is done. I liked him, but he strung together blunders. I hate him for Shortcut Aziz and Chaudhry brothers and getting too chummy with CIA and the botched nature of Balochistan and Lal Masjid and violating the Constitution at every turn and surrendering sovereignty every time he got out of bed. I don't blame him for any of the bullshit charges against him, but he's out of touch, and that's a politician's biggest sin.

Babar Sattar calls it correctly. Khilafah is coming (again)! Guess who.

[quote=“Wire, post:5, topic:19342”]

Babar Sattar calls it correctly. Khilafah is coming (again)! Guess who.

[/quote]

wonder if any one of you ever heard of a person called "sheikh Imran Hossein" and listened to any of his lectures?

Search him on youtube...

I feel I should say something positive. Said the proton ^_^