Keep getting "Message sending failed due to insufficient balance"

Hi guys i keep getting "Message sending failed due to insufficient balance please recharge your account and try again" sms in my ufone number even though i am not sending any sms. I get this at least 3 times a day and on top of that i had 22/-Rs balance in it and now presto alakazam its gone!! :o

what insanity is this??:o

Can someone shed some light into this. =(

port out of ufone to telenor.

Ufone is @ no.1 in spamming / illegal practices these days. Calling helpline wouldn't make any difference so simply complain to PTA.

It's probably their 'info services' (better term would be SPAM) which I think they enable automatically.

It used to be free but they now charge for it. That's probably whats eating your balance.

Now it's probably trying to deduct some more money for next month's 'info services' but there is not enough balance...hence the message of 'insufficient balance'.

http://www.ufone.com/mobPro_infotainment.aspx

Easy solution is to call the helpline and keep note of who attends to you. If it doesn't stops with 2 calls, on the third call, tell them you will sue them in the court if the messages don't stop. Ask them to escalate the call to their manager. Give reference to those who previously attended your call. Give them a suing amount of a couple million rupees. Use a strict tone. Speak English, if you have fluent spoken English.

Ta da! :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Easy solution is to call the helpline and keep note of who attends to you. If it doesn’t stops with 2 calls, on the third call, tell them you will sue them in the court if the messages don’t stop. Ask them to escalate the call to their manager. Give reference to those who previously attended your call. Give them a suing amount of a couple million rupees. Use a strict tone. Speak English, if you have fluent spoken English.

Ta da! :D

[/quote]

That won’t help, as once when i got into some trouble due to Ufone’s negligence i talked with the floor manager twice (First time she hung up the phone) second time she was unable to say anything in her defense. I even asked her to resign from the job if she can’t help the customers and threatened her about reporting this to higher authorities, then i contacted with some higher authorities in Ufone and got my problem solved within 3 hours though i didn’t reported about the Floor Manager’s attitude 'cause She would have surely lose her job if i did so. :D

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

port out of ufone to telenor.
[/quote]

x2, but I’ll suggest Zong instead of telenor.

i have telenor sim, hmm i will visit their franchise and ask them to disable all this nonsense info services or whatever they have enabled. They want to take all this money to their graves i think where it will turn into snakes and scorpions and sting them :@

I purchased two telenor sims yesterday and I called the helpline and told them politely to disable all services except ingoing/ougoing voice calls on these two numbers.

And it was DONE.

may be you subscribe some info services from ufone. they charge you on daily biases or weekly?

No i had previously gone and had the info services disabled.. don't know what is the matter with Ufone..

The people who are sitting on customer services they even don't know about these msgs... It's Ufone's network fault... Instead of using zong or telenor, I'll prefer you use Warid or Mobilink. Although they are costly but they will give you the better service than all other three networks...

I have warid and mobilink sims too, although i keep getting those ridiculous balance transfer texts and business cards on mobilink which automatically transfer 100/-Rs from your account if you happen to save it. i swear there is no accountability here. There is also supposed to be this magic sim which grabs balance from other people's sims and let the magic sim user talk free :mad

No it's not a network fault these Ufone people enable services and now i hear they have started charging for delivery reports of sms.

Complain to PTA. You network is spamming you