KCS Digital TV - Alternative to Satellite TV?

I recently learned that KCS has started offering some great channels like OSN, HBO and others through their digital STBs. Just wanted to know how many people in Karachi are using this service from KCS. Also, how consistent is this service and how much does it cost? I've heard that KCS charges around Rs. 250 for their analog channels and then another Rs. 400-450 per month for digital channels.

About a month or so ago before I moved, I had Worldcall digital which cost no more than Rs. 700 for 3 months (i.e. around Rs. 200 per month) total. They did not charge extra for their digital service, but I think that's because I subscribed when they had a special offer in place. However, their channel lineup was a total flop ever since they stopped showing OSN channels back in April.

I wouldn't mind paying extra for KCS's digital service so long as they provide this service consistently rather than taking their channels off air or having to see the dreaded "No signal" message on most of the popular entertainment channels for 15-20 days every month or even indefinitely, yet still have to pay their monthly subscription fee. Would love to hear about the genuine experience that people have had with this service so far.

I spoke to the KCS supplier in my area and he informed me that I'd have to wait for 7 days as the digital STBs would become available in this time and it would cost Rs. 5,000 to get the box. If they provide a decent and consistent service, I think it's definitely worth it as from what I've heard, they have a whole range of international entertainment channels which means it's a cheaper alternative to getting a satellite dish installed.

I would like to see some mature individuals respond with their views and personal experiences as on another thread where such services were being discussed, members were not very upfront or helpful.

Thoughts?

Dear Johny,

AS my sources tells that Solo Cable operator is providing Digital Signal to all major operators in karachi ...and almost in this week STB's will available in market or cable operator and channels are really good and entertaining this time ....+ subscribers and subscriber some more special channels later on ....

solo guy is stupid he wants to run whole karachi through his headend and would not allow any other digital headend to run through political pressure what a pity !!!!!!!!!

[quote=“Shah22, post:2, topic:16149”]

Dear Johny,

AS my sources tells that Solo Cable operator is providing Digital Signal to all major operators in karachi …and almost in this week STB’s will available in market or cable operator and channels are really good and entertaining this time …+ subscribers and subscriber some more special channels later on …

[/quote]

I find it quite annoying that cable operators in this country still operate as if if it’s 1969 because they don’t have a website. It’s a shame. Are MPC and solo one and the same? MPC does have a website, even though that too is quite lame but at least they have one.

Dear Johny,

AS my sources tells that Solo Cable operator is providing Digital Signal to all major operators in karachi …and almost in this week STB’s will available in market or cable operator and channels are really good and entertaining this time …+ subscribers and subscriber some more special channels later on …

[/quote]

Where can we get this STB?

Dear Johny,

[/quote]

Shah sahab, this week tu khatam ho chuka almost bhai. Aap kahan ghaib ho gaye ander ke khabar lai kay?Agar contacts hein tu hum ko bhi KCS ka STB dilwa do na… :D

digital cable uses dvb-c receiver so if you have any receiver of this specs you can view digital cable by just inserting your cable in that receiver and scan for the complete frequency list if you don't know specific frequencies. If your cable operator isn't using any encryption then you can view channels on your receiver for free but in other case you gonna ask your cable operator to provide you with smart card.