KARACHI SPECIFIC present Rain and Electiric situation

in other rain thread information getting mingled with Islamabad/Rawalpindi since their problems of right now are different, i am happy for my brothers in islamabad they are enjoying the weather with minor problems, in Karachi situation is really pathetic SO I STARTED KARACHI SEPCIFIC THREAD REGARDING CURRENT RAIN/ELECTRIC SITUATION IN KARACHI,

1) in karachi WTF you gonna do with good weather when we don't have electric for last 2 days.

2) "118" KESC info number is off the hook since yesterday the moment rain started.

3) DHA took almost year and half to complete rain drainage only cover very selected area, while phase 6 and 7 and totally flooded,

4) no info at all that what the hell is going on with electric, total blackout

5) on top people are dumb too, i heard in DHA phase 5 badar commercial area about 150 people mobbed KESC office and made them run away, RIGHT THING WOULD HAVE BEEN TO KIDNAP THEM AND TOLD THEM TO FIX THE THING, RATHER THAN MAKE THEM RUN AWAY. NOW THEY GOT GOOD EXCUSE FOR DELAY.

6) in last count 33 people have died.

7) worldcall cable TV is off since yesterday

8) generators have given up at many peoples home i know, 90% of them in use are not designed for continuous 48 hours service even in intervals.

9) karachi airport has no power, is in total black out and very limited essential like control tower ore on generator, as one of my friend picked up his uncle from airport

everybody is totally clueless whats going on

^Its all happening because no one predicted that Karachi could get so much rainfall.

When water level decreased many things will start coming to the normalcy.

We in Jhelum having no rain from so many days. Its so hot in Jhelum.

To their credit, the drainage systems installed in DHA in certain areas have done their job (see Commercial Ave., Areas of Phase 4 and certain streets in Phase 5), but they were never designed to deal with THIS much rain. The problem is compounded by the fact that the drainage system is thus far incomplete in critical places like Kh-E-Bahria where the water is piling up crazy. We got a excessive amount of rain and wind yesterday and it has completely overwhelmed the systems. Having lived abroad, I can tell you that the infrastructure in areas like Canada or the Middle East would not be able to cope that much better....

2 Years ago when we had ridiculous amounts of rain similar to this downfall, all of Defence was literally underwater for DAYS going onto upwards of a week. You could not think about going on the roads the next day. A day in, Clifton and Defence are in much better shape than they would have been a year ago.

I think its worth noting that if we did not have the ridiculous extended power outages, we would not be complaining as much.

As far as Generators running too long, if you have an air cooled generator (smaller units <15 kVa) do not run your generator for more than 4+ hours continously. When you do, be sure to put it in a well ventilated area and try and limit your load to no more than 75% of the rated capacity. For larger water-cooled generators, be sure to check the water and oil pressure every few hours to ensure that things don't get out of hand. When possible, open the canopy to let the engine breathe a bit after a long run (4-5+ Hours). Most larger generators are capable of running on days on end, but NOT at their rated capacity. Long runs are where you will see the difference between excellent, good and poor generators.

KESC is in shambles. Water flooding is the result of Sind Govt and Nazimeen. No one paid timely attention to cleanup rain drainage system. People here are dumb and keep on shooting in their own feet.

Anyway situation has started to change. 45% grid stations have been normalised. many main roads have been cleared. Rest are waiting in pain.

It's 35+ hours without KESC electricity. It's been a day

without rain and no reason why they couldn't put their

house in order. I don't mind the tortured folks terrorizing

and beating-up the KESC staff. They should know that

there are consequences for f***ing-up on the job and

they... they should be scared when they switch off the

lights to an area. Very afraid.

We know now that the KESC has the capacity to generate

the needed power. They just choose not to purchase the

oil to fuel their power houses. Oil companies are reporting

400% to 1300% increase in their profits over the last year,

while people are dying.

They should release the list of all the CEOs of these comp-

anies so that the awaam can go and spank their big, fat

bloated asses.

Sheikh 'Attica! Attica!' Chilli

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

It’s 35+ hours without KESC electricity. It’s been a day

without rain and no reason why they couldn’t put their

house in order. I don’t mind the tortured folks terrorizing

and beating-up the KESC staff. They should know that

there are consequences for f***ing-up on the job and

they… they should be scared when they switch off the

lights to an area. Very afraid.

We know now that the KESC has the capacity to generate

the needed power. They just choose not to purchase the

oil to fuel their power houses. Oil companies are reporting

400% to 1300% increase in their profits over the last year,

while people are dying.

anies so that the awaam can go and spank their big, fat

bloated asses.

Sheikh ‘Attica! Attica!’ Chilli

[/quote]

x2

anies so that the awaam can go and spank their big, fat bloated asses.

[/quote]

LOL. Why not we start doing it as Public Service.

UPDATE:

1) monday 8 pm still no electric in 3rd straight day....... and no information available what going on.....

2) at badar commercial area KESC office no official is there for last 3 days, no maintenance trucks, since morning there are always average 30 residents are standing inquiring about whats going on and no one is there to tell them anything, one police mobile is standing there about 200 feet away for nothing looks like ready to run away if situation gets bad, it just looks like people are coming in front of the closed office to vent their anger out and then they go home (what else can be done), GEO and other TV channels were there doing the coverage. on funny side there was one aunty she really lost it and she was cursing like crazy in urdu/enlglish and we all there started clapping. very courageous lady/

3) at tauheed commercial area people are burning tires in front of Ideal bakery and police just arrived.

4) 118 still off the hook looks.

SITUATION IS GETTING REALLY PATHETIC, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I AM SEEING THAT EDUCATED PEOPLE FROM DHA/CLIFTON ARE GETTING OUT ON STREETS AND GETTING INTO MOB MENTALITY, JUST SHOWS THE LEVEL OF DESPERATION HERE, THIS IS USUALLY SOMETHING ONE ONLY READ AND SEE ON NEWSPAPERS/TV ABOUT OTHER AREAS IN KARACHI.

after all this stuff going on and one get to read this.... unbelievable lol.....

"KESC obtains fatwa against power theft"

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/dawn-content-library/dawn/news/pakistan/metropolitan/06-kesc-obtains-fatwa-against-power-theft-01

90APP603-11-JPG-608.jpg?MOD=AJPERES

in other rain thread information getting mingled with Islamabad/Rawalpindi since their problems of right…

6) in last count 33 people have died.

…everybody is totally clueless whats going on

[/quote]

O God! Bless us with the Rain of Peace and Happiness!

^

They took fatwa because some people use to argue that noone can see electricity nor anyone can touch then how can any one act in thefting electricity.

Karachites are very angry on KESC management and thats why they have hired a girl as a spokes person on the behalf of KESC. Clever management.

Karachites are very angry on KESC management and thats why they have hired a girl as a spokes person on the behalf of KESC. Clever management.
[/quote]

But a girl can not be a substitute for Electricity Management…! Karachites are also Clever! I think!

^lol

Yes you are right. Here in Jhelum Punjab we are facing 18 hrs load shedding in every 24 hrs. Some times voltage is also low.

According to Water & Power minister IESCO is best in all fields compared to all other electricity companies in Pakistan. Best is like this then imagine the other parts of the country. WAPDA and all these power companies are WHTE ELEPHANTS.

Screw the government. Guess who is the cousin of the guy in the pic above? ZARDARI :@ So there you have it. Now you know why KESC will NEVER work for the betterment of the public.

@osmanzubair658: Dude, I love your signature! It's hilarious!!

^lol

Yes you are right. Here in Jhelum Punjab we are facing 18 hrs load shedding in every 24 hrs. Some times voltage is also low.

According to Water & Power minister IESCO is best in all fields compared to all other electricity companies in Pakistan. Best is like this then imagine the other parts of the country. WAPDA and all these power companies are WHTE ELEPHANTS.

[/quote]

Who says that Elephants do not exist in Pakistan…! Especially White Elephants! :D