Just Wondering

Are we going to stay stuck at the max 1MB connections the wimax operators are currently providing in this country?, i mean wateen has been here for many years. Is it so that wimax technology actually sucks big time in the long run?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Are we going to stay stuck at the max 1MB connections the wimax operators are currently providing in this country?, i mean wateen has been here for many years. Is it so that wimax technology actually sucks big time in the long run?
[/quote]

I don’t think this 1Mbps is the limit of WiMax technology. WiMax is going great e.g. in Korea and speeds like 4Mbps are common. Please see this article in PCMag http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2351967,00.asp An excerpt from this article is as follows:

As we whizzed by each stop, I kept expecting the WiBro connection to stutter as it hopped from base station to base station. It never happened. Eventually, I imagined myself riding the rails all day, enjoying speeds—4.3 Mbps down and 1.6 Mbps up—that rivaled entry-level home broadband in the U.S.

So there is lot of room to improve for WiMax providers here.

Good Question. Equipment installed on wimax base stations is capable to provide more than 1 mbps(In Pakistan as well), ... far more. Yes!

so latest tariff is?

I heard the rumors that the recent service outages (at least in Lahore) have something to do with Wateen base station equipment changing from Motrolla to some equipment by Haewae of China. Is there any truth in it?

I heard the rumors that the recent service outages (at least in Lahore) have something to do with Wateen base station equipment changing from Motrolla to some equipment by Haewae of China. Is there any truth in it?
[/quote]

Yeah lets see if there is any development. Selling 256K and 512K connections these days is almost like a blasphemy if you ask me :lol:

Yeah lets see if there is any development. Selling 256K and 512K connections these days is almost like a blasphemy if you ask me :lol:

[/quote]

So true,especially when PTCL is giving a hell of a competition to every ISPs,wired or wireless.