Just need some info on cng in cars

i have a brand new mehran with factory fitted cng

and i am having some problems with cng in my car

the thing is that it stuters and stops sometimes.now i know this is not pak wheels,,

but just wanted to know is it necesary to drive cng car on petrol once a month to keep it internal parts lubricated...

Yes necessary to drive on petrol at least once in a week but about 2 to 5 kilometere.

Regarding CNG, You must keep air fillter clean and replace with new one once in atleast 2 months and clean in 15 days.

your car needs CNG adjustment i.e CNG to air mix ratio needs to be set along with carburetor adjustment.

Where do you live? if you are in Isb/Rwp, I know the best person for the job.

Know of any good cng mechanics in khi? when I say good, I mean really good. :)

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Know of any good cng mechanics in khi? when I say good, I mean really good. :)
[/quote]

the guys at cng kit zone are experienced (one of the first to be converting to cng in khi) but they thier nakhrey

but you should do your own research

your car needs CNG adjustment i.e CNG to air mix ratio needs to be set along with carburetor adjustment.

Where do you live? if you are in Isb/Rwp, I know the best person for the job. where can i get this in karachi?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

ummro>>i live in karachi

can i get this in karachi?

HiTech at DHA -II commercial is quite good and without nakhrey.

Where do you live? if you are in Isb/Rwp, I know the best person for the job.

[/quote]

dude, i would like to know that too, i am from the same region (rwp/isb) , n looking for a gud cng setter,

do tell the name and hopefully any contact or address of the shop

dude, i would like to know that too, i am from the same region (rwp/isb) , n looking for a gud cng setter,

do tell the name and hopefully any contact or address of the shop

[/quote]

ENERCON 051-7122031 mechanic name is khursheed. Callup and ask for directions since I don’t know the area well to give directions. It is near scheme 3, though.

Where do you live? if you are in Isb/Rwp, I know the best person for the job. where can i get this in karachi?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

ummro>>i live in karachi

can i get this in karachi?

[/quote]

sorry about Karachi but are you aware of any workshop in Karachi that uses ENERCON provided computer hardware for tuneup? The one I listed above does and thats their secret weapon since they set the CNG / air-mix ration by analyzing the exhaust of a car besides other readings.

ENERCON 051-7122031 mechanic name is khursheed. Callup and ask for directions since I don’t know the area well to give directions. It is near scheme 3, though.

[/quote]

hey, thnx for the info buddy

yea, will call em up and get directions, thnx

You just need adjustment also called "CNG tuning". Just go to any mechanic and ask him to tune your CNG setting. I do it once in 3 months.

A little off-topic, but my Mehran, when new, used to give a mileage of about 130-140 per fill on route Tower - Malir Cantt. After installing AC, it dropped to 110-120. That was 3 years back. Now it hardly gives me 60-70km per fill on Tower-Defense VII route. Does it have anything to do with car life or does the CNG kit need adjustment? It's now 3 years I'm using this car.

@unikorn

You need to go CNG technician for service as well as any problem. May be you may need to replace air filter which really creat lot problem. Moreover, assess your self that what rout you now using as slow trafic route will give lot less milage.

@unikorn

Plus you also need to service your CNG tank. The oil needs to be drained from it and cleaned.

air filter is very important too as mfa6464 mentioned

if oil is in cng tank what harm will it cause? though i know how it can be drained.

Oil can be drained by filling the cng tank full then taking the cylinder out hope you have been working out at gym.., put it upside down and open the valve to let the gas out and voila the oil will come out too but dont forget to put a bucket or something under the cylinder or therwise there will be oil everywhere.

My cng guy charges 800rs for this task and additional 250 for tuning.

It could be very harmfull if cng tank full with gas did not handled by some export. So, be aware of it.

CNG tank full of gas just like bomb.

Yes you are right but as long as you dont hear no xplosion its cool ;)

does any one know any cng expert in Lahore , i have cng fitted mehran and it is MISSING when i start , i could not find any gud mechanic.