Jobs in middle east

Hey guys, Im currently looking for entry level jobs in middle east and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Im an ACCA and curently doing CFA and also doing CA (ICAP) and doing Articleship from PwC Karachi, However due to financial issues i want to shift to an ICAEW contract (which is not being given here in pakistan) or i just need to get a job and shift to middle east.

If there is anyone who is in the Accounting and Finance field and lives in Middle East, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks !

Job market in middle east is not good these days. Went there recently and was disappointed by the job market situation

Work here first then look for jobs elsewhere after a year or two

It is difficult to get job in middle east these days especially in big companies and audit firms. They are primarily two requirements there one is you have passed all your ACCA papers and have atleast 1 yr experiance. Since you have fulfilled them presusmeably you can atleast apply there. However i know many people wasting time to go there or they have even spent money to stay there and try to get job but the market is very weak and the only people i know who have got job there in past few years are those who had strong reference. Between you can get ICAEW articles at Pakistan as i am doing them along with CFA and has passed ACCA.

You may have better luck if you are in the middle east on a visit visa etc. Companies generally want to see you in person. Trying to get something is hard if not impossible.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

It is difficult to get job in middle east these days especially in big companies and audit firms. They are primarily two requirements there one is you have passed all your ACCA papers and have atleast 1 yr experiance. Since you have fulfilled them presusmeably you can atleast apply there. However i know many people wasting time to go there or they have even spent money to stay there and try to get job but the market is very weak and the only people i know who have got job there in past few years are those who had strong reference. Between you can get ICAEW articles at Pakistan as i am doing them along with CFA and has passed ACCA.
[/quote]

You are doing ICAEW articles? From where?

Also are you also doing CFA? Any advices for the level 1 paper in December? Im freaking out… lol

Anyways, I heard in Middle east they usually take ACCA’s pretty easily but i guess you need to be there in the country first.

How are you doing all three things at the same time? You should either do CA+ACCA or CA+CFA at one time. Doing all three at the same time will be pretty tough. Jobs in Middle East are very tough to find these days. You need to be at least ACCA qualified to apply for a job in any of the Audit Firms in the ME. You can only do ICAEW when you have qualified CA then give two papers and do training for two years i think. There is also an option for ACCA members where they have to show an industry experience of five years i think and they will be given ICAEW members. But I am not updated with the new "offer" :) from ICAEW so i'll get back to you when I confirm form someone.

How are you doing all three things at the same time? You should either do CA+ACCA or CA+CFA at one time. Doing all three at the same time will be pretty tough. Jobs in Middle East are very tough to find these days. You need to be at least ACCA qualified to apply for a job in any of the Audit Firms in the ME. You can only do ICAEW when you have qualified CA then give two papers and do training for two years i think. There is also an option for ACCA members where they have to show an industry experience of five years i think and they will be given ICAEW members. But I am not updated with the new “offer” :) from ICAEW so i’ll get back to you when I confirm form someone.
[/quote]

Well im already ACCA qualified. All papers passed.

ICAP’s policy is that once your articleship starts, You cannot give Module E untill you have got registered 18 months experience. So i can only give Module E from Dec 2011. So till then i can give whichever qualification i want… So i went for CFA and i have CFA level 1 in December 2010

Anyway, Yeah ICAEW changed their policies, If you are an ICAP member you only need to give 3 or 4 papers to get ICAEW. No extra training period required now. For ACCA’s, They can claim exemption and they only have to give 3 papers but they have to complete 3 years training under an ICAEW training contract. The 5 year route is the CCAB one, In which you have to wait after 5 years of becoming ACCA member, So that means 3 years to complete ACCA training and then 5 more years of employment which makes a total of 8 years which is too long.

hmmm.... are you CFA guys are still in college/university as i am assuming from your above discussion or seeking new job????? as far as i know about CFA one has to have pure full time 3 years work experience before this designation is awarded after 3 levels of exams, so how come just out of college or still enrolled in college you people are seeking CFA????

hmmm… are you CFA guys are still in college/university as i am assuming from your above discussion or seeking new job??? as far as i know about CFA one has to have pure full time 3 years work experience before this designation is awarded after 3 levels of exams, so how come just out of college or still enrolled in college you people are seeking CFA???
[/quote]

Yes well, You can do any job in a CFA related field, And that experience will get counted for CFA. So you can give all CFA papers and pass them and get a CFA related job and complete your experience later.

You are doing ICAEW articles? From where?

Also are you also doing CFA? Any advices for the level 1 paper in December? Im freaking out… lol

Anyways, I heard in Middle east they usually take ACCA’s pretty easily but i guess you need to be there in the country first.

[/quote]

Im doing it at Ernst & Young lahore. I has been given to many trainess here. I know there are other firms at lahore who give it too but the strength of them is pretty low. As when i went to give 2/3 remaining ICAEW after claiming exemption via ACCA route this november, there were like 8-12 students in examination hall.

ACCA has good market in middle east but the problem of recession is still going on (better than before), so it is pretty difficult to get job there. U gotta try to stay there and apply or try some referance to work for you. Because i havent seen anyone just applying online and getting job these days. But u can try your luck.

I have passed level 2 this june. So i would advise you don’t worry about level 1 it is quite easy especailly we ACCA students have good grip over FSA, Corporate finance and equity which counts are major core areas. You must make sure you are good or atleast average at ethics and economics. Last thing just relax level 1 can be passed easily if you have played with books well :). Goodluck for your paper.

Thats the problem, I havent gone through the books properly :(.

Anyway how much are you getting at EY for ICAEW contracts? I heard over here in karachi, EY are also giving ICAEW contracts and the stipend they get is around 9500rs. Is that true?

Anyway i just heard, salary for ICAEW trainees in Dubai is around 8000 Dharams :|. Ill be trying my luck, Lets see what happens

^well i am getting 5400 that is same as acca trainee here. I have heard stipend at karachi is more than lahore, around 10ks so i guess it is true.

Trainees at middle east earn alot. A normal ACCA contract trainee earns around Rs.150,000-200,000 at Kuwait, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia and i guess at Dubai too. So try your luck over there it is best for you. Make your effort :)