It's time for an A/C discussion again!

I am shopping for a 1ton split a/c and have narrowed down my choices to the following two:

a) Mitsubishi Mr. Slim (33k w/out pipe)

B) Gree gs12cz6 (26k with 10ft free pipe)

I was wondering if Mitsubishi is worth the cost. I don't really prefer an a/c based on life though as I will probably replace it within 3-4 seasons or less.

Any other recommendations based on experience are welcome too.

P.S. I have heard Gree is just a rebranded Samsung but I am not too sure about that.

Its the same hunt as before? I mean I was searching and found your posts here, which also a related topic so you should have a look:

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=662

Asad_N, repeat posts :o...... didn't expect that from you :)

anyways on the point.... I have 3 gree in my house 1ton, 1.5ton gs18cz6 and 2ton gs24cz6.... I have found their airflow, noise and cooling to be great...

I know different ppl here might have different opinions but these are my 2 cents :)

Gree is manufactured in China, by the same company that makes Dawlance. If you can afford the Mitsubishi, go for it, if not, then go for Gree or Dawlance. It makes no difference, the cooling performance is not significantly difference and neither has anything special that the other does not. Regardless of what happens, any decent AC tech will be able to repair or fix any unit when the inevitable strikes.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Its the same hunt as before? I mean I was searching and found your posts here, which also a related topic so you should have a look:

http://www.wiredpakistan.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=662

[/quote]

Yeah. It’s just that, I am looking for some different opinions this time. Last time, I didn’t buy a Mr. Slim. And this thread is more like a comparison for Gree and Mr. Slim.

In comparison between Gree and Mr.Slim... Gree is better option because both of them i had experiened Gree is more competent with great air flow and cooling range however Mr.Slim quality got worst because of low quality of cooling coils being used

Bought Gree. Pretty impressive performance so far.

Please do tell us how long after it dies.

Please tell me the shop from where you purchase and also the price of 1 and 1.5 ton.

[/quote]

Can U upload the pic of the Ac and gree is auto restart when light comes back.

Please tell me the shop from where you purchase and also the price of 1 and 1.5 ton.
[/quote]

I bought it for 26k. The price for 1.5ton was 33k I think.

[/quote]

How’s a picture going to help? If you wanna buy based on looks, well then, just visit the market :) … And yes, it restores its previous state when power comes back, i.e. if it was running when power went out, it will start when the power is restored.

hey hey hey which shop u get it from??? plzzzz telllllll :P

Before buying the one Dawlance, the only experience we had,

with splits was with Mitsubishis. There are some things that

we took for granted with the Mitsubishis that aren't available

in Dawlance and perhaps in other brands as well.

Like, the air vanes on the Dawlance won't tilt far down enough

for people sitting on a bed, or sofa to get direct air. The temp

on the Dawlance only goes down to 18C (not 16C). There are

not enough air flow and temp options available on the Dawlance,

in addition to safety measures (like auto tilt-up of vanes when

they have been fixed in the downward position for a long time

and there is danger of build-up of moisture inside), as there are

on the Mitsubishi.

You cannot "fix" the Dawlance with a chip on it's motherboard,

that can restrict it from coming to life, when the genset comes

on, like you can with the Mitsubishi. If you don't want this option

then you are good on this one.

I have asked some of the techs who come to service the splits,

about various Chinese models and how they fare in actual life

and according to them, if you have to buy Chinese, go for Gree

(or Haier), rather than SG and others. My recent experience with

the service centre of SG has only served to cement this rule-of-

thumb.

Sheikh 'Chilled' Chilli

All the previus models of dawalance and gree were same with just difference of name tag.....they were made in china from same company but now there is new dawlance model being advertised on tv with black body .has any one bought it?....i have 1.5 ton dawlance split a/c installed at my farm house at its going good for last 3 years

Please explain your experience and calculations of size covered by 1 and 1.5 ton.

Please explain your experience and calculations of size covered by 1 and 1.5 ton.
[/quote]

As a general rule:

1ton = up to 12x12 (although, I use it on 13x14 without issues - yes it turns off at 24c)

1.5ton = up to 15x15 (if I recall correctly!)

I have already stated my experience. Gree has been working awesome for me.

Anybody can tell me if the room coolers are good ?? The one you have to put ICE in it every 3 hours?? There are youtube videos to build homemade AC, Anybody can confirm if they will work ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR9CA8lJGvs

[/quote]

[/quote]

I bought it for 26k. The price for 1.5ton was 33k I think.

[/quote]

How’s a picture going to help? If you wanna buy based on looks, well then, just visit the market :) … And yes, it restores its previous state when power comes back, i.e. if it was running when power went out, it will start when the power is restored.

hey hey hey which shop u get it from??? plzzzz telllllll :P